Hull City Tigers vs Newcastle United - Sat 31st Jan @ 12.45pm (live on BT Sport)

Magpie

This is shaping up to be a season-defining game. Win it, and you're almost certainly safe, with De Jong, Aarons and others to come back. Ashley won't need to spend, and so almost certainly won't, and Carver will have you limping on to the end of the season. Get humped by a shitty Hull side, and Ashley might just be panicked into a couple of buys - not least at CB, which is looking ominous. Same if you get a couple of injuries.

I feel like the most dangerous result will be a draw. It could just convince Ashley that he can get away without new blood - then there's a very Newcastle script waiting to be written. Home to Stoke who are in pretty good form, with very restless natives (particularly if you get nobody in), potential embarrassment against Palace, then a very scary-looking Feb/Mar/Apr.

I think you'll win though. Hull are a mess.

This is shaping up to be a season-defining game. Win it, and you're almost certainly safe, with De Jong, Aarons and others to come back. Ashley won't need to spend, and so almost certainly won't, and Carver will have you limping on to the end of the season. Get humped by a shitty Hull side, and Ashley might just be panicked into a couple of buys - not least at CB, which is looking ominous. Same if you get a couple of injuries.

I feel like the most dangerous result will be a draw. It could just convince Ashley that he can get away without new blood - then there's a very Newcastle script waiting to be written. Home to Stoke who are in pretty good form, with very restless natives (particularly if you get nobody in), potential embarrassment against Palace, then a very scary-looking Feb/Mar/Apr.

Good summary. I doubt Ashley would buy even if we get hammered. He is rather careful with his cash as you know.

That's very well summed up. I agree, I think the implications for this game are massive. We lose and we'll really be starting to look over our shoulders.

I would go with:

-----------------------Krul-----------------------

Janmaat -- Dummet------Colo------Haidara

----------abeid------------colback------------

Obermong-------Sissoko------------Cabella

-------------------SUPA AYOZE------------

Bench: Fatty, Ameobi, Willo, Riviere, Cisse, Anita

I thought obermong was quite good those couple of games he played earlier in the season. 50/50 whether he resumes his battle with Gouffran for our biggest sycophant waste of space

I'm not sure if he was good, or if we all have such low expectations of the lad, even the slightest signs of competence look amazing from him.

Loads of people think he was amazing this season and there are a few who've always thought he was good since 2011  :yikes:

I thought obermong was quite good those couple of games he played earlier in the season. 50/50 whether he resumes his battle with Gouffran for our biggest sycophant waste of space

I'm not sure if he was good, or if we all have such low expectations of the lad, even the slightest signs of competence look amazing from him.

Loads of people think he was amazing this season and there are a few who've always thought he was good since 2011  :yikes:

He was good because he was an attacking player

have people actually any interest in todays game , cause I certainly don't, can't see any progression for the remainder of the season.

I'm quite looking forward to it for some reason. Might be the fact a few are coming back from injury. Hopefully we can get the win.