Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

As long as he agrees to come and its all signed and done now for the summer then ok, we won't go down now, a monkey could get 10-11 points from 17 games.  But if its a case of waiting till the summer and then sorting it out, I wouldn't be happy with that.

Would obviously much rather he arrived now but I could handle getting a new manager in the summer.

Yeah but that won't happen, if carver gets it now, he's got it for ages imo

This is my thoughts as well.

He keeps us up and keeps his mouth shut he will be seen as a very cheap obedient pair of hands who some of our mongs can get behind due to him being a geordie.

He keeps us up and keeps his mouth shut he will be seen as a very cheap obedient pair of hands who some of our mongs can get behind due to him being a geordie.

Then why try to get Garde at all?

Well I don't think as things stand we feel comfortable betting on Carver hence why we want someone in now.

If we're waiting for Garde then he'll have signed a contract to take over though. We're not just gonna take his word for it and put off our manager search just for him to turn round and say no in 6 months.

I really want Garde as manager, but not at the expense of having Carver till the end of the season. There are other good candidates we could maybe persuade if that's the case. Carver will take us down, he's worse than Pardew and Pardew only managed 13 points from the last 17 games last year.

Having said that, have the Daily Mail really spoken to anyone of note? Why is everywhere else reporting that he's desperate for the job now? Who should we believe? I think it's a bit of a nothing add on story, it creates intrigue, worry and a different take to get people reading/buying the paper.

If we're waiting for Garde then he'll have signed a contract to take over though. We're not just gonna take his word for it and put off our manager search just for him to turn round and say no in 6 months.

how long have you supported newcastle decky

Would obviously much rather he arrived now but I could handle getting a new manager in the summer.

Yeah but that won't happen, if carver gets it now, he's got it for ages imo

Nah.

You reckon? So if Carver kept us up, no discontent from the crowd,  they are gonna bin him off and get a manager? cant see it myself

My initial post there was under the proviso that Garde would be signed and sealed, but stepping in at the end of the season so he can enjoy the rest of his sabbatical. I don't think it would be a terrible situation. We won't go down and it'll allow the new boss 6 months to run the rule over the team without being inundated with day-to-day work.

Tbh, I doubt Carver will get it in any scenario now. I thought he might have been in with a shot initially, but nah. Him getting it until the end of the season has always been a fair possibility, but I'd be very surprised if he ended up with it long-term. His press handling is worlds away from what the board would like.

Well I don't think as things stand we feel comfortable betting on Carver hence why we want someone in now.

But it would take nothing more than bottom of the table form now to stay up anyway, 0.64 points per game or so (24 points over the course of a season) would keep us up.  Maybe Ashley is stupid enough to have his mind changed by something a monkey could achieve but it seems Charnley and Carr are fronting this appointment.

I know its dangerous to look at things logically with Mike Ashley's Newcastle United, but the fact that Charnley and Carr are deciding on this and going after candidates like Garde suggests this won't be swayed by nonsensical stuff like a man managing to get 10 or so points from 17 games.

I really want Garde as manager, but not at the expense of having Carver till the end of the season. There are other good candidates we could maybe persuade if that's the case. Carver will take us down, he's worse than Pardew and Pardew only managed 13 points from the last 17 games last year.

Having said that, have the Daily Mail really spoken to anyone of note? Why is everywhere else reporting that he's desperate for the job now? Who should we believe? I think it's a bit of a nothing add on story, it creates intrigue, worry and a different take to get people reading/buying the paper.

There's a similar story in the Daily Star.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/419545/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew

I don't think anyone really knows what is happening and if they are getting their information from the club, then we all know they are the experts in misinformation.

how long have you supported newcastle decky

:lol: I know. We're still looking for a manager though. We'll either appoint one now or wait for Garde this summer, if we wait then he'll have agreed to take the job now with a start date further down the line. We make loads of mistakes but I just can't see the club putting off something as huge as this because of someone's word and nothing more. It's clear they don't want to give it to Carver permanently or he'd already have it by now.

Would be a mistake for Garde to delay, you've got to think the big hitters such as de boer and tuchel come into the picture during the summer.

Unless of course Garde can get us to agree to a summer appointment and get it signed.

We all know nothing tbf, there's no point trying to second guess this lot.

They'd be bonkers to stick with Carver though. Thankfully I don't think he's a risk Ashley and Charnley would be willing to take. Far to risky to bank on he points already accrued to keep us up.

Looks like it's due to the backroom staff he wants being stuck at Lyon still.

God, we are so cursed man. Just an absolute stinker.

So we won't pay compensation for his backroom staff which wouldn't be much considering its France ffs

If that's it I'm out.  John fucking carver.  The cunt who offers fans a fight.  For fucks sake i hope its Bollocks but that's the first report we've seen about how the talks went,  and the back room staff thing makes it realistic.  Urgh.