NUFC finances

Paully

Guest chopey

We are still waiting for £60 million to come in from past transfers as well Ashley has been putting his fingers in the till again and then telling sky we are skint

On the one hand I'd rather other clubs not have a detailed knowledge of our current cash flow so they can't use it as a reason to ramp up asking prices when we make an approach.

On the other, considering our transfer fees generally involve minimum fee release clauses or no cash actually paid, I doubt it makes much difference.

On the one hand I'd rather other clubs not have a detailed knowledge of our current cash flow so they can't use it as a reason to ramp up asking prices when we make an approach.

On the other, considering our transfer fees generally involve minimum fee release clauses or no cash actually paid, I doubt it makes much difference.

You do realise we’re not the only club who produces annual accounts, right? :lol:

We are still waiting for £60 million to come in from past transfers as well Ashley has been putting his fingers in the till again and then telling sky we are skint

£61m still to come in and £24.5m to go out. Not sure how you draw any conclusion that Ashley is stealing from the business.

It seems as thought the provision for onerous contracts and the HMRC investigation provision are given as one item- note 22. Perhaps we were keen to write a few players off to mask the amount we thought could be due and thereby show our hand before the case goes to court or is settled?

Guest reefatoon

You do realise we’re not the only club who produces annual accounts, right? :lol:

:lol:

I thought we always paid up front for our incomings, must have been a change in policy if we owe other clubs 22 million.

I thought that then wondered if it was some of the 12 month loan deals which we had agreed to pay at the end of the season ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44223584

Two lorry loads of oversized mugs? Four crates of tracksuit bottoms? Or an entire store?

A closer inspection of Newcastle United's 2016-17 financial accounts has revealed the club spent nearly £1.3m at sportswear and equipment store Sports Direct, and at owner Mike Ashley's other companies.

The retail store is already a heavy presence at St James' Park - the stadium is emblazoned with its name and was even rebranded, albeit for a brief period, the Sports Direct Arena.

So, perhaps it comes as no surprise that Ashley continues to strengthen the bond between his club and his retail empire.

But what could £1.3m buy you at Sports Direct?

1.3m branded giant mugs, or

372,492 Dunlop Union Jack umbrellas, or

520,000 Sports Direct plastic water bottles, or

866,666 Sports Direct bags for life

Ashley also kept it in the family when it came to matchday hospitality with £77,951 spent on his nearest and dearest. The latest figures also show that the club owner injected a further £15m into the club - which means he has now provided £144m in interest-free loans to the club.

Last week, Newcastle revealed they had taken a "financial gamble" in trying to return to the Premier League. The 2016-17 accounts - which covers the period the club were in the Championship - state they paid wages of £112.2m, almost double the Championship's other promoted clubs, Brighton and Huddersfield, combined.

The club made a £90.9m operating loss that year.