NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Just now, jwclark2342 said:

I was always worried about the future.  I am so use to fucking Ashley screwing is over.  It’s brilliant the way the club is running right now.  Is there a better board in the Prem right now?

Aye, if this was Charnley he would forget to get a new deal, and end up signing a contract during the summer it expires.

Thing is, looking at the prices of both Man Utd and Arsenal who are with Adidas, it’s £80 for the normal top, and I think Arsenal were getting slated for selling the players edition for nearly £120, it’s £130 for an Arsenal non players edition full kit, without personalisation.

With inflation etc, we might be looking at £100 non-players edition shirts next season or soon enough.

Just now, Stifler said:

Thing is, looking at the prices of both Man Utd and Arsenal who are with Adidas, it’s £80 for the normal top, and I think Arsenal were getting slated for selling the players edition for nearly £120, it’s £130 for an Arsenal non players edition full kit, without personalisation.

With inflation etc, we might be looking at £100 non-players edition shirts next season or soon enough.

That’s why they’ve let it slip. Folk got time to be saving up now. 

Can almost hear the complaints now when adidas release some trash identikit homage and want 100 beans for it.

I live in hope we can get them to deliver something out of the ordinary like. And at worst, decent training gear now.

53 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

It’s been common knowledge in the sportswear industry for a while that we’ve ditched Castore for Adidas

Its an open secret 

Not like he’s revealed who shot Dirty Den 

Credit where its due, I was skeptical when you claimed the Adidas deal was done and dusted but clearly your info was spot on 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, LV said:

Let’s have a proper grandad collar 1995-6 (is that when it was?) home kit  reissue. 

This is why it was always going to be Adidas. They’re sitting on a bunch of re-issues that’ll make an absolute killing. They did the same when they got back with Arsenal and for Man Utd too. We were always going to be worth much more to Adidas than any other supplier.

From £5/6M (can't remember) a season and a shite percentage on anything sold (reading into Silverstone's comments in the episode) to "potentially hundreds of millions". :laugh:

Even if you put aside everything else that's shite about Castore, the difference the deal will make to our long-term prospects is incredible.

35 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't think there was a leak of the design. Just the lead designer talking about how "three bold black stripes" is the inspiration behind it.

Seems like the first new Adidas one will be more similar to 2001–03 than any other.

image.thumb.png.fe1833354828569b688ff8f96db3a9de.png

My all-time fave.

Synopsis of the segment:

Spoiler

• Ghodoussi, Staveley, Eales, Silverstone, and Al-Hagbani (director) jet out to Germany to close the deal with Adidas.

• Shearer says it'll be worth "hundreds of millions in kit and retail sales over the next 5 years"

• Silverstone says it's the "biggest deal the club will have ever done"

• Ghodoussi says it will mean NUFC shirts in China, Los Angeles, New York, Timbuktu

• They joke about needing to keep the meeting secret :lol:

• Silverstone says "the deal with Adidas will deliver greater revenue from the sales of Adidas products and the money we'll get from Adidas themselves. Financially, it has the potential to be the most lucrative, highest-earning partnership the club has ever done. A £200M retail business." [£40M a season over 5 years as a base?]

• Adidas GM says "so many people inside of Adidas want this to happen"

• Ghodoussi says "it's like two old lovers getting back together"

• The lead designer then gives a slideshow presentation, but nothing is given away other than the "three black bold stripes being the inspiration" for the new home kit.

• The white gloves come out and they go into a room where they are shown "iconic" NUFC kits from the 90s. 96/97 away, 97/98 home, 97/98 away, etc.

• Adidas seem to be frothing about being back with us. The CEO says nobody can believe where NUFC already are after the takeover and the deal will be great for everyone.

• Silverstone references the fact that Adidas already work with Saudi's national team and that the two will work together to try dominate that market

It’s the possible training gear being rereleased I’m excited for. Finding a decent 90s knock off tops’s no bother, but none of the training gear around. Wonder if it was a coincidence that Fender was cutting about SJP in an immaculate 90s sweatshirt which just so happened to conveniently be numbered 17?