SackPardew.com

Decky

There's more weight to saying SP had something to do with Rafa being here than not - by virtue of their goal being met, them explaining the expectations they have of a manager and how morphing into AO has held the club to account. Who cares TBH whether pardew was scared off or just wanted ego massaged - it made him look for the out door. Who cares if it didn't directly bring Rafa here - it nailed it to the mast that talentless yes men aren't to be tolerated. It would seem we were approached by Rafa by sections of our fans having the boldness to spell out that we match the ambitions of the best.

The crowd were well on the turn prior to Sack Pardew like. They certainly helped and might of expedited matters but let's not crack on like they're martyrs. Self-congratulatory cringe.

My personal experience isn't that the crowd were well on the turn, like. You were looked at as if you were an upstart if you threw any abuse his way until the protests. Even at that point, there were sizable amounts of supporters who couldn't see the long-term damage his stewardship was causing and protected him with resistance to the protests.

Agree 100%. Not surprised that foulwashala is trying to rewrite history like given he was one of those who was more vocally against criticism of Pardew on here. Not that he'll admit it now mind.

I went into the Southampton away game (0-4) expecting to get grief for holding up an anti-Pardew banner, and did on the way in. By the end of the game it was the most vitriolic crowd I'd ever been in, almost united in anti-Pardew chants - that was the first day SP was present.

I wonder how much notice Rafa took of SP at the time? Obviously he's a footballing encyclopaedia and will have heard of the campaign. I wonder what he thought about it privately. I wonder if the campaign added to his realisation that this isn't a docile fanbase, and that if you could get the fans on-side, then miracles can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing Rafa told Charnley when being interviewed is that they absolutely must treat the fans better than that they had done previously.

Re: Figures 1-0 argument: The SP campaign was not just a bunch of people screaming abuse at Pardew. The campaign aimed to show that fans will no longer sit on their hands, ignoring facts and evidence that the club was an empty shell and heading nowhere. It was a message to Ashley and the media, more than it was anti-Pardew per se. It was a campaign to protest the campaign by ex-players and pundits to continuously belittle this club and pull the wool over the consumer's eyes when it came to one of their darling own: a British ex-player doing an awful job managing in the top division. SackPardew.com was a middle finger to all of that, and not just some shouty gig to make a manager slightly uncomfortable.

Re: the argument that we still managed to appoint Carver, McClaren, etc post SP - the point with Pardew is he would always do enough to just keep us treading water. Ultimately we probably do owe the clowns who came between Pardew and Rafa as much as SP for proving how broken the model for the club was, but without SP I've no doubt we'd still have an empty soulless club managed by this fraud, still just existing for the sake of it.

I went into the Southampton away game (0-4) expecting to get grief for holding up an anti-Pardew banner, and did on the way in. By the end of the game it was the most vitriolic crowd I'd ever been in, almost united in anti-Pardew chants - that was the first day SP was present.

2nd best thing about that game was Carver offering out lads in the away end, asking them to come to Longbenton on Monday to 'discuss' their sentiments. A cabbie with forearms like hams took Carver up on his invitation and JC hid in the clubhouse until he went away.

2nd best thing about that game was Carver offering out lads in the away end, asking them to come to Longbenton on Monday to 'discuss' their sentiments. A cabbie with forearms like hams took Carver up on his invitation and JC hid in the clubhouse until he went away.

[emoji38] forgot that

Guest neesy111

That was me who he was arguing with.

• 4 months later...
Guest Howaythetoon

This lot highlighted the folly in having someone like Pardew as manager and I genuinely believe without this lot we would not have Rafa, same applies to AO. To all those morons who criticised, mocked and dissented you don't deserve such delights as we are witnessing. Shame on them all. Praise to everyone behind SP and AO and all those who supported.

:lol: Glorious. He felt like the whole world was unfairly against him, out to get the King. I imagine it's similar to how Hitler felt in the bunker when realizing it was all over.

Hitler was waiting for his wonder weapons to turn the war in his favour.  Pardew was waiting to bring Colback and Perch on :kasper: