Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

I love the internet. People somehow managing to turn what I wrote into some kind of anti-Garde piece when I clearly said, twice, that I'd be happy with him.

For absolute clarity: I'd be happy with him.

To further clarify what I was trying to say: I don't mind if the appointment process takes longer, provided we appoint the best candidate. If that's not Garde because we find someone better, then f***ing great.

Didn't say you were anti-Garde mate, just explaining the reasons why they have finished lower under him than prior to his appointment.

What you did though is imply they were declining under him without even mentioning what i did in my post. You missed some pretty important underlying factors as to why they "declined" in your eyes even tho he still stayed top 5, had no real investment in players, mostly big sales and had to deal with 3 major league and current football world shaping factors in the PSG mega team and investment, Lille's brilliant team and manager, and Montpellier's brilliant team and manager.

The club may find someone better, or they may find someone worse and decide he's the better choice for some crappy reason.  I'm more than happy with the prospect of Garde, I'm practically delierious at the thought of a promising young talented manager who can work closely with the one man I trust at the club (Carr).  So I'd rather just stick now than twist, just hope its done and ASAP so I can start really supporting the club again.

The club may find someone better, or they may find someone worse and decide he's the better choice for some crappy reason.  I'm more than happy with the prospect of Garde, I'm practically delierious at the thought of a promising young talented manager who can work closely with the one man I trust at the club (Carr).  So I'd rather just stick now than twist, just hope its done and ASAP so I can start really supporting the club again.

As Tim Canterbury once said, with Garde we're on a 3-4. We could roll the dice and get a 6 (De Boer) or we could also roll a 1 (Carver). Just leave the dice alone.

No good businessman leaves himself with just a single option. Even just for negotiating purposes, Ashley will want it to appear as if there are multiple candidates. If Garde is the only option, and he knows it, he can demand a big salary.

I love the internet. People somehow managing to turn what I wrote into some kind of anti-Garde piece when I clearly said, twice, that I'd be happy with him.

For absolute clarity: I'd be happy with him.

To further clarify what I was trying to say: I don't mind if the appointment process takes longer, provided we appoint the best candidate. If that's not Garde because we find someone better, then fucking great.

:thup:

Ryder knows fuck all anyway. Didn't have a scooby about this bloke until well after the French reports came out.

Same thing happens with signings these days as well, foreign press tends to be first on the case. Pretty sure he was dismissing Janmaat being done and dusted, whilst Dutch papers oretty much confirmed it was all signed.

Blokes a fucking nugget.

No problem with them having more than one option BTW.  Just hope they don't get arsey like they often seem to with transfers, and end up pissing all the best candidates off.  Basically just nervous at the idea of Newcastle United actually making a good forward thinking appointment.  Just all seems to good to be true.

As long as the other candidates are of the ilk of De Boer, Tuchel, etc. Fine by me. But get it sorted sooner than later. And in all honesty, Garde is in the same breath as those 2 I've just mentioned. I'd believe Garde could win the title in Netherlands given what he did in France.

Sounds like Charnley and Carr are putting in work, and that is just awesome.

Whoever comes in is not going to have any nasty surprises, and will have to be looking to achieve things in this setup.

Sounds good to me. Just really looking forward to this hire now. Grade sounds so right. But at this point, as long as Charnley and Carr are doing a proper search, I'll pretty much be happy either way.

The one thing I will not accept is this wait for the summer bollox. No way.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  · 1m1 minute ago 

Are #nufc still talking with Garde at this moment in time? No. The meeting is over.

Details   

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  · 1m1 minute ago 

Some people obviously can't work out the difference between two different days. Have #nufc held some talks with Garde? Yes.

:lol: