Newcastle United 3-2 Everton - 28/12/14 Post match reaction from p. 23

Mike

Enjoyed that, thought we played very well today.

Even Goufrann had a decent game.

We were dogshit first half.

Played okay in the second, not great but did enough.

Everton were shocking second half.

I thought we better in the first half to be honest. Poor start but then exerted a fair bit pressure on them.

We were poorer in the 2nd when we sat on the lead a bit too much.

I thought we better in the first half to be honest. Poor start but then exerted a fair bit pressure on them.

We were poorer in the 2nd when we sat on the lead a bit too much.

First half we were shocking, nothing but long balls, very little football.

Genuinely does anyone know where Baines played today? At various points he was left back, left wing, central midfield, defensive midfield and up front.

Attacking central midfield player I thought.

Many times through the game I found myself wondering if he fancies himself as the new Paul Gascoigne.

Genuinely does anyone know where Baines played today? At various points he was left back, left wing, central midfield, defensive midfield and up front.

Attacking central midfield player I thought.

This, but on the left of the midfield obviously.

Every now and then he swapped with Garbutt (or whatever their left back was called) for a bit.

Thought he was shit.

I think we've been going on and on too much about it. I think it was a football incident. Those are incidents that happen in the game. "I think we're taking things out of context here. I think the whole incident has been a bit of an argument about the refereeing in the game. It was a challenge with no real intent. It was an unfortunate incident that happens on a football pitch. "I think we've been talking too much about it and it's a bit unfair on a young man to have to suffer that.

Martinez last year on this tackle

Snip.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mcmananman+tackle+on+haidara&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=73agVNefG8OwUYOngKgL#q=mcmanaman+tackle+on+haidara&spell=1

They made out that Cisse had deliberately tried to break his jaw with the point of his elbow. Instead of just looking at the reality, which was that he aggressively threw his arm out to shrug off the hold and his elbow connected. His arm was also straightening during the action, not pointed. They won't let facts and reality get in the way of a lynching of a player from a team outside the top 4.

If it was a sending off for an elbow, it was also a penalty before that, because the ball was in play when the lad had his arms locked around Cisse and that led to the elbow which the cunt richly deserved.

They made out that Cisse had deliberately tried to break his jaw with the point of his elbow. Instead of just looking at the reality, which was that he aggressively threw his arm out to shrug off the hold and his elbow connected. His arm was also straightening during the action, not pointed. They won't let facts and reality get in the way of a lynching of a player from a team outside the top 4.

If it was a sending off for an elbow, it was also a penalty before that, because the ball was in play when the lad had his arms locked around Cisse and that led to the elbow which the c*** richly deserved.

Totally ignored that it was a penalty and Danny Murphy on Match of the Day was trying to play at it being a potential nine match ban because he swung his arm three times. The bias is absolutely ludicrous at times.

What an awful game.

Fuck knows why Everton sacked off going for it after they went 0-1, nor why they hung their young LB out to dry.

That Ayoze-Sissoko dynamic despite being mainly out of position for large swathes, it's so far ahead of the rest of the team its fucking embarrassing.

im still shocked by Evertons performance....they looked like....us?

no ban for Cisse imo...although it wasn´t pretty.

it was a red tbh though nice to see the media going completely overboard I wonder if they'll be saying the same thing when Rooney has his next temper tantrum that the ref conveniently ignores, do wonder if he'll get away with it because the ref had to have been able to see it where he was.

The first goal bothered me. Neither Williamson nor Colo had the pace to get to the near post to cut that cross off.

Dummett isn't the best all round centre back that we have, but he'd have probably got there, or at least made life awkward for Kone. Regardless of his individual flaws, we did seem a bit stronger when he was in the centre.

Guest neesy111

The first goal bothered me. Neither Williamson nor Colo had the pace to get to the near post to cut that cross off.

Dummett isn't the best all round centre back that we have, but he'd have probably got there, or at least made life awkward for Kone. Regardless of his individual flaws, we did seem a bit stronger when he was in the centre.

Agree with this.