Rangers - Lambeezy kicked off board

Guest Recoba

"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s about attempting to build a sustainable slow growth model that would see us as competitive over a long period of time.."

I wonder when we will be allowed to challenge for the cups in the 'model'.

Guest Rustin Cohle

"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s about attempting to build a sustainable slow growth model that would see us as competitive over a long period of time.."

No idea. We made two Quarter finals two years running though.

When?

Guest Rustin Cohle

When?

2013 - Quarter final v Benfica

2014 - Quarter final v Spurs

:rolleyes:

As soon as someone wins one and doesn't automatically get relegated.

When?

Two seasons apart.

Guest Rustin Cohle

When?

Two seasons apart.

Hence why I said two years running.

When?

Two seasons apart.

Fair enough (let's discount the fact that we didn't really want to be in either as well). Could you hazard a guess as to when we will be safe enough from the prospect of relegation not to relegate the cups to an afterthought?

Guest Rustin Cohle

When?

Two seasons apart.

Fair enough (let's discount the fact that we didn't really want to be in either as well). Could you hazard a guess as to when we will be safe enough from the prospect of relegation to the relegate the cups to an afterthought?

Don't know. Just thought I'd hoy that fact in there for the sake of debate.

When?

Two seasons apart.

Fair enough (let's discount the fact that we didn't really want to be in either as well). Could you hazard a guess as to when we will be safe enough from the prospect of relegation to the relegate the cups to an afterthought?

Do you agree with the 'model' we are using now?

Guest Rustin Cohle

When?

Two seasons apart.

Nobody really knows what model we're using now - if there is a model at all. We all interpret what the club says in our own way. We all read between the lines differently.

Clubs says winning a cup isn't a priority. You might think that means we don't want to win a cup at all. I might think it means we'd rather concentrate on a decent (whatever decent means for us) league position, and then see what comes our way cups wise. Like, I'd like to buy as an Aston Martin - but it's not a priority.

Truth is I have no idea what "model" the club is using. I don't think anyone does really bar Ashley.

Can't deny that the excitement and enthusiasm has been sucked out of the fans, though.

Players, managers and chairmen come and go. We'll have our time to shine again.

Guest antz1uk

When?

Pardew tried his very best to throw the latter at Man City

When?

Two seasons apart.

Nobody really knows what model we're using now - if there is a model at all. We all interpret what the club says in our own way. We all read between the lines differently.

Clubs says winning a cup isn't a priority. You might think that means we don't want to win a cup at all. I might think it means we'd rather concentrate on a decent (whatever decent means for us) league position, and then see what comes our way cups wise. Like, I'd like to buy as an Aston Martin - but it's not a priority.

Truth is I have no idea what "model" the club is using. I don't think anyone does really bar Ashley.

Can't deny that the excitement and enthusiasm has been sucked out of the fans, though.

Players, managers and chairmen come and go. We'll have our time to shine again.

:thup:

Guest Rustin Cohle
I do. It's to gain maximum exposure for Sports Direct at the direct expense of the football club.

Yet someone else might - and probably will - think different. This is my point. Until Ashley comes out and categorically states what his intentions are with NUFC, everything we accuse him of is guesswork.

I'm not defending him here, I'm not slagging him off either. I'm simply saying.

Guest strongbow69

I do. It's to gain maximum exposure for Sports Direct at the direct expense of the football club.

Yet someone else might - and probably will - think different. This is my point. [b]Until Ashley comes out and categorically states what his intentions are with NUFC[/b], everything we accuse him of is guesswork.

I'm not defending him here, I'm not slagging him off either. I'm simply saying.

That is one categorically stated intention in that NUFC dont recieve money from sports direct for advertising and as was said at SD  agm is very beneficial for SD.

See what comes our way in the cups...... :lol: Are you a goldfish?

Jesus christ. I never said it's what I believe.

Then why would you even say it? You would have to terminally thick or just in fool's denial to believe that.

Guest Rustin Cohle

Then why would you even say it? You would have to terminally thick or just in fool's denial to believe that.

I was providing an example of what other people might believe, and in that scenario I used myself. It wasn't really hard to grasp.

I was providing an example of what other people might believe, and in that scenario I used myself. It wasn't really hard to grasp.

I find make believe situations of things nobody in their right mind would believe a bit hard to grasp, I must admit.

Guest Rustin Cohle

I find make believe situations of things nobody in their right mind would believe a bit hard to grasp, I must admit.

What the club says is open to interpretation, thus meaning fans read between the lines differently. The club rarely speaks, but when it does it picks it's words carefully.

The majority thinks Ashley has absolutely zero interest in the footballing aspect of the club, using NUFC simply as a tool to expose Sports Direct. That's fine, that's their opinion.

There's fans who think Ashley has done well for us, stabilised the club financially etc. Again, that's their opinion.

And then, somewhere, there'll be fans who think Ashley has been harshly treated. Again, that's their opinion.

Guest Rustin Cohle

And your opinion...?

Nee idea, just plodding along. But you won't find me protesting on internet forums about the club.