NUFC finances

Paully

The lack of cash in the bank is a bad sign, would had meant we had a cashflow crisis this season and Ashley had to loan that club that £30m.

Maybe it's time for the club to re-evaluate the pay up front model we've got? It puts us in a serious disadvantage in terms of pure cash. By all accounts, the Sissoko money will be trickling in the next several years, probably the same with Wijnaldum as well, while we will have paid for all our players up front. No wonder our cash reserves are thin like.

Yeap, i wonder if any other team does it?

I highly doubt it. Another case of the idiots thinking they know best.

Fairly sure this is the standard model of transfers all over Europe, just not so much here.

We are also buggered if Spurs sell Sissoko....

Spurs selling Sissoko would in no way affect how much money we receive for him. The agreement is to receive the full amount of money over a given period. If they sell him, they would still have to pay us the rest of the money.

Damn right, you tell him...

Has anybody ever estimated how much potential revenue we're losing out on due to all of the Sports Direct advertising?

I don't think it's be far off having paid off most of the £129m loan if we had stadium advertising and naming rights at proper market rate, sure I read that somewhere.

Has anybody ever estimated how much potential revenue we're losing out on due to all of the Sports Direct advertising?

I don't think it's be far off having paid off most of the £129m loan if we had stadium advertising and naming rights at proper market rate, sure I read that somewhere.

Does he want that money paid off tho? 

Does he want that money paid off tho? 

If think if we're debt free it takes away a hurdle of a potential buyer, acts as a shield for Ashley to hang on to the club.

He's blatantly not gonna sell unless someone pays that debt to him at the same time which means we won't sell at all unless we're a Premier League team with plenty in place (keep and back Rafa) so that a little tweaking will see us return to the dizzy heights of the Premier League.

Only other option is us being sold and still owe the debt to Ashley.

He'll take us for a ride on anything he can to promote SD though. No doubt about it.

I'm looking forward to the usual analysis from a non-club source like. I bet they tell us something slightly different.

Swiss Ramble. :thup:

Do they usually take long to do a report?

'Significant sums of money were spent to strengthen the playing squad in the summer 2015 and January 2016 windows, which also resulted in an increase in our annual wage bill. In the context of this spend, relegation was both unacceptable and totally unexpected.'

And yet they seemed to place no importance on the ability and influence of the person in charge of managing them.

I'm looking forward to the usual analysis from a non-club source like. I bet they tell us something slightly different.

Swiss Ramble. :thup:

Do they usually take long to do a report?

Bloke just does them periodically I think. Might be worth asking him on Twitter

The accounts were always going to take a huge hit, nothing too much of a surprise at all. Had we been languishing in mid table at this moment in time then it would be a different story. I'll wait for someone to put them into terms I can understand though.

Not booking the full transfer fees this season does allow us to make a loss which we can carry over to decrease our tax bill for the next few years iirc.

Wouldn't that happen either way for accounting purposes (amortization) ?

Probably wrong, I'm not in the finance business and just trying to remember back when the finances of the club were a major talking point.

The accounts were always going to take a huge hit, nothing too much of a surprise at all. Had we been languishing in mid table at this moment in time then it would be a different story. I'll wait for someone to put them into terms I can understand though.

Does give thought for those who thought because we had a profit from transfers last summer that we still have that as cash sitting in a few tesco bags for life ready to splurge this summer.

Does give thought for those who thought because we had a profit from transfers last summer that we still have that as cash sitting in a few tesco bags for life ready to splurge this summer.

As Benitez was reportedly told he could use the money generated from sales as he saw fit, that viewpoint is as valid now as it was then to be honest.

As Benitez was reportedly told he could use the money generated from sales as he saw fit, that viewpoint is as valid now as it was then to be honest.

A. If true

and

B. what if he was told he could spend any surplus's the club generated, sounds similar but the devil is in the detail.