NUFC finances

Paully

Are the full accounts on companies house yet? Imagine it will be a couple of weeks before they are.

Not yet, were filed on the 13th last year though so shouldn't be long.

The accounts were always going to take a huge hit, nothing too much of a surprise at all. Had we been languishing in mid table at this moment in time then it would be a different story. I'll wait for someone to put them into terms I can understand though.

Does give thought for those who thought because we had a profit from transfers last summer that we still have that as cash sitting in a few tesco bags for life ready to splurge this summer.

These only go up the 30th June last year, so most of last summers incoming business won't be included.

We are also buggered if Spurs sell Sissoko....

Spurs selling Sissoko would in no way affect how much money we receive for him. The agreement is to receive the full amount of money over a given period. If they sell him, they would still have to pay us the rest of the money.

It's a sad day when you're trolled by neesy.

Spurs selling Sissoko would in no way affect how much money we receive for him. The agreement is to receive the full amount of money over a given period. If they sell him, they would still have to pay us the rest of the money.

:lol: :ructions:

The accounts were always going to take a huge hit, nothing too much of a surprise at all. Had we been languishing in mid table at this moment in time then it would be a different story. I'll wait for someone to put them into terms I can understand though.

Does give thought for those who thought because we had a profit from transfers last summer that we still have that as cash sitting in a few tesco bags for life ready to splurge this summer.

Exactly, these accounts give a picture of how things looked in pre-season before we even kicked a ball in the championship this season. They'll probably not be too rosey this time next year either.

Pretty sure clubs have to pay half of the transfer fee as a minimum even if structured payments so still get a decent wedge.

Where have u heard this?

Yeah according to financial fair play rules for championship clubs, i totally made that up hahaha

I won't be too concerned about this until the evidence of spend in the summer becomes apparent. If Rafa leaves that'll be a major sign that there is real reason to worry. Right now it's just accountants massaging numbers for tax purposes.

[emoji38]

So Ashley has lent us a net £15m to cover our relegation, but our debt to him hasn't increased.

Also Sports Direct to start to pay for sponsorship.

Conclusion: Sports Direct on shirt in lieu of debt

So Ashley has lent us a net £15m to cover our relegation, but our debt to him hasn't increased.

No chance.

He loaned the money after the period these accounts cover so it will not appear, I'd have thought.

I won't be too concerned about this until the evidence of spend in the summer becomes apparent. If Rafa leaves that'll be a major sign that there is real reason to worry. Right now it's just accountants massaging numbers for tax purposes.

Is the correct answer.

The way Ashley runs our club, the numbers are essentially meaningless.

Guest neesy111

So, Mike Ashley loaned 33m to the club, and used 18m of that to repay himself?

See previous comment about the meaningless nature of our accounts :rolleyes:

Got a feeling this has to do with Tax.

Can someone in the know on these things explain why these accounts are presented under Newcastle United Limited (02529667) of which the only appointed director is Lee Charnley whereas previously they have been presented under Newcastle United Football Company Limited (00031014) of which Charnley, Carr and Moncur are directors?

Guest neesy111

Can someone in the know on these things explain why these accounts are presented under Newcastle United Limited (02529667) of which the only appointed director is Lee Charnley whereas previously they have been presented under Newcastle United Football Company Limited (00031014) of which Charnley, Carr and Moncur are directors?

I've just checked Companies House and it seems their's only 1 official person with the club now.  Everyone else has resigned.  This doesn't include directors though.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02529667/officers

I've just checked Companies House and it seems their's only 1 official person with the club now.  Everyone else has resigned.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02529667/officers

Different companies, hence my question. Charnley, Carr and Moncur are still directors of Newcastle United Football Company Limited.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00031014/officers

No. They are different companies, with different registration numbers. The history is not the same, one incorporated in 1990 the other in 1890.

Any accountants around?