Newcastle 1-0 Liverpool - 1/11/14 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p 27

Mike

Felt for Sammy a bit today. Looks far more comfortable on the left side, and I think it's the same with Aarons. Once Gabby went off, one of them had to play on the right though, and it was Sammy.

I thought Sammy was fairly poor today overall, otherwise it was a solid set of performances even if it was a little flat.

We're getting some decent performances out of seemingly shit players at the moment - in addition to Obertan not playing badly, Taylor and Dummett are both doing well and had good games today.

Felt for Sammy a bit today. Looks far more comfortable on the left side, and I think it's the same with Aarons. Once Gabby went off, one of them had to play on the right though, and it was Sammy.

Spot on, both are most comfortable on the left. I actually would say Aaron's has more potential on the right than Sammy.

We have won four games in a row and I haven't watched any of them because I can't bare to see this horrific cunt of a manager with a big fucking grin on his face. He is spoiling everything and I can't see past it. While the two cockney cunts are still here the club is dead to me. We've won four on the bounce ffs and I feel nothing, not one thing, and if I may say so I have been a pretty fervent supporter of this club for the last 20 years. I can't just go back to being all giddy about things again because that would be fickle as fuck. What a horrible mess I am in! :lol:

People actually expecting this to last?

Oh for god's sake cheers up for at least a couple of hours after a good win, mate :thup:

As far as I see it this just makes Pardews job secure again.

And I can't stomach having a manager job charge who doesn't want to compete for any sort of silverware.

:thup:

Ignore them, man.

Or just enjoy a good win. We all still want Pardew out, but the guy has survived enough turmoil for it to be clear that no matter what he's not going anywhere any time soon, so you might as well just enjoy what you can.

Fair enough if you can, I've got nowt against it, but for the first time in my life, I just can't. I just don't feel it. This isn't breaking any pattern that I didn't see last year, I foolishly got excited briefly last year, again, to have it thrown in my face from Jan to May.

People actually expecting this to last?

Oh for god's sake cheers up for at least a couple of hours after a good win, mate :thup:

As far as I see it this just makes Pardews job secure again.

And I can't stomach having a manager job charge who doesn't want to compete for any sort of silverware.

:thup:

Ignore them, man.

Or just enjoy a good win. We all still want Pardew out, but the guy has survived enough turmoil for it to be clear that no matter what he's not going anywhere any time soon, so you might as well just enjoy what you can.

Fair enough if you can, I've got nowt against it, but for the first time in my life, I just can't. I just don't feel it. This isn't breaking any pattern that I didn't see last year, I foolishly got excited briefly last year, again, to have it thrown in my face from Jan to May.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not as passionate as I have been in the past, but I really like football, and my watching my team is important to me so I've decided I'm going to just enjoy the good stuff as and when it comes. I'm sick of being so cynical :lol:

It's very clear that one of the big problems we've had is that our wide players are not direct or pacy enough. The fact he played Gouffran out there for so long is insane. Cabella isn't as well suited to that wide role in a Pardew team either.

4 wins in a row in all comps. Two of them against last year's winners and runners up and a third against a Europa League team. 3 clean sheets. I think we're allowed to enjoy this even if it won't last.

Bingo. If ye can't glean a bit of joy from beating a few good sides what's the point?

Steve Mcmanacunt "I'm just glad a good English manager is doing well."

Said we should have had two reds. Sissoko and Janmaat

Well Janmaat should have gone. He lost his temper and lashed out. He needs to cut that sort of thing out, because he could have lost us the game.

It's reminding me of the season we finished fifth - we're not dominating any games, but we're getting results through an organised defence and taking our opportunities at the other end.