Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

The longer this drags on the more convinced I am we're either going to appoint Carver full time, or at least till the end of the season because they've failed. We won't have anyone ready to come in for the summer either.

As time drags on it just doesn't look like we've spotted someone we want and gone out to get them. There's been about five or six clubs change manager in England since Pardew left. They've gone out identified a man they want, sorted terms and got him in, recognising the importance of having a good manager at the helm. We've dragged our feet and messed around to the point of idiocy if there's candidates we actually want. West Brom were doing interviews days after they sacked Irvine. We're still not in formal talks weeks later.

The way we're run in terms of finding the right man for the most important job at the club is a joke. I'll be happy to be massively wrong if Garde comes in. It's what a desperately want, just a good coach who has an actual clue. I just doubt it'll happen more and more as time drags on. If we don't appoint someone by early next week I'd say the jig is up and the delay will mean Carver for some length of time.

Although often when a manager leaves a club mid season, it is because they have been sacked which means the club have probably been thinking about alternatives for a while.

If that's the case it would say a lot about the safety of Pardew in his job. We should have identified targets when Pardew looked a game away from the sack. They literally never ever would have sacked him. Sickening really.

That was my conclusion as well.

The longer this drags on the more convinced I am we're either going to appoint Carver full time, or at least till the end of the season because they've failed. We won't have anyone ready to come in for the summer either.

As time drags on it just doesn't look like we've spotted someone we want and gone out to get them. There's been about five or six clubs change manager in England since Pardew left. They've gone out identified a man they want, sorted terms and got him in, recognising the importance of having a good manager at the helm. We've dragged our feet and messed around to the point of idiocy if there's candidates we actually want. West Brom were doing interviews days after they sacked Irvine. We're still not in formal talks weeks later.

The way we're run in terms of finding the right man for the most important job at the club is a joke. I'll be happy to be massively wrong if Garde comes in. It's what a desperately want, just a good coach who has an actual clue. I just doubt it'll happen more and more as time drags on. If we don't appoint someone by early next week I'd say the jig is up and the delay will mean Carver for some length of time.

Although often when a manager leaves a club mid season, it is because they have been sacked which means the club have probably been thinking about alternatives for a while.

If that's the case it would say a lot about the safety of Pardew in his job. We should have identified targets when Pardew looked a game away from the sack. They literally never ever would have sacked him. Sickening really.

:sadnod:

Well the closest to factual information we know is..

- we want a head coach with experience working in his type of set up.

- Carver knows and has been quoted saying he is in charge until after the southampton game.

- We have denied speaking to s couple of coaches but havent denied the widely reported garde meetings.

What's open to conjecture dependent on what side of optimism/pessimism/scepticism you are on is whether we are looking or carver is the choice all along and this is all shenanigans to make it look like we tried.

On the optimistic side; We reportedly wanted to wait until then because of the break and let's be honest if true they wouldn't want the new guy to start with two probably losses.

With Carver; While there is no certainty the people we want or have spoken to will accept the position on our terms they need carver kept sweet in case talks fall through.

I would certainly enjoy this whole media blackout if there wasn't a large part of myself doubting the above and that we are looking for a decent hire. When it came out that carver would be in charge against Chelsea and southampton we had a two week wait.. it continues to be agony and I don't think we will hear anything until early next week which already still seems like two weeks away in terms of Paranoia and worry.

The fact Carver keeps grovelling for the job, gives me hope that it is because he has been given short shrift so far, and pretty much is being kept completely out of the loop, because they despise him as much as we do.

Carver is spouting off and not being told to shut the fuck up, b/c in my honest opinion, they don't  see him as any bit of an option. I'm sure old Bishop probably even told Ashley & Charnley that it will only add fuel to the bargaining of a new head coach, while also it gives Carver the stage/megaphone to say he's ready for management b/c he's worked with Keegan, SBR, Pardew, and look even Mourinho says he is ready. It'll possibly turn the head of a Championship or League 1/2 chairman, or in best case a just relegated PL team for next season.

Just my feeling on it.

I think the Garde thing is quiet b/c it's very complicated and we're either still talking to the likes of hopefully Galtier/Tuchel as well or trying to sort out when / if Garde's backroom will join him in the summer or if he's working on finding new backroom support.

Not necessarily suggesting he is the right man for the job (although he is my preference), I find it genuinely annoying that having received £3.5 million for Pardew, we are reluctant to pay whatever paltry sum it would take to allow Tuchel to take over.  I think he was on EUR 1 million at Mainz and half the season has gone.

Tbf he is the club captain and one of the longest serving members at the club. Don't see the issue there.

It wouldn't be if you have not followed a shred of Colo's behaviour at our club. Or witnessed any of his awesome on-field captainship.

I actually like Colo, contrary to the opinion on here, but he should not be consulted in this situation. He's not a Shearer or Tony fucking Adams, someone who commands the club's respect and leads by example. One wink from San Lorenzo and he'd be out.