AshleyOut.com

TK-421

The success of the boycott was always reliant on season ticket holders not attending.  I'm just staying at home as I don't want to be part of any media circus. Level 7 is definitely going to look half empty but we need the East Standers to be part of the protest as well as the lower Gallowgate/Leazes.

Im predicting 35k in actual attendance with a match attendance given as circa 42k.

And please no "Fat cockney b******"

That chant just adds fuel to the theory that we want everything 'Geordie' at the club from the media. Really pisses me off.

I think the fact we all hate Carver ends that myth.

The media have never acknowledged that he is universally unpopular with fans though.

The success of the boycott was always reliant on season ticket holders not attending.  I'm just staying at home as I don't want to be part of any media circus. Level 7 is definitely going to look half empty but we need the East Standers to be part of the protest as well as the lower Gallowgate/Leazes.

Im predicting 35k in actual attendance with a match attendance given as circa 42k.

do the club not give the attendance as the number of season ticket holders plus casual cash/card buying fans as the place could be half empty but still post 48,000 including spuds fans

do the club not give the attendance as the number of season ticket holders plus casual cash/card buying fans as the place could be half empty but still post 48,000 including spuds fans

If it looks half empty on TV and they announce it as 48,000 they're going to look stupid on national TV.

If it looks half empty on TV and they announce it as 48,000 they're going to look stupid on national TV.

They will too as they are stupid  :D

Aye every club has to do that now as it's an FA directive.

Excuse the long post, but it's difficult to put 'my opinions of the club' in one paragraph.

No, that's fine, that's what I was after.

So do you feel the club, as a sporting institution, is striving to be the best it can be? Do you feel Ashley is invested enough in the fortunes of the club, again, as a sporting institution - as opposed to a business venture or, if you want to put it crassly, a Sports Direct subsidiary?

I'm not sure what else I can add to my two previous posts.

A football club is both a community institution, and a business enterprise. Both have to work if there's going to be success on the field. There's a lot of talk about the club 'really' belonging to the supporters and the city, and people are getting very carried away with that, as though some kind of peasants' revolt is bound to pay dividends in the long term. The reality will be disunity and decline if the current trend for 'people power' carries on.

They will too as they are stupid  :D

I hope the difference is laughable. Like the ground is only 50% full but the attendance is claimed to be 50,000. :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-fans-every-right-angry-5546680?

Newcastle fans have every right to be angry with Mike Ashley - not grateful for club's £34m bank balance

07:00, 19 April 2015

OPINION BY ANDYDUNN

The club announced their financial results this week, giving further evidence to why Ashley doesn't care about the devoted supporters one iota

But making money and annoying the hell out of people can be pretty much taken as read. He is an absolute belter at both.

In the same week some Newcastle supporters were preparing a boycott of today’s game against Tottenham Hotspur in protest at his ownership, results for the financial year ending April 30, 2014 showed Ashley’s ­companies had made a profit of £524.7million.

That’s 524.7m reasons why Ashley does not give a toss about the malcontents who will make themselves scarce.

Anyway, they are ingrates, the lot of them. Ashley saved the club, he has put bundles of his own cash in. Sure he has.

And if you think Ashley is not going to make a big fat profit from his investment in Newcastle United, then you are as deluded as John Carver when he says it’s going to be spend, spend, spend this summer.

Carver is probably just towing the line. Grateful to be given an unlikely chance as a Premier League manager.

And Ashley seems to like grateful people. He has dabbled with employees who might not ­necessarily NEED the job – Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer – but it has been mainly those who would be dutifully thankful.

Joe Kinnear? Four years out of a job and completely off-radar. Grateful? Yes. Chris Hughton? A backroom shuffler for many years. Grateful? Yes.

Alan Pardew? Let go by ­Championship Charlton, then dumped by League One ­Southampton. Grateful? Yes.

Carver? Seemingly destined for a career as an assistant. Grateful? Yes.

Ashley likes grateful people. That is why 15,000 of his ­company’s staff are on those zero-hours contracts.

Unfortunately for them, they are grateful for ­whatever he can put their way. And for him, the dosh keeps rolling in.

St James’ Park is a gaudy billboard televised around the world, thanks to the success of the Premier League.

The club itself showed a tidy profit of £18.7m in its last set of accounts, which also revealed a bank balance of £34.1m.

It also showed that Ashley’s interest-free loan to the club stands at £129m. But that’s what it is: a loan. He will have it back, make no mistake.

Meanwhile, Ashley and his chief executive Lee Charnley – risen without trace and, no doubt, extremely grateful – have cast aside any pretence of running a club with traditional values.

Their lack of interest in cup competitions, for example, is a heinous insult.

Yet you can bet, Newcastle fans, that Ashley thinks you should be eternally grateful. You should not. Your club has become a commercial shell. A vacuous ­institution. And the only people who keep it an institution are you.

There has been a good, balanced debate rattling around Tyneside over the worthiness of not turning up for the fixture against Spurs.

Those who say the team – on a desperate run – needs support regardless of feelings against the owner have a strong case.

Those who say there is no ­alternative out there are also not without reasonable foundation for their view.

But the least convincing ­argument against supporting the boycott is that whatever happens it will not concern Ashley one iota.That is not the point.

Whether you turn up or not, making sure – in an entirely peaceful and reasonable manner, of course – Ashley knows that you, unlike his staff, do not have to be grateful, is the least any ­self-respecting Newcastle fan can do.

And please no "Fat cockney b******"

Unfortunately it's the only anti-Ashley chant that's ever caught on, it's bound to get an airing today.

It's a shame because 'fuck off Mike Ashley' fits better, is harsher, more direct and doesn't need to involve where he's from.

Got a season ticket but not going to the match. Going to the town to join any protests. Can the people on here who slag off match goers get off their arses get in town and join the protest as well.

Got a season ticket but not going to the match. Going to the town to join any protests. Can the people on here who slag off match goers get off their arses get in town and join the protest as well.

:thup

Good stuff, investing in this movement is an investment in the future of NUFC.

Just donated the price of my train ticket to/from the match to these guys. seems a better way to spend it than the other times I've spend my weekend travelling 3 hours to watch 2 hours of absolute shite while being bombarded with sports direct adverts from every angle.