NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

Nice kit. Like the red numbers as that's what we had when I was going as a kid in the early eighties. The only thing I'd say (ignoring the sponsor size - don't think we can complain about that if the estimates of the deal are anywhere near being true), is that I prefer thicker stripes and more white than black. I actually think this year's kit is the best we've had under Puma and with a different sponsor would have been perfect. Like the hooped socks too. In fact, I like all three of this years.

Awaiting the new away and 3rd now hoping it's going to be something like maroon/blue or yellow/green but whichever, simple designs. My favourite recent change shirt before this year was the 'lucky' Brazil effort from 2013/14.

Guest neesy111

Also a requirement if you play in UEFA competitions iirc.

:yao:

We may actually take the Europa League seriously next time with increased revenues in the competition.

Also a requirement if you play in UEFA competitions iirc.

Seem to remember the European campaign under Roeder we had a striped back with very light silver letters which were impossible to see or read.

Luque's shirt just said "Q" :lol:

EDIT: Probably explains a lot actually. It was really Q from Impractical Jokers pretending to be an international footballer.

Guest firetotheworks

Will we get long sleeve?

I've asked on Twitter. No reply yet. I'll post on here when I know.

Cheers, haven't worn a short sleeved football shirt for years. This is important NUFC.

'Hello Michael, thank you for your message. Unfortunately, the short sleeved version is the only one available at the moment. Stay tuned.'

I'm a bit concerned the blue sponsor and red numbers will look a bit weird, looks fantastic just looking at the back mind.

Yet the last home shirts to have red numbers, and some of the other favoured ones from the early-mid 80s had Red numbers on the back, and Blue Star on the front of a black and white shirt.

I really don't think the sponsor logo being blue is so much of an issue, TBH.

Guest firetotheworks

Our current shirt has blue and gold on either side. I dunno why people think it's going to look daft. Even then they're on opposite sides so they'll never be seen at the same time.

I don't mind a patch on the back (either black with white numbers or white with red numbers). To make it work though the patch needs to be just bigger than the number, and to come with the number rather than being part of the shirt - so people can choose whether they want a number or not. I remember cutting a black patch for my Asics home shirt in the early nineties, stitching it on, and then buying white letters and numbers for it. Had Rob Lee 7 on the back as per the below:

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/0dc2d03fe217f8c83829496872af24a0/n/e/newcastle-93-home-mw-star-lee.jpg

Red takes me back to this:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/football-1974-fa-cup-final-wembley-stadium-4th-may-news-photo/79021371?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#football-1974-fa-cup-final-wembley-stadium-4th-may-liverpool-3-v-0-picture-id79021371

I'm a bit concerned the blue sponsor and red numbers will look a bit weird, looks fantastic just looking at the back mind.

Yet the last home shirts to have red numbers, and some of the other favoured ones from the early-mid 80s had Red numbers on the back, and Blue Star on the front of a black and white shirt.

I really don't think the sponsor logo being blue is so much of an issue, TBH.

Difference between the Fun88 logo and the Brown Ale logo tbh, partly because the blue star didn't take up half the kit almost. :lol:

Maybe you're right and i'm worrying for no reason but i feel like it might be a bit weird.