Newcastle United 2 - 3 Swansea City - 25/04/15 - Post-match reaction from pg 17

Dave

Ashley does what he does because he knows that the people currently attending will continue to attend, sit in silence, give him no stick and meekly put up with it whilst still stuffing money into the coffers that's never going to be used. He's exploiting their loyalty and it's allowing him to cntinue to abuse the football club as an entity.

Until people walk away en masse nothing will change. They can play the 'thick and thin' card as often as they fucking like. Until they summon up the courage to make a stand and do something then the club they think so much of will continue to be treated like a piece of shit on Ashley's Dunlops.

People are understandably focusing on us having lost 7 in a row but going back to the middle of December we're on a run of:

P19 W3 D3 L13 F19 A39

12 points from half a season's worth of league matches, scoring one goal a game and conceding double. Dunno how anyone can say that Pardew/Carver/the players can't be doing better than this and keep a straight face. The whole lot of them are fucking useless.

The people who think that showing up is about supporting the team seem spectacularly short-sighted to me.

We're run by a ruthless business man who will only interpret a nearly full stadium one way.

'No need to panic, the mugs are still coming. Show signs of superficial change in the summer and business as usual next year'.

One of the most disturbing things to me is Ashley barely needs to silence the press or employ odious people like Bishop, half the stadium does that job for him when those voicing discontent are told to shut up and sit down.

Ashley does what he does because he knows that the people currently attending will continue to attend, sit in silence, give him no stick and meekly put up with it whilst still stuffing money into the coffers that's never going to be used. He's exploiting their loyalty and it's allowing him to cntinue to abuse the football club as an entity.

Until people walk away en masse nothing will change. They can play the 'thick and thin' card as often as they fucking like. Until they summon up the courage to make a stand and do something then the club they think so much of will continue to be treated like a piece of shit on Ashley's Dunlops.

Yes.

On the issue of fans still turning up to support the team despite wanting Ashley out, the view of Gabriel Marcotti on the Times podcast earlier this week was worth hearing:

"I struggle to understand that. To me that's like 'here is my udder, go ahead and milk me Mike'. If you care about the team, if you care about the club, if you're aware of the fact that this is basically an interloper and you assume that the club will still be there once he's gone, you almost have a duty not to go. You're basically crossing a picket line. I can't even begin to relate to that sort of fan. I find it pathetic."

There's 2 lads who sit a couple of rows in front of me who travel up from London, they were there today, they came up for Spurs game, but like me, they didn't go to that game.

It's a right dilemma for some of us. It doesn't help when people tell them what they should be doing. I've no problem in staying away but it needs even more focus. There's loads of match going fans who really don't believe things will change.

If Ashleout.com can get media support it'll ceraintly help. For those watching on streams could you not hearings 34th minute singing or see the fans standing? the fact that there is division within the fans without Ashley having to do anything will be music to his ears. He'll be laughing his tits off.

On the issue of fans still turning up to support the team despite wanting Ashley out, the view of Gabriel Marcotti on the Times podcast earlier this week was worth hearing:

"I struggle to understand that. To me that's like 'here is my udder, go ahead and milk me Mike'. If you care about the team, if you care about the club, if you're aware of the fact that this is basically an interloper and you assume that the club will still be there once he's gone, you almost have a duty not to go. You're basically crossing a picket line. I can't even begin to relate to that sort of fan. I find it pathetic."

Great quote that.

There's 2 lads who sit a couple of rows in front of me who travel up from London, they were there today, they came up for Spurs game, but like me, they didn't go to that game.

It's a right dilemma for some of us. It doesn't help when people tell them what they should be doing. I've no problem in staying away but it needs even more focus. There's loads of match going fans who really don't believe things will change.

If Ashleout.com can get media support it'll ceraintly help. For those watching on streams could you not hearings 34th minute singing or see the fans standing? the fact that there is division within the fans without Ashley having to do anything will be music to his ears. He'll be laughing his tits off.

Was covered fairly extensively on the feed I was watching, yeah.

Sat at home watching this today and wasn't remotely bothered that I didn't go to the match, not going for rest of season now. Even when Swansea scored I just shrugged and really didn't care - in fact I think I wanted them to lose again and reckon we will get relegated.

I need to look at cancelling my season ticket but missed the deadline, assume I can cancel anyway and save myself £500(think I have paid 100 so far)

I tell you what, there's some f***ing no nowt arseholes on here having a go at fans who are still attending.

It's easy to have a go when you've never went but it's a little different for those who've gone for years through thick and thin.

Labelling people as the silent problem who go and effectively support the regime is insulting.

This will gain momentum, as fans we need to stick together an respect individual choice. I'll be honest, if I'd gone against Spurs and some knacker had called me a Scab I'd have told them to f*** off and gone today in spite of Ashley.

agree with this 100% got to take the rough with the smooth.

We weren't too bad going forward today but shocking at the back.

"We weren't too bad going forward today"?? The football has fuck all to do with it, it's the fucking circus we've turned into, you need to get your head around the fact that it's not about losing matches and playing shit. Everyone could handle that if we were a genuinely shit team with little money to spend. Unless you support Ashley and agree with how he's running the club, he's the one we need to stand up to and going along to "support the lads" is indirectly telling him he's fine to keep doing what he's doing. You're supporting Ashley by proxy if you're not standing against him, whether you mean to or not

The football is all I'm fucking interested in.

There was a bit noise and a few chants but to be honest I didn't know that there was going to be anything planned for the 34th minute.

Sat at home watching this today and wasn't remotely bothered that I didn't go to the match, not going for rest of season now. Even when Swansea scored I just shrugged and really didn't care - in fact I think I wanted them to lose again and reckon we will get relegated.

I need to look at cancelling my season ticket but missed the deadline, assume I can cancel anyway and save myself £500(think I have paid 100 so far)

Yep I did the same this time last year, lost some money but it was worth it.

I tell you what, there's some f***ing no nowt arseholes on here having a go at fans who are still attending.

It's easy to have a go when you've never went but it's a little different for those who've gone for years through thick and thin.

Labelling people as the silent problem who go and effectively support the regime is insulting.

This will gain momentum, as fans we need to stick together an respect individual choice. I'll be honest, if I'd gone against Spurs and some knacker had called me a Scab I'd have told them to f*** off and gone today in spite of Ashley.

agree with this 100% got to take the rough with the smooth.

We weren't too bad going forward today but shocking at the back.

"We weren't too bad going forward today"?? The football has fuck all to do with it, it's the fucking circus we've turned into, you need to get your head around the fact that it's not about losing matches and playing shit. Everyone could handle that if we were a genuinely shit team with little money to spend. Unless you support Ashley and agree with how he's running the club, he's the one we need to stand up to and going along to "support the lads" is indirectly telling him he's fine to keep doing what he's doing. You're supporting Ashley by proxy if you're not standing against him, whether you mean to or not

The football is all I'm fucking interested in.

Don't we know it, you're the type that just wants a couple of hours out the house away from the wife. Not sure what you're doing on here antagonising real fans, mind.

Again I agree with both bits in bold.

I want to go to the match and will not be told whether I can or can't.

I also think it will make no difference as there isn't anyone with the financial muscle needed to both buy him out and then make us kick on.

Ashley does what he does because he knows that the people currently attending will continue to attend, sit in silence, give him no stick and meekly put up with it whilst still stuffing money into the coffers that's never going to be used. He's exploiting their loyalty and it's allowing him to continue to abuse the football club as an entity.

That is the crux of it. Newcastle having strong crowds has always been something to be proud of. Until now.

Which is why simply not pumping in money and not going is the only way.

I hate to have a go at fellow fans, but I have no time at all for people sitting their quietly and putting up with this s***. If that's you, you are in effect complicit in what's happening at the club.

Don't we know it, you're the type that just wants a couple of hours out the house away from the wife. Not sure what you're doing on here antagonising real fans, mind.

1. It's better than watching Britain's Got Talent.

2.I am a real fan, I actually go through thick and thin whether we're good or bad.

Ashley does what he does because he knows that the people currently attending will continue to attend, sit in silence, give him no stick and meekly put up with it whilst still stuffing money into the coffers that's never going to be used. He's exploiting their loyalty and it's allowing him to continue to abuse the football club as an entity.

That is the crux of it. Newcastle having strong crowds has always been something to be proud of. Until now.

Which is why simply not pumping in money and not going is the only way.

If you have a season ticket he's already got your money.

Well I don't :lol:

Ideally, I would love to go every game though.

2.I am a real fan, I actually go through thick and thin whether we're good or bad.

This is different to going to support a team that just happens to be shit.

It's not just that we're bad though. For the vast majority of football fans things are normally bad, thanks to the constraints of their resources.

This Newcastle United actively chooses to be bad.

This "through thick and thin" bollocks is exactly that. I'd quite happily go and watch us play every week in the Conference, if we were actively trying to win promotion. I'd quite happily go and watch the current team in the Premier League if they weren't just simply trying to survive and not attempt to avoid getting into Europe/going on a Cup run.