NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

Guest Howaythetoon

Nearly £80 including shipping :anguish:

I’d pay that without the sponsor logo. It’s funny because a lot of people pay over the odds for a lot of clothing, but seem to see football tops or kits as taking the piss when it comes to how much they cost.

80 quid would get me a few years of 5-a-side footy use out of that. Value for money? I wouldn’t buy one to go to the games mind, I think wearing a top is for kids mainly these days.

The fact you can get an exact replica for £15 from China shows £80 isn’t value for money. The quality of football shirts seems to have dropped a lot yet the prices keep going up and up, not to mention they’ll be half price come the end of the season. If you spend £80 on a decent branded top you’ll be getting higher quality and something you can wear whenever and get more use out of.

Guessing the away top will be the same price as the home one?

I’m pretty sure they have priced the home top at £65 so that they can charge that for the away top knowing everyone will want to buy it. They will also be factoring in that the 3rd shirt won’t get a look in this season.

Guest Howaythetoon

£80 is definately not value for money for a football top

If you get a good few years out of it at 5-a-side it is. Although for a tenner you could get just as much use.

I might buy it, I’d pay a few quid extra to not show a sponsors logo on it.

I’ll probably not like in all reality, I have enough tops for footy and don’t wear tops to the match. I’ll get the boys one as they are into footy now.

If it was the same price as last years I would consider both shirts, however with a >20% increase and the most expensive football shirt in the world I can’t justify buying both and although this season home shirt is one of our best for years, it’s not as good as last years and is rather similar. Ultimately I’d rather buy the away top like most people will. As the season goes on you’ll probably be able to pick up the home shirt for less elsewhere in anyway.

If you get a good few years out of it at 5-a-side it is. Although for a tenner you could get just as much use.

I’ll probably not like in all reality, I have enough tops for footy and don’t wear tops to the match. I’ll get the boys one as they are into footy now.

I play 5asides once a week. Not sure paying £80 for a top I’d wear 1hr a week. And most weeks would be covered with a bib anyway is worth it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I play 5asides once a week. Not sure paying £80 for a top I’d wear 1hr a week. And most weeks would be covered with a bib anyway is worth it.

We don’t play in a league, it’s mainly a bunch of mates who have been playing for a decade since I started and some even more so we rarely bibs. See your point though. For me it comes,es down to if I want a new Toon top paying daft money for something plastered with a betting firm or paying a little bit more daft money for one without.

I think I paid less for last year’s top mind, which was linked on here. I bought it because I got the kids a kit and wanted to wear it for matches originally and the odd time casually with jeans, but started wearing it for footy and it will be kept for that until it’s ruined. It’s surpiringly held up well, no marks, rips and when washed looks new.

I have more pride in my Toon Aid black and white top mind and wear that at matches and when out and about.

Maybe it’s just me but I feel a bit silly wearing a replica shirt on none match days and do find it a cringe when I see others, not so much young lads, but grown hairy arsed blokes when shopping at the Metro Centre or wherever, especially when plastered with Wonga. Same people probably think Ashley is doing a great job and would have Pardew back if Rafa left.

Thing is, it’s not the Newcastle kit without the sponsor really. It’s just a black and white striped top. May as well just buy any teamwear top for a tenner.

Sure, don’t buy the kit at all, but I don’t see the point of ordering a blank one really.

Thing is, it’s not the Newcastle kit without the sponsor really. It’s just a black and white striped top. May as well just buy any teamwear top for a tenner.

Sure, don’t buy the kit at all, but I don’t see the point of ordering a blank one really.

New way of looking at, for me. Saw it more as a transient leech, than as a defining part of the species.

Like oxpecker birds which live off the parasites, fleas etc on an elephant's skin. They help the elephant, the elephant helps them. An Oxpecker-less elephant is still an elephant, though.

:thup:

Can we get a teamwear kit with the same design?

Guest reefatoon

If its got a Newcastle badge on it, its a Newcastle strip. Minus a sponsor logo!

Wouldn’t want to see them running around in this like.

article-1315313887763-0dbc8fc900000578-909720_532x476.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

New way of looking at, for me. Saw it more as a transient leech, than as a defining part of the species.

Like oxpecker birds which live off the parasites, fleas etc on an elephant's skin. They help the elephant, the elephant helps them. An Oxpecker-less elephant is still an elephant, though.

What a great, imaginative way to express the shirt/sponsor relationship. Love your posts, Altamullan  :D

I know it sounds like bullshit, but my mate just messaged me. He was at St James' and some staff just opened a box of strips. It had the away strip we know of and a third strip which they quickly out away and said they had better put it in the back... Mint green, with two white hoops on each sleeve. Makes sense there's a mint green since there's a mint green training kit and they usually match up.

https://old.reddit.com/r/NUFC/comments/8zb1ty/3rd_kit/