NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

When does the Castore deal run till?

6 years apparently. Looking forward to the 27/28 season.

Mike sold Castore on this contract knowing he was going to sell to the Saudi's and that it'd be worth far more than they were offering. There has to be a way out if we cared enough.

I'm not "outraged" about this any more than I'm "outraged" about the club being owned by the Saudis in the first place, but we can all agree that this is incredibly transparent FFP circumvention, right?

Even the 25m annual amount feels like it was deliberately set at the highest possible figure where we could plausibly argue it was "market value."

20 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“Reports at the time, which have since been independently verified by Football Insider, revealed that the contract runs until the end of 2025-26.”

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-newcastle-united-regret-at-30m-deal-sources/?amp

I feel like a six year deal that started with our 21-22 kit shouldn’t end at the end of the 25-26 season. 

4 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I'm not "outraged" about this any more than I'm "outraged" about the club being owned by the Saudis in the first place, but we can all agree that this is incredibly transparent FFP circumvention, right?

Even the 25m annual amount feels like it was deliberately set at the highest possible figure where we could plausibly argue it was "market value."

aye I feel like sela sport might want to change the footer of their website if we’re going to pretend this isn’t some creative accountancy activity 

14 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

I feel like a six year deal that started with our 21-22 kit shouldn’t end at the end of the 25-26 season. 

Edited by Manxst

Just now, Dokko said:

The club wouldn't have announced it unless approved by the PL and other authorities. 

Has there actually been an official announcement by the club?

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

The club wouldn't have announced it unless approved by the PL and other authorities. 

They haven’t announced it yet? Hope says its done- other sources say that it’s not and others are still in the running? 

28 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Man utd get £47 million per season, man city £67.5 million. So it's hardly stretching fair market value for a champions league club. I think they've pitched it low as a tester to set a precedent. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

Man utd get £47 million per season, man city £67.5 million. So it's hardly stretching fair market value for a champions league club. I think they've pitched it low as a tester to set a precedent. 

Why do some people still have my 2011/2012 Chelsea away face as their forum profile pic.  :scared:It's literally been a decade.

59 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Sela's market.

58 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Why do some people still have my 2011/2012 Chelsea away face as their forum profile pic.  :scared:It's literally been a decade.

Never forget 

But I must admit that I didn't realise it had been that long. It seemed a long way into my N-O career. But I guess I forgot how long this place has been around. 

Maybe I should change it to a rabbit with a pancake on its head