Dele Alli joins Spurs on 5.5 year deal

Guest ManDoon

Guest ManDoon

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO  3m3 minutes ago

Dele Alli undergoing a medical at Spurs ahead of his move . Alli will be loaned back to MK Dons as part of the deal. #THFC #NUFC #mkdons

I think you're all forgetting January is a difficult market to operate in. Far best wait for summer when everyone knows how much profit we have made and use high prices as an excuse.

I think the model has shifted disco, it's just about survival with the bare minimum.

The concept of buying players to sell at a profit seems to have been ditched due to the risks involved.

We now sell to the first bidder for whatever we can get our grubby hands on.

@GraemeBailey: Newcastle will be hugely disappointed to lose out on Dele Alli. Graham Carr has been on his trail for more than two years.

Lul

My goodness. Not enough tears for how pathetic this is  :lol:

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO  3m3 minutes ago

Dele Alli undergoing a medical at Spurs ahead of his move . Alli will be loaned back to MK Dons as part of the deal. #THFC #NUFC #mkdons

Glad we warmed up the market for Dons. Probably raised his price tag a few million quid with our "interest".

Massimo Luongo is the better youngster from League One anyway. :p

Still don't know why we sold him. I believe we have the usual big sell-on clause, but still.

He was class in the Asian Cup. Maybe he wouldn't be as good if he wasn't playing regular football. A big transfer is ahead of him anyway. 

Massimo Luongo is the better youngster from League One anyway. :p

Still don't know why we sold him. I believe we have the usual big sell-on clause, but still.

He was class in the Asian Cup. Maybe he wouldn't be as good if he wasn't playing regular football. A big transfer is ahead of him anyway. 

He was always going to be good though - he was impressive all through his time with us. It didn't make any sense at the time, and it doesn't make any sense now.