Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

The longer this drags on the more convinced I am we're either going to appoint Carver full time, or at least till the end of the season because they've failed. We won't have anyone ready to come in for the summer either.

As time drags on it just doesn't look like we've spotted someone we want and gone out to get them. There's been about five or six clubs change manager in England since Pardew left. They've gone out identified a man they want, sorted terms and got him in, recognising the importance of having a good manager at the helm. We've dragged our feet and messed around to the point of idiocy if there's candidates we actually want. West Brom were doing interviews days after they sacked Irvine. We're still not in formal talks weeks later.

The way we're run in terms of finding the right man for the most important job at the club is a joke. I'll be happy to be massively wrong if Garde comes in. It's what a desperately want, just a good coach who has an actual clue. I just doubt it'll happen more and more as time drags on. If we don't appoint someone by early next week I'd say the jig is up and the delay will mean Carver for some length of time.

Wasn't it widely reported in throughout the media last week that Carver was almost certainly in charge for Chelsea and Southampton and any likely appointment would be during two week break?

If so the lack of news is hardly surprising.

Carr's remit is to bring in players with big profit potential and knowing Ashley's way of working he will have heavy incentives to reward him for the degree to which he does this.

One of the apparent frustrations with Pardew was his reluctance to use the players given to him, which is completely understandable given our business model.

The club will want to appoint a coach who will bring the best out of and develop the players brought in by the scouting team in order to inflate their values. That man is not John Carver.

I cannot see Carr pushing for Carver in any scenario.  He will be pushing for a continental coach who suits the style of the players he brings to the club. A shit manager will only devalue the job he is doing here.

Charnley is a bit of an unknown at the moment but given his lack of experience I can see him leaning on Carr's experience and knowledge of the game.

The wait is frustrating and we may yet end up with Carver as an interim head coach but I'm still confident we'll make a decent managerial appointment this time around.

The longer this drags on the more convinced I am we're either going to appoint Carver full time, or at least till the end of the season because they've failed. We won't have anyone ready to come in for the summer either.

As time drags on it just doesn't look like we've spotted someone we want and gone out to get them. There's been about five or six clubs change manager in England since Pardew left. They've gone out identified a man they want, sorted terms and got him in, recognising the importance of having a good manager at the helm. We've dragged our feet and messed around to the point of idiocy if there's candidates we actually want. West Brom were doing interviews days after they sacked Irvine. We're still not in formal talks weeks later.

The way we're run in terms of finding the right man for the most important job at the club is a joke. I'll be happy to be massively wrong if Garde comes in. It's what a desperately want, just a good coach who has an actual clue. I just doubt it'll happen more and more as time drags on. If we don't appoint someone by early next week I'd say the jig is up and the delay will mean Carver for some length of time.

Although often when a manager leaves a club mid season, it is because they have been sacked which means the club have probably been thinking about alternatives for a while.

Very reasonable post Memphis, just can't help the fear.

After Southampton it's basically the rest of the transfer window gone before we play again. So if they're looking to avoid signing anyone, it definitely pays to delay any appointment.

I know people say the new manager won't have any say on transfers but that isn't true IMO. They'll still have some input, even if it's not the infamous final say.

Aye they'll definitely have some input, the new manager and Carr would probably discuss the positions needed to strengthen. Then Carr would probably scout a list of players.

Then the board will have a final say, it probably won't be any different to it was under Pardew except hopefully the coaching will be far better.

Didn't Pardew come in without his own team except for Woodman? And Pulis also work with existing or new team at Palace and now WBA? Not that these are the best examples ...

Pardew brought Woodman with him and then appointed Carver.  Stone was promoted from the reserves.

Although often when a manager leaves a club mid season, it is because they have been sacked which means the club have probably been thinking about alternatives for a while.

If that's the case it would say a lot about the safety of Pardew in his job. We should have identified targets when Pardew looked a game away from the sack. They literally never ever would have sacked him. Sickening really.

Ok, my theory is that Galtier is our first choice.

When he said and continues to say, I will remain at my current club until the end of the season, we sounded out Garde to take over immediately. He was willing, but unless some complications are resolved and he takes over toot sweet, we are reluctantly looking at the possibility of trying to hold out until the summer and bring in Galtier (or failing that, Dave Bassett).

Aye, that'll be it. :sadnod:

Carr's remit is to bring in players with big profit potential and knowing Ashley's way of working he will have heavy incentives to reward him for the degree to which he does this.

One of the apparent frustrations with Pardew was his reluctance to use the players given to him, which is completely understandable given our business model.

The club will want to appoint a coach who will bring the best out of and develop the players brought in by the scouting team in order to inflate their values. That man is not John Carver.

I cannot see Carr pushing for Carver in any scenario.  He will be pushing for a continental coach who suits the style of the players he brings to the club. A shit manager will only devalue the job he is doing here.

Charnley is a bit of an unknown at the moment but given his lack of experience I can see him leaning on Carr's experience and knowledge of the game.

The wait is frustrating and we may yet end up with Carver as an interim head coach but I'm still confident we'll make a decent managerial appointment this time around.

I'm more confident than I ever thought I would be TBH, for the Carr reasons you say. Just the waiting is getting annoying.

I don’t think Carver has behaved particularly well here. It’s okay to say you’d be interested in the job and leave it at that, but all this very public touting and using Jose as an applicant reference is making the situation more awkward for the club, in terms of managing the succession.

He might be thinking that it’s smart to use what power he has in this way, but I don’t think it’ll impress the people he needs to impress.

I don’t think Carver has behaved particularly well here. It’s okay to say you’d be interested in the job and leave it at that, but all this very public touting and using Jose as an applicant reference is making the situation more awkward for the club, in terms of managing the succession.

He might be thinking that it’s smart to use what power he has in this way, but I don’t think it’ll impress the people he needs to impress.

He hasn't got anything to lose to be fair to the fat cunt.

He either gets the manager job, stays on as a coach or gets paid off.

From .com:

Latest update.

Two weeks into 2015 and here's where we're at:

Head coach appointment no update

Transfers (in) no update

Transfers (out) no update

Transfer window closes Mon 02.02.2015

Season ends Sun 24.05.2015

:lol:

From .com:

Latest update.

Transfers (in) no update

they appear to have gotten the date of the season ending wrong, that was 11 days ago.

From .com:

Latest update.

Transfers (in) no update

they appear to have gotten the date of the season ending wrong, that was 11 days ago.

Meh. Every season is already over.

If Carver was getting it the rumours would be everywhere by now. ITK talk all over the place, they wouldn't be able to keep their gobs shut.

True. Carver would declare himself successor to the throne and have a huge fucking coronation at Burger King.

If Carver was getting it the rumours would be everywhere by now. ITK talk all over the place, they wouldn't be able to keep their gobs shut.

True, instead the fuckers are on Talk Sport, "I want Carver to get it, I want him to get it now", and in the Chronicle the man himself is all "I'll suck Ashley dry if he gives me the job, pweety pweeese Ashley".