The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

Why the f*** did MOTD just link Klopp to West Ham

New (free) stadium could be the making of them, worryingly. Hopefully it will be a soulless, barren waste, but it might just work.

How will it help do you think? All I can see is a worse atmosphere and maybe stealing a few young fans from Leyton Orient.

It's a free stadium with big capacity, excellent infrastructure and transport links. West Ham's supporter base has, over the years, moved out into darkest Essex, and this suits them perfectly. A couple of strong seasons - funded in part by the sale of Upton Park, which (again) is essentially free money - could really solidify them as the "Essex" team over other competitors. It's a pretty big catchment area, and if nothing else, the stadium will be perfect for kids/families and should allow West Ham to offer cheap family packages to fill the place.

Of course, I'm hoping that the distance from the pitch will ruin the atmosphere, and that it will all come crashing down. The potential is clearly there though, which is why Klopp is not entirely fanciful.

New (free) stadium could be the making of them, worryingly. Hopefully it will be a soulless, barren waste, but it might just work.

How will it help do you think? All I can see is a worse atmosphere and maybe stealing a few young fans from Leyton Orient.

It's a free stadium with big capacity, excellent infrastructure and transport links. West Ham's supporter base has, over the years, moved out into darkest Essex, and this suits them perfectly. A couple of strong seasons - funded in part by the sale of Upton Park, which (again) is essentially free money - could really solidify them as the "Essex" team over other competitors. It's a pretty big catchment area, and if nothing else, the stadium will be perfect for kids/families and should allow West Ham to offer cheap family packages to fill the place.

Of course, I'm hoping that the distance from the pitch will ruin the atmosphere, and that it will all come crashing down. The potential is clearly there though, which is why Klopp is not entirely fanciful.

Yes it is.

Yes it is.

As much as I agree - Klopp is the kind of guy who you can convince with ambition and dreams rather than simply money and success. He's Keegan-esque. I'd run through the Gaza Strip with my dong out if we got him.

He'd, annoyingly, fit in well at Liverpool where they have a proper "us vs. the world" attitude.

Also Shay Given in an FA Cup final :anguish:

Won it with City didn't he?

Did he? Can't remember. Maybe it's just galling as he has a reasonable chance to do so with Villa.

In 2015, no less.

If you've been in the Premiership for a long time, you should be in a cup final at least once a decade man.

I think we are the only team with maybe the exception of West Brom who have been in the PL for 9 out of the last 10 years without some type of domestic final. Maybe Everton? They lost to City maybe in a semi however.

We haven't had one of those in yonks either.

If you've been in the Premiership for a long time, you should be in a cup final at least once a decade man.

I think we are the only team with maybe the exception of West Brom who have been in the PL for 9 out of the last 10 years without some type of domestic final. Maybe Everton? They lost to City maybe in a semi however.

We haven't had one of those in yonks either.

They lost to Chelsea in 2009 I think. Cahill scored after 1 minute. They also reached a Semi in 2012 or 2013 v Liverpool.

Also Shay Given in an FA Cup final :anguish: After Stephen Carr and Obafemi won the League Cup with Brum the other year.

Who next... Peter Ramage, Smudger, Harper?

Find it funny that anyone would still be holding a grudge against Given, like. Good on him for getting the fuck away from this liar-led soulless circus.