Newcastle United v Queens Park Rangers - 22/11/2014 15:00 (no TV)

LRD
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Except I've actually seen him at U21 level as well. But yeah, carry on spouting bollocks :thup:

Most people on this forum have probably seen him at U21 level.  Their are plenty of worse players than him that have played regularly in the Premier League as well.

Not sure if he's good enough to be useful to our first team going forward, but I won't right him off yet.

I think we'll struggle as they'll sit back and we have no answer to that.  It'll be similar to that awful 1-0 two years ago but fuck knows which way it'll go.

Neither team will be as bad as they were in that game. Absolutely horrific, still be bang average at best like.

We had an awful 1-0 the year before that as well didn't we?

Not sure, I was thinking of the 1-0 when Shola scored after 80 or so minutes, as it was in December and I was back up for it.

Shola went another 16 months before his next league goal iirc. That win came in the middle of a horrific run of form that has become routine. Like a little sweetcorn in Pardew's standard stool.

Not sure what that proves, I don't think he's good enough for PL level. He went to St mirren and scored 2 in 11 and made one appearance for Carlisle. It's only my opinion obvs and you clearly disagree that's fair enough.

He was at Carlisle for 2 weeks as an 18 year old wasn't he?  Anyway its not like I believe he's good, just haven't decided yet.

Ok we have a better idea of the team now .. Id go with this:

Krul

Janmaat        Saylor              Dummett    Haidara

Sissoko            Colback

Cabella                                                      Ameobi

Perez         

Cisse

Agree with Ron. I think hes been sound defensively since day one, hes never looked dodgy. Its unfashionable to like the local lads for some reason.

He may never become Maldini but with more experience he may become a very good defender indeed.

He deserves to be in the team over Taylor and Williamson.

Aye Shearer was detested and as for that Peter effing Beardsley..................

Ok we have a better idea of the team now .. Id go with this:

Krul

Janmaat        Saylor              Dummett    Haidara

Sissoko            Colback

Cabella                                                      Ameobi

Perez         

Cisse

Think you've nailed it.

This idea people give local lads a hard time is nonsense. Ameobi had it easy for a decade ffs. People will dish out criticism when players are shite and/or playing badly, that goes without saying.

The only exception to the rule is Steven Taylor, but he's a fucking caricature at this point and deserves the stick.

I've said this before but I really tend to root for the local lads these days; the club's identity has received so much damage in the Ashley years. It's nice to see Geordies playing well. Foreign youngsters who've come through our ranks too.

Dummett has been steady, not fantastic and not shite. Steady these days is good enough against the likes of QPR.

Steady is exactly what you want from a centre half though? If you're referring to him at left back then fair enough.

Dummett has been steady, not fantastic and not shite. Steady these days is good enough against the likes of QPR.

Steady is exactly what you want from a centre half though? If you're referring to him at left back then fair enough.

If, since Enrique left, we'd had a LB who defends consistently well, attacks the ball well from set pieces but isn't great on the ball we'd have finished higher than 5th, 16th and 10th.

QPR have been playing well recently and been unlucky with a few results, with our growing list of casualties I'm genuinely worried Pardew will bring his favourites back in to put in a defensive shift. If he tinkers again we're gonna hit another one of our hot losing streaks.