Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

I think I'll just wait and see what happens first tbh.

For the record I think he's the right man from what I've gathered and if we've got to wait for him and his backroom staff from Lyon to join in June then I'm prepared to bite the bullet and be patient. Get this decision right and we're sorted for the next few years, if we've got to wait then so be it, I'd rather they took their time and got it right than panicked and just got someone.

There's more chance of this being our excuse for him not being interested and/or cheap enough IMO.

That's the thing, he is THE cheap option :lol: the rest would require compensation.

Sherwood wouldn't. That's who we'll end up with.

The club want someone who will accept the fact that they have no control over transfers.

That rules out Sherwood immediately.

It's possible imo. Also if he does get appointed the depression will be palpable in the stands.

If Newcastle are deadly serious about getting Garde in as manager, they could do it this week, simple as that. Convince the man to join now, make it impossible to refuse. The sceptic in me reckons this delaying and seemingly half arsed approach will see us with Carver.

Just one article. Chronicle running with that we are going to talk to Garde again soon. Wouldn't retreat to panic stations just yet.

Chronicle seem pretty clueless tbf, basically just report what other papers are saying a day or two later

They'll probably have this story up tomorrow

And it's definitely possible Carver could get us relegated. Definitely.

If Carver got the job until the end of the season and he kept us up they would probably give it to him. Ready-made cheap lackey and a Geordie to boot.

It's essentially lose/lose

It would be such a fucking letdown man. One of Pardew's illiterate cronies carrying on his work. More Gouffran, Obertan and Williamson.

If we lose against Southampton, which lets be honest, seems likely, will people then still believe Carver has 13 points in him. That'll take his record to four games played, with one draw achieved. When you think Leicester and Burnley are in that run, I can easily see him slipping below the required points tally.

Carver wouldn't take us down.

I've not seen a huge amount of football this season but I've seen enough to know that we're not going down. Every single player would have to switch off entirely for that to happen; and the majority either care enough to keep going or are playing for a summer move. It's not going to happen. There's far too much s*** in the league.

hmm, we struggled to a home draw with Burnley. I wouldn't be so sure

Same :thup:

We haven't won a game under this moron and I'd struggle to see where the points would come from.

Its easy to look at the fixture list and struggle to see where points will come from though.  But only 10-11 more would more or less guarantee we stay up (less than 10 would probably even do and often does in this league).  Which is 0.64 points per game (for 11), which is 24 points when over the course of a full season.  Not a chance does our squad even managerless fail to get those points.

There's more chance of this being our excuse for him not being interested and/or cheap enough IMO.

That's the thing, he is THE cheap option :lol: the rest would require compensation.

The club want someone who will accept the fact that they have no control over transfers.

They were the conditions at Tottenham.

Agree it will be difficult to get relegated but it will be miserable stuff. Pissed off fans every week who may decide not to renew next season and a loss of money from being down the league. If they go for Carver it will be a case of penny wise, pound foolish.

Carver wouldn't take us down.

I've not seen a huge amount of football this season but I've seen enough to know that we're not going down. Every single player would have to switch off entirely for that to happen; and the majority either care enough to keep going or are playing for a summer move. It's not going to happen. There's far too much s*** in the league.

hmm, we struggled to a home draw with Burnley. I wouldn't be so sure

Same :thup:

We haven't won a game under this moron and I'd struggle to see where the points would come from.

Its easy to look at the fixture list and struggle to see where points will come from.  But the fact is we've got 27 at the moment and need somewhere around 10-11 more to more or less guarantee we stay up (less than 10 would probably even do and often does in this league).  Which is 0.64 points per game (for 11 more), which is 24 points when over the course of a full season.  Not a chance does our squad even managerless fail to get those points.

I think it's easy to be complacent and think points are easy to come by. Pardew only got 13 points from 17 games to finish last season. Most people assume Carver to be worse. Any chance he can do three or four points worse than Pardew? I'd say there's a chance and that makes it a risk, one that we'd be daft to take. You don't even take slim risks with premier league survival. There's just too much at stake.

They were the conditions at Tottenham.

Yeah and he didn't stop bitching about it.