Newcastle 1-0 Liverpool - 1/11/14 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p 27

Mike

Guest neesy111

Last season, with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling, Liverpool could attack with great pace. With only one of them, they're a different team going forward. Defenders are under far less pressure.

Similar reason we are looking more threatening in recent weeks, much more pace into the team.

End of the day it's not sustainable. 36% possession stats are not sustainable we have all seen this before

Liverpool may have had 64% possession but never looked like scoring. It certainly wasn't a case of us hoofing aimless long balls from defence, more a case of Liverpool going nowhere. Only Gerrard seemed able to pass the ball in a forward direction. I thought we were very tidy in possession ourselves but more threatening with it. Colback and Abeid gave Sissoko licence to play how he should've been allowed to play since he arrived here.

Astonishing really that it's taken a professional manager so long to see how he can utilise Sissoko and Abeid for the benefit of the side.

Still, all of his changes today were positive so it seems the fan unrest has jarred him into something.

Guest antz1uk

Second half I thought it looked like it was only a matter of time before Liverpool would score, but we scrapped enough, they couldn't create clean chances and we nicked the goal.

Overall we deserved it but I wouldn't have been complaining with a 0-0 or 1-1.

i thouht it looked like they wouldn't score if they played all afternoon, i wasn't nervous at all towards the last 5 minutes when they got the ball, never thought they looked like scoring, not that i;m giving that prick pardew any credit mind. just thought they are really poor, a bit like when we went to swansea the other season and they had all that possession under rodgers. sturridge and suarez out of that team and they've got nothing

Steve Mcmanacunt "I'm just glad a good English manager is doing well."

Said we should have had two reds. Sissoko and Janmaat

Sissoko should've walked. Very dangerous tackle on Allen.

Janmaat on Balotelli was yellow for me.

I don't even remember the Sissoko one.

Clumsy/poor tackle from behind. Allen could easily have broke his leg.

Yellow. Never a red.

Was right below me and I didn't even think it was a yellow.

The ref was absolutely disgraceful.

The fiasco of walking out the 10 yards only for them to put their wall a yard in front of it and then to walk over the line he drew was a disgrace.

Guest palnese

Yellow. Never a red.

The fiasco of walking out the 10 yards only for them to put their wall a yard in front of it and then to walk over the line he drew was a disgrace.

Watch the replay. It was very dangerous. Allen is a lucky man.

Yellow. Never a red.

Watch the replay. It was very dangerous. Allen is a lucky man.

I've not seen any replays, i'll have to wait for motd but I thought they got away with murder and the ref was harsh on us.

I dunno whether it was a pen when Sissoko got fouled it was a stonewall one when Colback got fouled in the area.

Guest antz1uk

What was Taylor officially booked for? Presume it doesn't say you get booked for being embarassing in the rule book

Ungentlemanly conduct or unsportsmanlike behaviour I'd imagine.

this, although personally i'd book him every week just for being an irritant

Congrats on a deserved win. Thought both games were awful, but we managed to be worse than you. Same old issues but Rodgers seem to be ignoring Einsteins quote about insanity. Both teams will struggle to finish in the top 10 though. Really poor game of football and regret walking 20 minutes in cold snow to make it to the pub early morning to watch it.

And of course he should still be sacked :lol:

He's holding us back and has been since he arrived, he's not good enough.

Love that people feel the need to post it :lol:

As if we haven't been getting a few wins despite him every season, it'a par for the course.

We have won four games in a row and I haven't watched any of them because I can't bare to see this horrific cunt of a manager with a big fucking grin on his face. He is spoiling everything and I can't see past it. While the two cockney cunts are still here the club is dead to me. We've won four on the bounce ffs and I feel nothing, not one thing, and if I may say so I have been a pretty fervent supporter of this club for the last 20 years. I can't just go back to being all giddy about things again because that would be fickle as fuck. What a horrible mess I am in! :lol:

Yep. It feels fucking awful

Congrats on a deserved win. Thought both games were awful, but we managed to be worse than you. Same old issues but Rodgers seem to be ignoring Einsteins quote about insanity. Both teams will struggle to finish in the top 10 though. Really poor game of football and regret walking 20 minutes in cold snow to make it to the pub early morning to watch it.

So much harsher than warm snow. I feel for you.  :(

And of course he should still be sacked :lol:

He's holding us back and has been since he arrived, he's not good enough.

Love that people feel the need to post it :lol:

As if we haven't been getting a few wins despite him every season, it'a par for the course.

He's benefited from his own poor performance by convincing everyone that the squad's a right load of shite and lapping up credit when they win a few games.

I love the quote that was posted here about him "building up the basics" first before being able to do well and comparing it to assembling IKEA furniture. FFS, these wins have come on the back of players he didn't give a s*** about at the beginning of the season. He's been building squat. :lol:

Your shelf came out s*** so you bought a new one and called in your neighbors to do it for you, c***.