NUFC finances

Paully

How did staff costs got up by that much? That's over a 20% increase year on year.

I don't get that - we didn't buy anyone?  If anything, our costs should have gone down?

It includes a years worth of wages for Debuchy, MYM, Gouffran, Haidara & Sissoko rather than 5-6 months in the previous accounts, along with Remy for a year & Luuk de Jong for 5 months. However, considering the wages went DOWN in the previous year even with the 5-6 months of wages from the Jan 13 panic signings, it doesn't seem to add up at all just from the player wages - nearly a £300k per week increase.

Ashley is now staff.

He's a director, and director pay went down

fair enough.

So looking at what we have to spend in the summer.

£38m in the bank at the end of June2014.

£30m spent on players since

£12m recouped on players since

£5m to add to that from Mbiwa

Total of £25m

Operating profit for 14/15 will be about the same as 13/14 - £5m

Leaves a £30m kitty in place.  Ashley likes to have some in reserve in case of the threat of relegation like.

Think £20m net spend tops in the summer.

So looking at what we have to spend in the summer.

£38m in the bank at the end of June2014.

£30m spent on players since

£12m recouped on players since

£5m to add to that from Mbiwa

Total of £25m

Operating profit for 14/15 will be about the same as 13/14 - £5m

Leaves a £30m kitty in place.  Ashley likes to have some in reserve in case of the threat of relegation like.

Think £20m net spend tops in the summer.

Don't we include 12 months wages of new signings into our budgets? That's a couple £7m transfers. At worst we need a CB & a striker in addition to what we have.

20m? lol That isn't even remotely enough to salvage this squad. You're looking at around 50m imo to make this squad decent. That's mostly down to the fact its been neglected for so long but essentially we need:

ST x2

CB x 2

RB  (back up)

AM

2x Winger

Not that it's really a priority now, but I would look to upgrade on Haidara as well. He's not terribad like Williamson, Obertan or Riviere, but he's not as good as Santon or anywhere near Janmaat.

Guest Roger Kint

Wouldnt worry about it, HF will invent a new figure(another 20 times) between now and then depending on his mood. Would be easier just posting the fact he doesnt know a thing rather than trying to 2nd(up to 32nd atm) guess Ashley

How did staff costs got up by that much? That's over a 20% increase year on year.

I don't get that - we didn't buy anyone?  If anything, our costs should have gone down?

It includes a years worth of wages for Debuchy, MYM, Gouffran, Haidara & Sissoko rather than 5-6 months in the previous accounts, along with Remy for a year & Luuk de Jong for 5 months. However, considering the wages went DOWN in the previous year even with the 5-6 months of wages from the Jan 13 panic signings, it doesn't seem to add up at all just from the player wages - nearly a £300k per week increase.

Ashley is now staff.

He's a director, and director pay went down

According to the accounts there were only 2 directors during the year- Charnley & Irving.

Back-up? LOL.

We are at crisis point at CB and up front and that's all we'll try to bring in from the profits. Everything else will be usual bargain stuff.

We'll nee bother with midfielders or fullbacks unless there's a great deal to be had. Or we sell Sissoko. I suspect we'll sell Tiote and/or Anita and replace them with Abeid.

17th would do nicely

Was just thinking, that to account for the increase, the wage bill must be significantly affected by performance related bonuses

10-11 - 12th - 53.6

11-12 - 5th -  64.1

12-13 - 16th - 61.7

13-14 - 10th - 78.3

So, even though we get less TV money for finishing lower in the table, we probably don't have to pay out as much either. So it really is no skin off Ashley's nose where we finish other than making him sweat a bit if we're near the relegation places.

Wouldnt worry about it, HF will invent a new figure(another 20 times) between now and then depending on his mood. Would be easier just posting the fact he doesnt know a thing rather than trying to 2nd(up to 32nd atm) guess Ashley

:lol:

Aye, probably.  Best just close the forum down completely given we're all just offering an opinion.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye, probably.  Best just close the forum down completely given we're all just offering an opinion.

Yeah thats the same as you claiming to know whats going to happen. Such a shit strawman :thup:

Yeah thats the same as you claiming to know whats going to happen. Such a shit strawman :thup:

I don't claim to know anything.  I've given my opinion, not aware that it has changed too much either?

The club cautiously spending only what it earns, without Ashley skimming any profits, has always been my view.  Not based on special knowledge, but based on the club saying that is what they will do and then doing it.

What the club earns is always guesswork until the accounts come out.  Now we have them in full and can see the cash in the bank, I'm not sure it's that much different from what ANYONE predicted before the club muddied the waters.

I don't claim to know anything.  I've given my opinion, not aware that it has changed too much either?

The club cautiously spending only what it earns, without Ashley skimming any profits, has always been my view.  Not based on special knowledge, but based on the club saying that is what they will do and then doing it.

What the club earns is always guesswork until the accounts come out.  Now we have them in full and can see the cash in the bank, I'm not sure it's that much different from what ANYONE predicted before the club muddied the waters.

In real terms, bypassing all the accounting tricks procedures, "what the club earned" is the bottom line of the cash flow statement: Increase/(decrease) in cash = £38.6m. That's less than most of us thought it would be due to the unexpectedly high wage bill, but it still means we had £34.1m in cash sat in the bank on the 30/6/14.

This season we spent around £15m net (£29.8m spent detailed in the accounts, £15m estimated received for Debuchy & MYM)

In real terms, bypassing all the accounting tricks procedures, "what the club earned" is the bottom line of the cash flow statement: Increase/(decrease) in cash = £38.6m. That's less than most of us thought it would be due to the unexpectedly high wage bill, but it still means we had £34.1m in cash sat in the bank on the 30/6/14.

This season we spent around £15m net (£29.8m spent detailed in the accounts, £15m estimated received for Debuchy & MYM)

Cool. Much rather have the money in the bank than a capable manager and playing staff.

What a time to be alive.

20% bonus seems pretty high just for finishing in the top 10.

We've only done it twice under Ashley. Taking a leap of non-faith and assuming we wont this year either, that's only a payout every 4th year, so only 5% in the long run. Also helps that he can rig the deck by selling important players in January if we're looking in with a shout of a top half finish. #wait