NUFC finances

Paully

Guest YonderStar

"Various fans’ groups met this week’s profit announcement with cynicism and a sour belief that making money, not achieving football glory, represents the measure of success for Ashley."

Good article but basically what a lot of us have known for a while now

Today's Guardian

Newcastle United under Mike Ashley: billboard for cheapness or empire of hopes and dreams?

Newcastle’s balance sheet is healthy but as the club heads into Sunday’s derby at Sunderland there is widespread disillusionment among fans amid a feeling that the pursuit of glory has been sacrificed for the pursuit of profit

Read here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/apr/03/newcastle-united-mike-ashley-david-conn

Typically of Ashley’s regime, the renaming was done with no frills: the old St James’ Park sign was simply crowbarred off. The council’s vote to oppose the renaming brought Llambias storming down to the civic centre offices. “Before I had even got out of my chair his finger was jabbing in my face,” Forbes recalls. “He said: ‘Who the fucking hell do you think you are?’ I have to say I was taken aback.”

:anguish:

Typically of Ashley’s regime, the renaming was done with no frills: the old St James’ Park sign was simply crowbarred off. The council’s vote to oppose the renaming brought Llambias storming down to the civic centre offices. “Before I had even got out of my chair his finger was jabbing in my face,” Forbes recalls. “He said: ‘Who the f***ing hell do you think you are?’ I have to say I was taken aback.”

How grim.

Typically of Ashley’s regime, the renaming was done with no frills: the old St James’ Park sign was simply crowbarred off. The council’s vote to oppose the renaming brought Llambias storming down to the civic centre offices. “Before I had even got out of my chair his finger was jabbing in my face,” Forbes recalls. “He said: ‘Who the f***ing hell do you think you are?’ I have to say I was taken aback.”

How grim.

What a fucking arsehole.

The video is a good watch too.  Freddy Shepherd talking shit and 3 kids eating shit.  The fattest one on the right thinking he's fucking nails.

There's a longer one further down too.

The video is a good watch too.  Freddy Shepherd talking shit and 3 kids eating shit.  The fattest one on the right thinking he's fucking nails.

There's a longer one further down too.

They loved the fat bairns so much they put them in that one too :D

"Various fans’ groups met this week’s profit announcement with cynicism and a sour belief that making money, not achieving football glory, represents the measure of success for Ashley."

Yeah but the national hacks have ignored stating we're never happy so this makes a nice change.

Guest KingShearer

The comments are depressing

Ashley saved the club, and you should be happy with midtable, and you're just another Leeds....

One of them is defo a Mackem, going on about how you keep your trophies with your soulless club, just missing 9-1 FTM  :frantic:

Guest YonderStar

Yeah but the national hacks have ignored stating we're never happy so this makes a nice change.

A lot of them have ignored simply because 50,000 sheep turning up for every home game makes them think that things can't be that bad, I chucked my ST straight after KK was fucked over by Ashley and Co. I suppose I could see that the future was not quite as bright under Mike as Beardsley tried to make us believe at that time.

Of all the comments anyone could possibly make in response to what was, presumably, a fairly open-ended question - Shepherd chooses to have a pop at the fans, as well as making misguided comments about the financial structure the club sits in under Ashley. Additionally, he can fuck off citing some supposedly achievable dream that could have saved us from Ashley's wrath. We're in the fire now but the time under that idiot had become the frying pan.

Anyway, back to the really important stuff. Great news guys:

19 of our 38 Premier League fixtures this season will have been shown live (12 on Sky, 7 on BT).

That compares to 14 in 2013/14, 16 in 2012/13, 18 in 2011/12 and 16 in 2010/11.

Think of the facility fees! :indi: