NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I see very little evidence of this. If anything the elite ones are less bespoke because they all fit that template. 

Were the club hiring a Creative Director at one point? Is kit design something that would fit under their remit?

The only thing I’m going to miss about castore, are their regular sales every couple of months. I can’t see adidas doing the same. Although a lot of older adidas kits/training like juventus and others pop up at reduced rates on mandm sports. 

31 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

The only thing I’m going to miss about castore, are their regular sales every couple of months. I can’t see adidas doing the same. Although a lot of older adidas kits/training like juventus and others pop up at reduced rates on mandm sports. 

Yeah I think we'll miss Castore with hindsight like. I'll definitely miss the stripes on the back and the red names and numbers. People talk about the quality as well but in my experience it's been really good, the main thing seems to have been their customer service and delivery time more than anything. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah I think we'll miss Castore with hindsight like. I'll definitely miss the stripes on the back and the red names and numbers. People talk about the quality as well but in my experience it's been really good, the main thing seems to have been their customer service and delivery time more than anything. 

The 25m per year we will be getting will make up for it. 

3 hours ago, Paully said:

Had no idea Buglass was involved as an advisor. I'm really in a few different minds about what that means tbh. 

First of all you would think it would mean that the kits won't be boring - on his channel, he regualarly bemoans boring kits, particularly striped ones. On the other hand JonBez on here says the Barnes photoshops are more or less spot on. 

The other thing to consider is that I don't really like the kits Buglass likes and didn't like the home one he designed on his channel either (loved the 3rd kit and the away one definitely grew on me)

I'd be really surprised if he described the kit that we've seen as being 'out of this world' like. Maybe they've got something else up their sleeves. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Had no idea Buglass was involved as an advisor. I'm really in a few different minds about what that means tbh. 

First of all you would think it would mean that the kits won't be boring - on his channel, he regualarly bemoans boring kits, particularly striped ones. On the other hand JonBez on here says the Barnes photoshops are more or less spot on. 

The other thing to consider is that I don't really like the kits Buglass likes and didn't like the home one he designed on his channel either (loved the 3rd kit and the away one definitely grew on me)

I'd be really surprised if he described the kit that we've seen as being 'out of this world' like. Maybe they've got something else up their sleeves. 

It basically means (I assume) that we're getting the nostalgia bait away kit he championed in that video of his, whilst putting the NUF badge on the third shirt was his idea. I.e. the leaks are all legit. 

7 hours ago, Paully said:

With Buglass advising could explain why the nufc circle badge is gonna be on the 3rd kit, he mentioned on his channel he's a big fan of that crest...

On his channel he done the video where he was designing next seasons kits, was posted on this thread a few months ago, the 3rd one he done ,a yellow and green Brazil esc number with the magpie crest, is a thing of absolute beauty, would've chopped off me right arm for adidas to of used that design

41 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

With Buglass advising could explain why the nufc circle badge is gonna be on the 3rd kit, he mentioned on his channel he's a big fan of that crest...

On his channel he done the video where he was designing next seasons kits, was posted on this thread a few months ago, the 3rd one he done ,a yellow and green Brazil esc number with the magpie crest, is a thing of absolute beauty, would've chopped off me right arm for adidas to of used that design

Here is the video if you are interested. A canny watch 

Would also be over the moon with those three kits 

8 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Here is the video if you are interested. A canny watch 

Would also be over the moon with those three kits 

I love that home kit, I think the blue and gold looks classy if done right and they are colours from our crest so relevant too.

Just now, timnufc22 said:

I love that home kit, I think the blue and gold looks classy if done right and they are colours from our crest so relevant too.

I really like the idea of using different crests across home, away and third kits 

On 23/04/2024 at 16:04, Kaizero said:

TM5623_CAVIAR_1_2000x.jpg?v=1693918786TM3755NS_CARBONBLAZINGYELLOW_1_2000x.jpg

Season 13 Episode 6 GIF by The Simpsons

What I find fascinating about Castore is that I ended up ordering these one by one, as I wasn't completely sure I wanted both. However, the time between orders ended up being less than ten minutes or something. Yet, the shirt is already on its way to my house less than three days after placing the order (which is fairly quick for an international shipment). The jacket, however? It's been faffing about between Glasgow, Birmingham and "East Midlands" since it was ordered and has an estimated delivery of "May 9th" :lol: 

The shirt he designs in that video is alright, but personally I prefer a cleaner look, so not a massive fan of both the gold and blue trim, would rather just stick to the one, preferably the gold, as blue makes me have flashbacks to some of the monstrosities that Puma committed. Also hate the back on that home shirt, it'd prefer a fully plain black then some weird half and half nonsense. 

The second is genuinely incredible and probably better the original. The third is very meh. 

Great article posted above. Surely Craig Buglass cannot possibly be talking about the 'Harvey Barnes' shirt which is the exact opposite of everything he says in that article. I have seen examples before where all the leaks have been completely wrong (adidas Juventus 22/23 being an example)....praying that's the case here.

Ooooo it came and it’s a beaut. 

IMG_7497.thumb.jpeg.bc19d01902bf71a15c439f67e6ece172.jpeg

I absolutely love the material too. Way better than the old Adidas stuff I have (last time I bought a kit was the home shirt in what I call the Martins year :lol:). It feels really good on. 

From that article:

A key part of that is recreating what they’ve done with Arsenal, tapping into themes that will appeal specifically to Newcastle fans. They are part of Adidas’ elite tier of teams, which means bespoke strips and ranges of retro and leisure wear are on their way.

So seems we are one of the 'elite', which seemed a little unclear, after it only seemed to be 'Footy Headlines' that mentioned it last year.

4 hours ago, timnufc22 said:

That Yellow Kit (on the video link)is a thing of Beauty 

Love everything about it 

4 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Love everything about it 

pls tell me it's real

9 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Love everything about it 

I agree, though I don't like the birdy badge on it personally. Birdy badge and yellow and green gives me Norwich City vibes! Could also just be a bit of a colour clash for me.

I'd adore it with a green NUFC logo from kit no 2.

double post

Actually while I've double posted, might as well moan about something: I hate the colour of the blue on our badge. It looks cheap and tacky. Should be darker.

Edited by Checko
opportunity for complaining