Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

In his time playing for Arsenal he saw us finish second, play Champions League football and reach two FA Cup finals. Therefore you would expect he must know what a massive club we can/could be. Quite intrigued by this "long term project like Wenger at Arsenal" talk too.

He's also seen us try (and fail) to buy three of his star players over the last 2 years so will also know Ashley's a tight b******. :lol:

Fair point :lol:

In his time playing for Arsenal he saw us finish second, play Champions League football and reach two FA Cup finals. Therefore you would expect he must know what a massive club we can/could be. Quite intrigued by this "long term project like Wenger at Arsenal" talk too.

I liked this part as well.

I can believe Charnley is in London sounding the bloke out. I can also believe that Garde fancies the job.

What I'm struggling with is the idea that Ashley is prepared to hire someone who is a) competent, and b) not an absolute fucking gimp.

The policy of the cup competitions has more to do with the owner and his ambitions for the club rather than any managerial appointment, under any manager we could have the policy would remain the same, no interest in cups and premier league survival is paramount.

The best we can hope for is that we end up doing well in the cups under a new manager who can handle both competitions and Ashley being the mercurial man he is decides to change his stance.

But really why would he? His way guarantees in his mind that the money keeps on rolling in with minimal outlay.

I really doubt that the policy was created because of Pardew alone.

It was though. Why did Ashley splash out for Cisse full in the knowledge that it made the Europa League such a strong possibility?

IIRC right up until we lost to Man City we looked like we could sneak into the CL.

I can believe Charnley is in London sounding the bloke out. I can also believe that Garde fancies the job.

What I'm struggling with is the idea that Ashley is prepared to hire someone who is a) competent, and b) not an absolute f***ing gimp.

It's in Ashley's interest to have the club doing well,prior to selling to get Rangers

The policy of the cup competitions has more to do with the owner and his ambitions for the club rather than any managerial appointment, under any manager we could have the policy would remain the same, no interest in cups and premier league survival is paramount.

The best we can hope for is that we end up doing well in the cups under a new manager who can handle both competitions and Ashley being the mercurial man he is decides to change his stance.

But really why would he? His way guarantees in his mind that the money keeps on rolling in with minimal outlay.

It was though. Why did Ashley splash out for Cisse full in the knowledge that it made the Europa League such a strong possibility?

IIRC right up until we lost to Man City we looked like we could sneak into the CL.

By the time we had bought Cisse we looked like we had drifted away from the possibility of CL football. It was only that winning run of 7 out of 8 games in the run in, which no-one saw coming, that put us right back there.

By the time we had bought Cisse we looked like we had drifted away from the possibility of CL football. It was only that winning run of 7 out of 8 games in the run in, which no-one saw coming, that put us right back there.

Cos maybe they had planned to flog Ba and Cisse was his replacement.

Yeah, Ashley splashed out on Cisse and if it wasn't for the cock up against Wigan and the defeat to Man City it nearly got us into the CL.