Newcastle United 2 - 3 Swansea City - 25/04/15 - Post-match reaction from pg 17

Dave

Guest neesy111

This "through thick and thin" bollocks is exactly that. I'd quite happily go and watch us play every week in the Conference, if we were actively trying to win promotion. I'd quite happily go and watch the current team in the Premier League if they weren't just simply trying to survive and not attempt to avoid getting into Europe/going on a Cup run.

:thup:

Guest strongbow69

Ashley does what he does because he knows that the people currently attending will continue to attend, sit in silence, give him no stick and meekly put up with it whilst still stuffing money into the coffers that's never going to be used. He's exploiting their loyalty and it's allowing him to continue to abuse the football club as an entity.

That is the crux of it. Newcastle having strong crowds has always been something to be proud of. Until now.

Which is why simply not pumping in money and not going is the only way.

If you have a season ticket he's already got your money.

He,s got your money but he doesnt need to have you servilely compliant, going to the game is a social event for many. A part of the week that constanly changes how you feel and yet you always feel the same, belonging. The boycotts can be the same if you attend them, if you do go to the match, take a leaflet and dont hand it over to a fucked over minimum wage zero hour steward ..... I doubt theyre happy either. This club is a mess and we need to take it back.

Ashley does what he does because he knows that the people currently attending will continue to attend, sit in silence, give him no stick and meekly put up with it whilst still stuffing money into the coffers that's never going to be used. He's exploiting their loyalty and it's allowing him to continue to abuse the football club as an entity.

That is the crux of it. Newcastle having strong crowds has always been something to be proud of. Until now.

He,s got your money but he doesnt need to have you servilely compliant, going to the game is a social event for many. A part of the week that constanly changes how you feel and yet you always feel the same, belonging. The boycotts can be the same if you attend them, if you do go to the match, take a leaflet and dont hand it over to a fucked over minimum wage zero hour steward ..... I doubt theyre happy either. This club is a mess and we need to take it back.

I never saw anyone handing out leaflets on my way to the ground tbh.

Saw loads of kids using them as paper airplanes during the game though.

I always use this analogy: loyalty to this incarnation of NUFC is like declaring undying loyalty to your wife whilst you can hear her through the wall getting knocked off by the next door neighbour.

There's a line to be drawn in any situation, a point where you have to say "That's it, I'm not having the piss taken out of me any more."

Completely ruling out doing so under any circumstances shows a mind-boggling lack of self respect.

I always use this analogy: loyalty to this incarnation of NUFC is like declaring undying loyalty to your wife whilst you can hear her through the wall getting knocked off by the next door neighbour.

There's a line to be drawn in any situation, a point where you have to say "That's it, I'm not having the piss taken out of me any more."

Completely ruling out doing so under any circumstances shows a mind-boggling lack of self respect.

That's utter bollocks.

There's thousands of football fans all over the country who love going to watch their football club and have done since they were small children.

It's in their blood and despite how bad things get simply cannot stop doing it.

That's utter bollocks.

There's thousands of football fans all over the country who love going to watch their football club and have done since they were small children.

Yeah, they're sheep with no self-respect and you're one of them.

Hehe, I can imagine on 34mins today, Ujpest was sat in his seat eating his match pie saying...

"Howay lads sit down man... it won't make any difference, he already has ya money... I cant see the match, for all those banners no-one was handing out!"

:fool:

That's utter bollocks.

Yeah, they're sheep with no self respect and you're one of them.

No we're not.

We're people who've grown up loving their football and supporting their football club whether they're good or bad.

It's a hobby that we all enjoy.

Supporting your club though thick and thin is not necessarily a bad mindset to have.

What that really means is just getting completely lost here. This isn't our club.

Guest chopey

There's a line to be drawn in any situation, a point where you have to say "That's it, I'm not having the p*ss taken out of me any more."

That's utter bollocks.

Serious question, do you want change or are you happy with the way things are going ? I'm genuinely not meaning to be a dick but I'd be interested to here the views of a fan that supports the regime because this forum can get very pro protest at times

Hehe, I can imagine on 34mins today, Ujpest was sat in his seat eating his match pie saying...

"Howay lads sit down man... it won't make any difference, he already has ya money... I cant see the match, for all those banners no-one was handing out!"

:fool:

I don't buy food in the ground and there was no one stood up around me anyway.

No we're not.

We're people who've grown up loving their football and supporting their football club whether they're good or bad.

You enjoy that shite?  We don't even try to compete, we are only interested in staying in the division, nothing more.

No we're not.

You enjoy that shite?  We don't even try to compete, we are only interested in staying in the division, nothing more.

We aren't doing a very good job of that at the minute due to schoolboy defending.

part of the enjoyment is shouting and bawling at the players anyway, always has been.

The way the club is run behind the scenes is akin to deliberately kicking the ball into your own net once every so often, just because you think the supporters are wankers and it will be funny to aggravate them.

Not Ujpest though. He just loves seeing anyone in a black and white shirt score.

Guest Spark

That's utter bollocks.

No we're not.

Good or bad doesn't even come into it, man. As others have pointed out, we've been shite for most of our history. This is about someone taking away the things you love about the club, the things that made you want to go to the match in the first place.

That's utter bollocks.

No we're not.

Good or bad doesn't even come into it, man. As others have pointed out, we've been shite for most of our history. This is about someone taking away the things you love about the club, the things that made you want to go to the match in the first place.

Such as what?

There's a line to be drawn in any situation, a point where you have to say "That's it, I'm not having the p*ss taken out of me any more."

That's utter bollocks.

No we're not.

Good or bad doesn't even come into it, man. As others have pointed out, we've been s**** for most of our history. This is about someone taking away the things you love about the club, the things that made you want to go to the match in the first place.

Nail on head.

Since my first match in 1988, I've seen us relegated twice, promoted twice and never win owt.

But in most of those 27 years, you always felt the club wanted to do better, and even win something - despite having some dodgy players like Frank Pingel, Des Hamilton or Silvio Maric.

Now, its about one thing only - trying to stay in the top flight, simply to promote S****D*****.com at the highest level, whilst maintaining the lowest net spend possible.

If that is the club that the likes of Ujpest want to support simply for their day out/hobby, then they are welcome to it.

No we're not.

We aren't doing a very good job of that at the minute due to schoolboy defending.

part of the enjoyment is shouting and bawling at the players anyway, always has been.

Sounds like american wrestling basically then. Shite.

He,s got your money but he doesnt need to have you servilely compliant, going to the game is a social event for many. A part of the week that constanly changes how you feel and yet you always feel the same, belonging. The boycotts can be the same if you attend them, if you do go to the match, take a leaflet and dont hand it over to a f***ed over minimum wage zero hour steward ..... I doubt theyre happy either. This club is a mess and we need to take it back.

I never saw anyone handing out leaflets on my way to the ground tbh.

Saw loads of kids using them as paper airplanes during the game though.

Clearly on the wind up here, the quoted comment above is inciting and purposefully provocative. You're wrong in so many ways but I truly believe you're fully aware of that. I won't keep pointing out why and I won't entertain any more of your bullshit, good luck, you deserve all you get from Ashley and his cronies.

Guest Spark

That's utter bollocks.

No we're not.

Such as what?

Exciting football, tradition, the hope (albeit slim) of winning something. All of these and more have been neglected or actively shit upon by Ashley. We don't even try to compete anymore. The club has admitted this. If you continue to go to the match then unfortunately you are agreeing with the way the club is being run.

That's utter bollocks.

No we're not.

Good or bad doesn't even come into it, man. As others have pointed out, we've been s**** for most of our history. This is about someone taking away the things you love about the club, the things that made you want to go to the match in the first place.

Such as what?

Exciting football, tradition, the hope (albeit slim) of winning something. All of these and more have been neglected or actively s*** upon by Ashley. We don't even try to compete anymore. The club has admitted this. If you continue to go to the match then unfortunately you are agreeing with the way the club is being run.

O0 It's absolutely baffling that people still can't seem to understand this, I mean do people actually think all the protests etc... is simply down to the fact that we're shite? There's a much bigger picture.