AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Guest neesy111

Of course fans aren't "to blame" but anyone who continues to fund it has <b>zero reason to complain</b>. None. They know what their money is going towards and they give him it anyway. The fan base as a collective can accelerate his departure by not turning up en masse but they have made a choice to do the opposite and keep him here.

Everyone has exactly the same rights and reasons to complain if they want to. Just because you don't go to the games (and I have only been to a few this season myself - both through lack of interest, other more important things to do etc) it does not automatically give you more right to complain. Just because you feel like you're doing something to "make a stand".

The whole argument is so fucking high and mighty man. It's embarrassing.

No, you're posts have been embarassing.

Of course fans aren't "to blame" but anyone who continues to fund it has <b>zero reason to complain</b>. None. They know what their money is going towards and they give him it anyway. The fan base as a collective can accelerate his departure by not turning up en masse but they have made a choice to do the opposite and keep him here.

Everyone has exactly the same rights and reasons to complain if they want to. Just because you don't go to the games (and I have only been to a few this season myself - both through lack of interest, other more important things to do etc) it does not automatically give you more right to complain. Just because you feel like you're doing something to "make a stand".

The whole argument is so f***ing high and mighty man. It's embarrassing.

Beautifully argued, well done.

Liked the bad grammar also..

I didn't want to pack in my season ticket and sacrifice ten years worth of loyalty points, I did it because it was the right thing to do, because funding Mike Ashley is damaging to Newcastle United.

How the fuck is it "high and mighty" to believe that people who keep paying top dollar for a shit product (that they know is shit and which admits its ambition is to be shit) can't complain when they receive a shit product? :lol:

You surely do this on purpose.

Guest neesy111

I didn't want to pack in my season ticket and sacrifice ten years worth of loyalty points, I did it because it was the right thing to do, because funding Mike Ashley is damaging to Newcastle United.

How the fuck is it "high and mighty" to believe that people who keep paying top dollar for a shit product (that they know is shit and which admits its ambition is to be shit) can't complain when they receive a shit product? [emoji38]

:thup:

Support the team no matter what.....That worked f***ing pricks.

Actually hope a lot of our fans die who did nothing when they had the chance.

These guys where our f***ing saviors and people f***ed them off.

Got the club you deserve.  You know who you are and don't come moaning about going down on here when you are as much to blame

Oh yes they do for keep putting money into the fat c***s pockets.

Absolutely disgusting posts.

All this "getting the club you deserve" bullshit... Why? Because they want to go and support a team that they've supported all their lives? Because they want to (try to) enjoy their usual Saturday routine / day out? You do realise that THE VAST MAJORITY of the match going public are just normal people (parents, grandparents, children) who want to watch a bit of football on a weekend. They're not interested in protesting about this and that, because, quite frankly, they recognise that there's a lot more to life than f***ing football.

And in the end, the majority of protests achieve very little. Sack Pardew, you could argue, de-stabilised his position to the point where he was happy to walk when the opportunity arose, but do you REALLY believe that ANY kind of protest against Ashley (either verbal or a one that hits him in his pocket) is really going to make him go "Ah s***, they don't like me do they? I best be off then". Of course it's not. He has a business to run (very badly it seems), and he's not just going to drop it all and sell up because a bunch of people stop showing up or start shouting at him a bit. That's just not how a businessman like him operates.

Anyway, my point is primarily this... stop f***ing turning on other fans. It's not their fault. It's not a competition. "Look at me, I'm a better fan than you because I stopped going to the games". f*** off. No one sitting in that stadium (with a paid ticket) should take any blame for the position we find ourselves in, and they should not be held accountable because they want to try to enjoy supporting a team that they have supported all their lives.

Grow up!

It's not about being a better fan than anyone else. It's about uniting as a fan base to try and achieve something. In this case to show the owner of our club that we won't just sit there and keep taking this s***. The issue is it seems impossible to convince some people even to sit out one match, a single match. Because they're the "super fans" who would never stop supporting the lads. We saw Liverpool fans take a stand against ticket price hikes and it worked because they were united and they understood that maybe missing one game or half a game would achieve something to better their lot as fans. We can't seem to do that at all. I totally understand and share the frustration of Slim and ElCid. As long as the fan base is fractured nothing will change. The level of Apathy of our fans is incredible. The blinkered view of what we can achieve as fans is depressing. There has to be a point where people say enough is enough, and that doesn't have to mean throwing away their season tickets, it can mean joining in a few well organised protests which are adhered to by everyone, to show that we can be united and that we can make a statement.

I don't disagree that a united protest would be a good thing to prove a point, but it's so unbelievably short sighted to think that it will actually affect change (sad but true).

What I don't agree with is this "getting the club they deserve" bullshit. No, that's just simply not true. Just because you don't want to waste an afternoon protesting, or because you don't want to give up going to games (even one game), you are "getting the club you deserve". You must understand, as a rational adult (taking off the passionate football fan glasses) that that is complete bullshit?

I'm genuinely curious on hat you're basing this view point on? The fans exerted some pressure as a collective and the result was Pardew leaving. We have never had a sustained and united protest against Ashley, and you're adamant that it will do nothing. I really do wonder where this apathy is coming from. We're in the Championship now, the money that fans bring in will actually impact the club without the Sky money coming in.

As for the fans getting what they deserve, I'm sorry but it's pretty much spot on. You reap what you sow, for each action there is a consequence. If you eat rubbish you will get fat, if you smoke you will get some form of lung related malady. Everyone who has continued going to matches has in some way contributed to this outcome. I was one of those fans a few years ago. As an adult you know that sometimes you have to delay gratification now for  something better in the future. If you refuse things won't change, and they haven't. We've ultimately all got what we deserve.

aye, if you keep supporting something that's s***, and it continues to be s*** how can you claim its not deserved?  ridiculous.

If you're going to unconditionally spend money on a s*** product you can't suddenly expect it to be of sound quality. A lot of the fans stand directly in the way of positive change and incentive for the ownership to run it with a view to competing.

You're not "supporting something that's shit" though are you. You're supporting your club, your team, the team you grew up with, the ideal of going to a game and potentially seeing something amazing that you will be talking about all week, the potential of creating some lasting memories, the potential of meeting new people and creating friendships etc etc.

Regardless of Mike Ashley / Lee Charnley there are still A LOT of things about this football club worth supporting. If you want to bail out and believe that that's the best route forward to affect change, then go for it. But don't criticise others for not sharing your view. Football is, after all, about a lot more than just how the team is doing.

You're absolutely right, football is more than the team. So they're also funding the Wonga shirts, the vandalised stadium, the disability discrimination.

There is nothing to be proud of about the club as it exists today. 

True 'support' is putting long term good before a couple of hours shoddy entertainment on a Saturday afternoon. It's a waste of time even discussing this, tbh. It's obvious the fans are too malleable. If they weren't Ashley would have been forced out by now. 9 years ffs.

Guest neesy111

There's a difference between between just supporting the team on a Saturday or the club in general.

True 'support' is putting long term good before a couple of hours shoddy entertainment on a Saturday afternoon. It's a waste of time even discussing this, tbh. It's obvious the fans are too malleable. If they weren't Ashley would have been forced out by now. 9 years ffs.

This is it. Any other 'port' town would have forced him out by now. Liverpool/Glasgow etc.

We used to have more passion, more strength of character than this.

How the fuck is it "high and mighty" to believe that people who keep paying top dollar for a shit product (that they know is shit and which admits its ambition is to be shit) can't complain when they receive a shit product? :lol:

But again thats you're opinion, people have differing opinions, for some people it might not be as easy, they've supported a team since birth, and they want to continue to do that, they want to go to the game and support the team. It's not simply a product to them, it's something people have a connection to, that they hold dear to there heart, so they go to the game with the hope so seeing something memorable, that they can tell there kids one day.

Guest Howaythetoon

Support the team no matter what.....That worked f***ing pricks.

Actually hope a lot of our fans die who did nothing when they had the chance.

These guys where our f***ing saviors and people f***ed them off.

Got the club you deserve.  You know who you are and don't come moaning about going down on here when you are as much to blame

Oh yes they do for keep putting money into the fat c***s pockets.

Absolutely disgusting posts.

All this "getting the club you deserve" bullshit... Why? Because they want to go and support a team that they've supported all their lives? Because they want to (try to) enjoy their usual Saturday routine / day out? You do realise that THE VAST MAJORITY of the match going public are just normal people (parents, grandparents, children) who want to watch a bit of football on a weekend. They're not interested in protesting about this and that, because, quite frankly, they recognise that there's a lot more to life than f***ing football.

And in the end, the majority of protests achieve very little. Sack Pardew, you could argue, de-stabilised his position to the point where he was happy to walk when the opportunity arose, but do you REALLY believe that ANY kind of protest against Ashley (either verbal or a one that hits him in his pocket) is really going to make him go "Ah s***, they don't like me do they? I best be off then". Of course it's not. He has a business to run (very badly it seems), and he's not just going to drop it all and sell up because a bunch of people stop showing up or start shouting at him a bit. That's just not how a businessman like him operates.

Anyway, my point is primarily this... stop f***ing turning on other fans. It's not their fault. It's not a competition. "Look at me, I'm a better fan than you because I stopped going to the games". f*** off. No one sitting in that stadium (with a paid ticket) should take any blame for the position we find ourselves in, and they should not be held accountable because they want to try to enjoy supporting a team that they have supported all their lives.

Grow up!

Bull s***, there is supporting your team and standing up for your team. These f***ers sit down and lap it all up. They truly deserve Championship football because they financially back a club that is Championship standard. And don't give me this normal fans out for a day of footy they are the biggest set of whinging moaning b******s ever, hypocrites. I don't have a problem with bairns going or older folk it's the middle ground who should grow a pair and stop being f***ing stupid. Perfect set of fans for this owner and board because they are f***ing stupid as well. It's like the blind leading the blind.

But again thats you're opinion, people have differing opinions, for some people it might not be as easy, they've supported a team since birth, and they want to continue to do that, they want to go to the game and support the team. It's not simply a product to them, it's something people have a connection to, that they hold dear to there heart, so they go to the game with the hope so seeing something memorable, that they can tell there kids one day.

Yeah, cheers. I was unsure of the concept of being a football supporter before now.

<b>How the f*** is it "high and mighty" to believe that people who keep paying top dollar for a s*** product (that they know is s*** and which admits its ambition is to be s***) can't complain when they receive a s*** product?</b> :lol:

Because, quite frankly Wullie, putting money into Mike Ashley's pocket is NOT a guarantee that you will or should get a shit product, although. Every single season, at the start of the year, there is some level of renewed optimism (whether it's because of a new signing, a new manager, or simply because it's football and in reality anything can happen). No one bought a season ticket this year expecting us to get relegated... not after the money we spent in the summer (although there was the acknowledgment that we'd struggle to some degree without a more proven goalscorer).

When you buy a ticket / season ticket (at any football club other than the elite), you're not paying for the finished product on the pitch. You're paying for the potential of a good game, the potential of a great goal, the matchday experience, a social life etc etc. You are well within your right to complain if the football is shit. Of course you are.

If you're paying for potential, then you have received the supply for your consideration before a ball is kicked. :lol:

Yeah, cheers. I was unsure of the concept of being a football supporter before now.

Thats it instead of having a discussion, go ahead and make shitty little digs :thup:

Guest ElCid

How the f*** is it "high and mighty" to believe that people who keep paying top dollar for a s*** product (that they know is s*** and which admits its ambition is to be s***) can't complain when they receive a s*** product? :lol:

I was a season ticket holder for 40 year but it didn't stop me - when someone is blatantly and willingly totally destroying a club you love then surely as a supporter you want to ensure that change is implemented or at least try and stop that person destroying the club they love. If you continue to turn up, sit like total sheep and continue to put money into the pockets of the person destroying the club; then you deserve everything what happens. As someone said above you reap what you sow.

That's what a team should be, that's what this club used to be to all of us.  But it absolutely is a product now, and that's because Ashley's turned it into one.

Thats it instead of having a discussion, go ahead and make shitty little digs :thup:

How am I supposed to respond to that?

I know what it means to support a club funnily enough - that's why I don't give money to Mike Ashley to fund him running the fucker into the ground.

If the stadium was empty every week, he would soon do one. There's no advertising opportunities to be had from an empty Championship ground, and that's all he's here for.

Oh, right. So that's why you were happy with our football under McClaren and our transfer business in January?

It's a priorities issue which each individual decides IMO.

I personally value the club being successful and true to the values which I believe it ought to represent more than a day out (if I can use that as my nasty pejorative 'catch all'), or the potential of a 6-2 drubbing of an awful Norwich side once a season etc.

If you value a day out more than the club being successful, then your priorities have helped to contribute to the perpetuation of the club being unsuccessful, so in my view it's a bit cheeky to then complain, when you either: a) didn't prioritise the club being successful over your day out or b) didn't know/refuse to accept that there is a correlation between your day out and the club continuing to be run as it is. I've got little sympathy for either category, and frankly, it doesn't sound like they want or need my sympathy. They will continue to have the fantastic days out they've been enjoying for the past 8 years.

Always enjoy discussions about what a football fan 'deserves'. Do Spurs fans DESERVE to watch a quality team? Do Crewe fans DESERVE to watch an awful one?

No football fan deserves anything when they buy a ticket to watch their local club. Load of fucking nonsense.