NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

19 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Pretty sure the theme here is just to bitch about something.

It’s obviously an I but the way it’s been done it blends in a bit.

:lol: so condescending. 

Maybe the 'theme' is thinking that, for upwards of £90 for a shirt with all the trimmings, folks might get something that looks better than something you'd find in a basket at a Thai market. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: so condescending. 

Maybe the 'theme' is thinking that, for upwards of £90 for a shirt with all the trimmings, folks might get something that looks better than something you'd find in a basket at a Thai market. 

That's the feeling I got when I arrived at the shop at the weekend - the design is nice-looking and it's a decent shirt, but at the end of the day I was still standing in front of quite a poor-quality garment with a high price.

I think only American sports gear gets close to the quality you would want, the baseball stuff is superb. But it is more expensive as well. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

You haven't got any Castore gear though have you? They're way better quality than the other clubs kits like, it's not even close.

I haven't, and as we discussed the other day, I'm happy to take your word for it on that. I honestly don't think that changes the point though; it's a blummin rip-off and (if I'm going to be uber-cynical) exploitative, cos they know folks will pay through the nose for anything with the badge on, properly stitched or otherwise. :lol:

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's the feeling I got when I arrived at the shop at the weekend - the design is nice-looking and it's a decent shirt, but at the end of the day I was still standing in front of quite a poor-quality garment with a high price.

I think only American sports gear gets close to the quality you would want, the baseball stuff is superb. But it is more expensive as well. 

$250 for my proper NFL jersey, foolishly purchased at the stadium before the game :D . They sell cheaper player/kids versions with slap on vinyl names rather than embroidered stuff, but they're still generally north of $100.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I haven't, and as we discussed the other day, I'm happy to take your word for it on that. I honestly don't think that changes the point though; it's a blummin rip-off and (if I'm going to be uber-cynical) exploitative, cos they know folks will pay through the nose for anything with the badge on, properly stitched or otherwise. :lol:

I'm not going to disagree about it being a rip off like, because it is. All I'm really saying is that we've got the thinner end of the wedge in the PL. Others are more expensive and imo lower quality 

£66 of that shirt cost must be clear profit. Quality is shite. Spelling fucked. Stitching to fuck. Alignment issues. It’s a shitshow 

Also, there’s no way I’d wear it for my hols at sunderland airport 

Edited by RS

27 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Top left is best. That's how it should be done going forward.

The ASICS one, with a stick on patch.

I'm sure they'd be plenty moaning that is was "just a patch and why can't we have an embroidered badge"

To be fair it's lasted a load better than some of the puma attempts 

Same shirt as last year with the stripes reversed. Last year white stripe centered, this year black stripe centered; last year white stripe on top of the shoulders, this year black stripe on top of the shoulders; last year white black white round collar, this year black white black vee collar.  FUN88 vs. SELA = wash for me. I was hoping for Arabic writing.  

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Anyone ever had one of the pro shirts? I know the price is insane even for a regular shirt these days but just wondering if there’s any significant difference - bar the stick on crest.

Don't know for certain but I assumed they were a tighter fit

3 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Anyone ever had one of the pro shirts? I know the price is insane even for a regular shirt these days but just wondering if there’s any significant difference - bar the stick on crest.

Stick on crest and doesn’t it have like breathable holes