Newcastle United 3-2 Everton - 28/12/14 Post match reaction from p. 23

Mike

Relieved for the win, against what was a very poor Everton side. But it could and should have been far more comfortable than it was. At 3-1, we let them back into the game and full blown panic sets in. Williamson all over the place, Tiote doing his headless chicken routine. :( Ultimately, the cool heads of Sissoko and the excellent Perez saw us home.

Cisse deserves whatever ban he gets-  defo need a new striker in now.

When Cisse gets banned, won't we just appeal, drag it into January and then he's off to the African Nations anyway?  Have I missed something, do the games when he's away not count towards bans?

Guest neesy111

Scottwilsonecho: Alan Pardew not doing post-match press stuff here at SJP. Interesting given the strengthening rumours about the Palace job. #NUFC

When Cisse gets banned, won't we just appeal, drag it into January and then he's off to the African Nations anyway?  Have I missed something, do the games when he's away not count towards bans?

Any ban will start when he comes back from the ACON, unless the PL push for him to be barred from that instead (unlikely)

They wouldn't shut up about the elbow. swear I don't see shit from other team's players relentlessly replayed and commented on and the verdict rendered as a certainty by five different commentary teams. like nasty little horrible shit kids in school who want to get everyone else in trouble.

They wouldn't shut up about the elbow. swear I don't see shit from other team's players relentlessly replayed and commented on and the verdict rendered as a certainty by five different commentary teams. like nasty little horrible shit kids in school who want to get everyone else in trouble.

Remember when ESPN and Ray Stubbs lobbied against a tackle by Cabaye v Brighton a few years back? :thdn: If that had been a Man City/Chelsea player today doing that, it will have been skirted over.

Guest firetotheworks

How many bans has Rooney escaped ffs, knew it would get cained by the pundits

Remember Ray Stubbs and his one man crusade to get Cabaye banned?

They made out that Cisse had deliberately tried to break his jaw with the point of his elbow. Instead of just looking at the reality, which was that he aggressively threw his arm out to shrug off the hold and his elbow connected. His arm was also straightening during the action, not pointed. They won't let facts and reality get in the way of a lynching of a player from a team outside the top 4.

How many bans has Rooney escaped ffs, knew it would get cained by the pundits

Remember Ray Stubbs and his one man crusade to get Cabaye banned?

This is exactly what I was reminded of. And even I it was outright assault with a machete, since when has Graeme fucking Souness been so precious about a player 'trying to hurt' another?!? Will be replayed wall to wall on SSN all night now as well, as they love to pass their pundits' opinions/rants off as "news."

Having said that, still fucking stupid of Cisse mind.

Genuinely does anyone know where Baines played today? At various points he was left back, left wing, central midfield, defensive midfield and up front.

Still trying to figure it out.

Funny thing is, I've got no idea why Martinez would do that he's one of the best left backs in the league why fuck about with it?

Scottwilsonecho: Alan Pardew not doing post-match press stuff here at SJP. Interesting given the strengthening rumours about the Palace job. #NUFC

mother of god

IT'S HAPPENING  :frantic:

This is perfect. In his mind he can go out a hero now, a winner, the media will praise him and say what a great job he did there despite those mean, deluded Geordies who never liked him because he's not from the area.

Or not.