NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Red numbers over boxes on the back for me every day. Like you say red is nearly as intrinsically Newcastle as black and white is considering its use on the crest.

Edited by ponsaelius

12 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Canny mad how much everyone hates the red name and numbers when you read through the insta posts.

The red numbers for me are Newcastle, even if I grew up with mostly black&white or whatever iterations of blue or gold.

Black and white is a no go so not sure why anyone even asks. Not sure if it's just creeps on insta who don't realise how we frequently used red in our past, or if they're just youngins?

That said, last season's mashup of baby blue/yellow/ red was a bit much for me!

Aye, we had red numbers in the 50's and right through to the early 90's. Was only once we got promoted in 93 and changed to the Asics strips and the premier league that we dropped the red numbers until 2017 when they were brought back.

Edited by TK-421

10 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Canny mad how much everyone hates the red name and numbers when you read through the insta posts.

The red numbers for me are Newcastle, even if I grew up with mostly black&white or whatever iterations of blue or gold.

Black and white is a no go so not sure why anyone even asks. Not sure if it's just creeps on insta who don't realise how we frequently used red in our past, or if they're just youngins?

Black or White look fine to me, could outline the inner line thicker on the white numbers to make it even clearer but I'd plump for black.

af9f31629786b96b6ecf6532f6c78b4f--football-soccer-football-players.jpg

David-Ginola-Alan-Shearer-Football365.jpg

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

They aren’t, they are black, they fucked up in the promo pics, or changed their mind after the promo picks, similar to last season when the away kit was supposed to be blue shorts, but they changed their mind to gold shorts.

is this confirmed?

5 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Black or White look fine to me, could outline the inner line thicker on the white numbers to make it even clearer but I'd plump for black.

af9f31629786b96b6ecf6532f6c78b4f--football-soccer-football-players.jpg

David-Ginola-Alan-Shearer-Football365.jpg

As great as that is, just couldn't see it fly nowadays unless it had a patch.

I'm sure that's the exact reason we ended up going for red because everyone complained about plain backs[emoji38]

5 hours ago, LFEE said:

Yeah I’ve been wondering the same but probably more calmly 🙂 Are they officially white with black turnovers? Always think socks should catch the eye to help the players so all for this if so.

ScreenShot2023-06-11at1_13_44PM.thumb.png.36693f637b09c681f1a0d3a38dafe39a.png

"We talking about socks."

I think the kit looks fine with white or black socks but if they've done the promo shots with white socks then changed their mind without changing the photos (and not letting anyone know until the kit is on sale) it doesn't exactly dispel the theory that Castore are still a bit amateurish compared to the big boys.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Aye, and they prefer the blue and the gold, which I find both to be tacky as fuck.

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

You know we haven't had the forum awards for a while now and even when we did there wasn't a Best WUM one. :lol:

I was being serious! Confused also with what are the official socks. I’m all for white with a bit black 👍🏻

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do the numbers have to be that big? 

Saying that, I guess '39' would be hefty.

Feels like an invented problem, like, unless Tyler's eyesight is on the wane.