NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

In my opinion, colours are as integral to the badge as the design itself - it all adds to the symbolism. If we changed the black stripes in the shield to red, that would be alright because it's still the same, of course?

Similar to flags. Take this flag of The Netherlands, for example:

1200px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

Sure, the colours have been changed a wee bit but it's absolutely still the Dutch national flag, I just thought this colour arrangement would work best on different shirts. 

I just think that changing colours can change meanings. Our badge is coloured the way it is for a reason (with the notable exception of the erroneous blue background to the St. George's cross, which was a genuine error (should be white, of course) but is now part of the fabric, as it were). If we utilised the 80s NUFC circle badge then you can have that in any and every colour you like because it's just text. 

Got an email from the club that states:

Designed with a navy colourway and gold detailing, and adorned with a sleeve print inspired by the Leazes Stand - this away kit exists to celebrate the famous home of Newcastle United.

Any clues? [emoji38]

49 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Ahaha... Castore strike again??? Infants kit with Blue Shorts, all other sizes/ages with Yellow??

Must admit, when the shirt designs first leaked I just assumed the shorts would match the top for both the white and blue kits. Think the different colour shorts look a little off. 

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Got an email from the club that states:

Designed with a navy colourway and gold detailing, and adorned with a sleeve print inspired by the Leazes Stand - this away kit exists to celebrate the famous home of Newcastle United.

Any clues? [emoji38]

I guess if you viewed the Leazes stand sort of sideways...through the Matrix filter...in a really strong wind that was in the process of blowing it down?

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Ahaha... Castore strike again??? Infants kit with Blue Shorts, all other sizes/ages with Yellow??

well on club and castore IG it shows blue shorts on the players 😂 

Apparently club shop confirmed to people in store today that the shorts on the site are the Alts and they’ll be sent the blue ones soon. They also had no idea either :lol: supply chain in kit business is horrendous 

54 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Apparently club shop confirmed to people in store today that the shorts on the site are the Alts and they’ll be sent the blue ones soon. They also had no idea either :lol: supply chain in kit business is horrendous 

Fucks sake. More cowboys than a John Wayne movie.

4 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Have we been wearing generic Castore socks so far pre season?

Looks from the website like they’re meant to be white at the top with castore wings on back and NUFC on front.

just a weird kits kit thing mate 

My dhgate Saudi special turned up yesterday. Pretty happy with it. The XL is a bit bigger than usual probably would have went for the L. Everything looks good apart from the dodgy stitch on the collar which seems to be a theme with these shirts. I was supposed to have the blue kit as well but they forgot to send it! Oh well that's the risk you take. The gadgie says he will send it so can't really complain.

4 hours ago, pedro111 said:

My dhgate Saudi special turned up yesterday. Pretty happy with it. The XL is a bit bigger than usual probably would have went for the L. Everything looks good apart from the dodgy stitch on the collar which seems to be a theme with these shirts. I was supposed to have the blue kit as well but they forgot to send it! Oh well that's the risk you take. The gadgie says he will send it so can't really complain.

Did it have the embroidered badge, or the patch type?

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Did it have the embroidered badge, or the patch type?

Embroidered badge. Premier League badge on the sleeve but no noon. Arms are a bit baggy on the XL compared to last season's XL that I got.