mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 5 April @ 4.00pm (live on Sky)

maybe_next_year

Never felt so underwhelmed going into the derby in over 30 years of following NUFC. We can barely put a team out and the outcome is inevitable. We'll lose again and I'll be over it within half an hour, in years gone by it took me a week to get  a defeat to them out my system.

Think it's time I called it a day in all honesty. If I can't get myself up for this one it's probably time to start asking why I even bother anymore. Just no emotional attachment to it all whatsoever.

Guest reefatoon

Never felt so underwhelmed going into the derby in over 30 years of following NUFC. We can barely put a team out and the outcome is inevitable. We'll lose again and I'll be over it within half an hour, in years gone by it took me a week to get  a defeat to them out my system.

Think it's time I called it a day in all honesty. If I can't get myself up for this one it's probably time to start asking why I even bother anymore. Just no emotional attachment to it all whatsoever.

Totally agree with you, and 6 pages on this thread just show's everyone thinks the same.

It’s unbelievable what this regime have done to our fans isn’t it? Totally saddening and sickening. The fat wanker has literally squeezed the passion out of the majority of us.

I usually receive about 20 messages now either by text or on Sleazebook asking for spares and I only had a few this time around which says it all. The build-up has been the most low-key I have ever know.

It’s unbelievable what this regime have done to our fans isn’t it? Totally saddening and sickening. The fat w***** has literally squeezed the passion out of the majority of us.

I usually receive about 20 messages now either by text or on Sleazebook asking for spares and I only had a few this time around which says it all. The build-up has been the most low-key I have ever know.

Can't believe it's come to this where I can't even be arsed with the derby. In the past I've finished with girlfriends because they've moaned on that I spent too much time and money following NUFC, I even quit a good job because they wouldn't give me time off to go to Roma away. Been all over Europe watching them (bumped into your good self many times in the process) and now I just can't be bothered with it all as when you sit down and think about it, it's just a pointless excercise supporting them now.

I'm not bothered about winning trophies, no Newcastle fan should be, but the fact the club admit that they don't even try to compete (Leicester away being the most recent example) and that mid table in the league with a nice profit is the ultimate goal makes the whole thing a waste of time.

It's uncompetitive and in all honesty totally boring. No wonder the crowd just sit in complete silence at home games these days because win, lose or draw in the grand scheme of things it makes no difference so there's nowt to shout about.

It won't change until the fat parasite is gone but that's going to take years and by then it'll be too late.

Sad when you put it like that Wallsendmag, just shows what a big change Ashley has wrought in people lives.

Like has been said a few posts up, 6 pages in the pre match thread in what used to be the most exciting, nerve jangling game of the season says it all.

I think a lot of people are at the past caring stage now and it'll take more than the bi annual 2 bald men fighting over a comb derby to stir the passions up.

It’s unbelievable what this regime have done to our fans isn’t it? Totally saddening and sickening. The fat w***** has literally squeezed the passion out of the majority of us.

Can't believe it's come to this where I can't even be arsed with the derby. In the past I've finished with girlfriends because they've moaned on that I spent too much time and money following NUFC, I even quit a good job because they wouldn't give me time off to go to Roma away. Been all over Europe watching them (bumped into your good self many times in the process) and now I just can't be bothered with it all as when you sit down and think about it, it's just a pointless excercise supporting them now.

I'm not bothered about winning trophies, no Newcastle fan should be, but the fact the club admit that they don't even try to compete (Leicester away being the most recent example) and that mid table in the league with a nice profit is the ultimate goal makes the whole thing a waste of time.

It's uncompetitive and in all honesty totally boring. No wonder the crowd just sit in complete silence at home games these days because win, lose or draw in the grand scheme of things it makes no difference so there's nowt to shout about.

It won't change until the fat parasite is gone but that's going to take years and by then it'll be too late.

:thup: Spot on. I'm beyond caring now and the build up to this derby sums it up well. There's been nothing at all. No bickering or nerves, just both sets of fans totally subdued because of two pathetic football clubs.

I used to laugh at the SMB's in the not too distant past because all they cared about was beating us.  It was like their whole season centered on those two games but meant the world to them "screw the rest, as long as we beat the barcodes" etc..... thought this was so small minded.  Now look at us...we've not sunk to that level, we're way below it.  Thanks Mike.

I've completely given up like. It's one of the reasons why I haven't been on much as well because I just can't be bothered even reading about the club anymore. I've barely followed us since Christmas and when I have I've usually turned it off in favour of another game because the football is so fucking shite.

The season we finished 5th showed that despite Ashley's ownership we could still enjoy the club because the results were good and at times the football was as well, but both of those are completely gone now. The thing that gets to me is that I'm not making a decision to be uninterested and I'm not actively avoiding the club, it's that I genuinely don't care. When we're on at the weekend I've no interest at all and even this weekend when I'd usually be nervous and excited in equal measure, there's just nothing there.

I've no hope for the future either because as long as the club is making that fat bastard money he is going nowhere and dickheads like Carver will be there every step of the way.

:thup: Spot on. I'm beyond caring now and the build up to this derby sums it up well. There's been nothing at all. No bickering or nerves, just both sets of fans totally subdued because of two pathetic football clubs.

Maybe it's time to take the FC United idea to a whole new level and join forces for Tyne and Wear United? :pow:

Maybe it's time to take the FC United idea to a whole new level and join forces for Tyne and Wear United? :pow:

:anguish:

Guest alijmitchell

We will get soundly beaten, if not a bit of a hiding. What will hurt the most about it will be the gnawing realisation that I largely don't care

Guest TruToon94

I used to care... Before I realize that the Mackems at this moment in time have fans who actually give more of a shit than our lot do. The Pardew years proved that to me. Sure on here we're anti-Pardew and so are some folks I know but the majority just don't... Give a shit. At all.

Seriously I hope the mackems win so we at least shake the apathy out of some of the fans and so they may be force Ashley to get a decent manager. Doubt it though.

I used to care... Before I realize that the Mackems at this moment in time have fans who actually give more of a s*** than our lot do. The Pardew years proved that to me. Sure on here we're anti-Pardew and so are some folks I know but the majority just don't... Give a s***. At all.

Seriously I hope the mackems win so we at least shake the apathy out of some of the fans and so they may be force Ashley to get a decent manager. Doubt it though.

Pretty hard to give a shit about a football club which doesn't give a shit about you.

Krul

Anita  Willy Janmaat Raylor

Abeid  Colback

Cabella Sissoko Sammy

Perez

Elliot, Satka, Jonas, Aarons, Obertan, Armstrong, Riviere

I used to care... Before I realize that the Mackems at this moment in time have fans who actually give more of a s*** than our lot do. The Pardew years proved that to me. Sure on here we're anti-Pardew and so are some folks I know but the majority just don't... Give a s***. At all.

They've beaten us 4 times in a row man and it hasn't shook the apathy out of the crowd. Nobody cares anymore. Go to the next home game and you'll see that for yourself.