NUFC finances

Paully

Full accounts up to 30th June 2017 released, you can view them here.

That's last year. Ones announced today not yet up.

Ah, my mistake. Cheers for sorting! Here's me thinking it's 2018. RIP.

Guest neesy111

Layman accountancy question; why do they only post accounts so long after the actual event (without even factoring the typical NUFC delay) and can we even learn anything about our present situation given the gap in time?

Edit

Full accounts up to 30th June 2017 released, you can view them here.

That's last year. Ones announced today not yet up.

Ah. :lol:

Because the accountants need to sort everything out with what tax needs paying etc.  Although it shouldn't take as long as it does, Ashley is famous for not filing accounts on time.

Lee Charnley "“In my experience, has a player turned round and said I’m not signing for Newcastle United because of your training facilities? No. Did it stop us getting promoted out of the Championship, did it stop us finishing tenth, did it stop us having a good season this season? No.”

Lee Charnley "“In my experience, has a player turned round and said I’m not signing for Newcastle United because of your training facilities? No. Did it stop us getting promoted out of the Championship, did it stop us finishing tenth, did it stop us having a good season this season? No.”

:lol:

Whatever. I'll look forward to the trusted opinions of slightly more neutral individuals who aren't driven by regime bias. All we're going to get out of Charners is waffle, spin and attempts at justifying the frugality to come.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shit players are easier to attract, the likes of Elliott would sign just for the canteen facilities FFS. What a joke of a club man, no pride, no desire to better themselves, no shame, no nothing.

Mind, to be fair, we had no problem attracting Charnley to run the club...

Did he actually say this? :lol:

The Chronicle's account of the situation suggests that we've got a summer budget of £55m. £7m less than the £62m (:lol:) we allegedly spent on a bunch of freebies and loans this summer just passed.

Every time I read someone from the club saying we have this budget or that budget I assume that means to cover the wages too, not solely to buy new players.

Every time I read someone from the club saying we have this budget or that budget I assume that means to cover the wages too, not solely to buy new players.

Don't forget the Premier League levy which everyone knows and cares about!!!

This is it they take into account the entire wage for the duration of said players contract when working out the fee for a player. What they don't mention is the previously claimed wages for players that are sold before their contracts are up. Just the same as saying we haven't got x amount for x player because it'll be paid in instalments but those further instalments are forgotten the next season. Black hole of cash.

Not forgetting taxi fares from the airport, a career's supply of boots and laces as well as flea cream for Joselu's cat and there's no wonder it all adds up. It's a financial marvel that we're even still operating. Skint.

Do the transfer budget for two seasons was far less than Fulham spent just this summer alone. Cool.

And Christ knows what Fulham's final spend was when you calculate it in Charnley terms. They probably spent more money than actually exists in the global economy.

Guest chopey

Well if this is considered a good season by those in charge I'm glad I gave up my season ticket and have no urge to return.

Same here had mine for years but Liverpool at home is the last time I will attend until the fat stink is long gone

This season has not been a good season. 

That’s pissed me of no end. A good season? A fucking good season!? You’re having a laugh.

So confirmation that fatty has indeed taken a massive 33m out of the club, we have no ambition and class just above the drop zone as “good” and have no interest whatsoever in upgrading the training facilities. Rafa would be mad to extend on those conditions. If it wasn’t for tv money having gone berserk since Ashley took over he would have seen us in administration a long time ago now. Utter shambles.

Our commercial income is fucking atrocious man. These clowns love to sign long term deals for pennies or no deals at all. Absolutely ridiculous levels of management of one of the simplest things to get right if you had the right people in charge.