NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

20 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

This is for non elite clubs, nothing close to what we’re getting.

That article (if it's to be believed) says those are elite team templates tho.

Edited by Harry 209

i wanted to share a shirt from my collection. its a 1996 goalkeeper prototype, tried on and signed by Hislop. In the end they went with the turquoise / green version of this.

It might be the only one ever made as i havent found evidence of another one and theres no other photos of it online. I took some photos of it and i thought its time to share it with other toon fans :)

53499461245_3e9d61a85b_h copy.jpg

IMG_6130 copy 2.jpg

Edited by the96journal

That's nice. The green/turqoise one would have been easily replacable with this one but would have still been overshadowed by the Tyne bridge one, which is possible the best keeper kit we have ever had.

11 hours ago, the96journal said:

i wanted to share a shirt from my collection. its a 1996 goalkeeper prototype, tried on and signed by Hislop. In the end they went with the turquoise / green version of this.

It might be the only one ever made as i havent found evidence of another one and theres no other photos of it online. I took some photos of it and i thought its time to share it with other toon fans :)

53499461245_3e9d61a85b_h copy.jpg

IMG_6130 copy 2.jpg

Feel like I'd seen this for sale on classic football shirts before but maybe I'm getting confused.

I always had keeper tops as a bairn, think Newcastle had always had pretty good GK tops over the years (recent years excluded).

Was there ever a reason given for why our various training/stadium range doesn’t have a sponsor on? 

im sure the club have it all under control but seems surprising it wasn’t required in the sela deal if it was scrutinised. 

or do we reckon something wasn’t sorted in time? Could be more funds as a new deal next year? 

I think its manure who have different sponsors on the different ranges 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Videos proper magic like, love the toon.

This and the autistic lad is what clubs should be doing all the time. Love it

What a fantastic initiative.

On a separate point, I’ve heard there has been issues with the new adidas shirts not meeting the quality checks so there could be delays with these going on sale if they can’t sort it.

Cracking video there is right, and very interesting the alternatives to the grandad collar! Seen this a few  years ago its basically the same but stripes slightly  different and the material more shiney, could deffo be a real prototype  though as deportivo la coruna had basically the same kit but in blue and white a year laterimage.thumb.png.60417cf14e4fcc0ac26aaa60a65c788e.png

Back then: uk manufacturing, good quality product, somewhere between 20 and 30 quid.

Now: sweatshop manufacturing, often poor quality product, minimum of 70 quid.

13 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Back then: uk manufacturing, good quality product, somewhere between 20 and 30 quid.

Profitability rules. 

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

They weren't 20-30 quid for those adidas ones; mine was 35 quid.  With inflation, that would be 85 quid today.  Most of the kits were manufactured in sweatshops in Turkey, not the UK.

And I seem to remember a former chairman boasting to a News of the Screws fake sheikh in a Spanish brothel about just how much they cost to make; just how quality they were; and just how much we were stupid enough to pay.