Squad for the Championship

Jesse Pinkman

Last time Mike Ashley got us relegated he had the cheek to complain that he had to put in £25m of his own money to cover the costs. You own the club and it was your decisions that got us relegated! He'll go into full on cost cutting mode again (even more than he already does).

Can you imagine the state of our squad next season if we're relegated?

Tim Krul - Will be sold and he'd demand to leave anyway.

Fabricio Coloccini - Last year of contract. NUFC will want him off the wage bill.

Ryan Taylor - Out of contract.

Mike Williamson - Last year of contract.

Moussa Sissoko - Will be sold and he'd demand to leave anyway.

Vurnon Anita - 2 years to run on his contract. We'll be stuck with him.

Papiss Demba Cissé - Will be sold and he'd demand to leave anyway.

Siem De Jong - I can't see him wanting to play in the Championship.

Yoan Gouffran - 2 years to run on his contract. We'll be stuck with him.

Jack Colback - Will he want to stay? Could be sold for 100% profit.

Rolando Aarons - Could be sold if he ever gets fit.

Ayoze Perez - Will he want to stay?

Jonas Gutierrez - Out of Contract.

Massadio Haidara - He'd probably stay.

Remy Cabella - Will he want to stay? He'd be sold at a huge loss.

Rob Elliot - 1 year left on his contract.

Daryl Janmaat - Will be sold and he'd demand to leave anyway.

Haris Vučkić - Could be handy in the Championship if his Rangers form translates.

Cheick Tiote - Will be sold and he'd demand to leave anyway.

Gabriel Obertan - 1 year left on his contract. He'll stay as we're stuck with him.

Steven Taylor - 1 year left on his contract. He'll probably stay. He's always injured so which club would buy him?

Sammy Ameobi - Out of contract. He'd be mad to stay if he can get a move to West Brom, Real Sociedad, etc.

Emmanuel Riviere - I wonder if he'll be able to score goals in the Championship?

Mehdi Abeid - 1 year left on his contract. He'll probably stay.

Adam Armstrong - Carver suggested loaning him out to a Championship club. He'll probably get to learn his trade at NUFC.

Paul Dummett - He'll probably stay.

Karl Darlow - Welcome to the club. 1st choice goal keeper?

Jamaal Lascelles - Welcome to the club.

Sylvain Marveaux - 1 year left on his contract. He'll probably be sold if a buyer can be found.

As for who will be manager, it's terrifying to wonder who they'd appoint.

Guest chicken little

if you look at our squad now, can you imagine the bargain bucket shite we'd be left with after a year in the championship? or two?

Conjo got some grief, but he was right all along :lol:

Grief was deserved though, it was only October and we would have been safe without the best coach in the world stepping in :lol:

I don't think we'd have been safe with Pardew at all. I think we could've easily been in as much trouble. Who says we wouldn't go on one of those crazy long runs of not winning  a game under Pardew?

Guest Roger Kint

Conjo got some grief, but he was right all along :lol:

Grief was deserved though, it was only October and we would have been safe without the best coach in the world stepping in :lol:

I don't think we'd have been safe with Pardew at all. I think we could've easily been in as much trouble. Who says we wouldn't go on one of those crazy long runs of not winning  a game under Pardew?

Sorry like but to say we wouldnt have got at least 4 points more? Not having that bollocks

Pardew had a record in breaking records for us, so you never know. It is not impossible, to put it like that.

That being said, I doubt we wouldn't have got at least 4 points more as well, so I sort of disagree with myself now, even though I might end up having been right... :lol:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Selling as soon as we go down would be stupid. We could loan Sissoko, Cabella and Krul out like QPR did with Remy to increase their value before selliing  :whistle:

Guest Roger Kint

Selling as soon as we go down would be stupid. We could loan Sissoko, Cabella and Krul out like QPR did with Remy to increase their value before selliing  :whistle:

Think Remy getting possible jail time for rape and a £100k per week wage had a minor part to play on why they didnt sell him mind.....

The defence is an absolute mess whichever division we are playing in.

Last time we went down, I don't think we bought a single play in the summer, we did invest in January on Willo and Routledge, but this time we have to do something in the summer, the squad being left behind is simply not  good enough even for that division.

Willo has surely played his last game for us, I would be shocked if Colo is back for the final year of his contract, yu can't rely on Saylor for a whole season, so that leaves Laschelles and Dummet as the only senior players they have at CB. Assuming there is not a change in their apparent lack of trust in Satka and Streete.

Janmaat isn't playing in the championship, so we need at least one RB probably two. Haidara is made of paper too, so relying on him for a full season is a bit risky, Dummet has other commitments at CB, so we need another LB too.

No one is going to buy Colback or Anita. Abeid, and Tiote will be sold, so we are light in CM, I expect the idiots to give Raylor an extension, and possibly Jonas too, if so there won't be another CM coming in. Vuckic adds a wild card to their plans, surely they will keep him at this level considering what he did at Rangers, Kemen too seems to be coming along, we also have Bigi too although he may have talked himself out of a future with the club.

We are fortunate in many ways that Aarons has missed so much of the season, no one will buy him now, so he stays. The Championship means another contract for Sammy, with Gouffran and Jonas, they'll not look to strengthen LW at all. We've also got Marveaux coming back too

Obertan could shine in that league,  that'll be Carver's thinking for sure, and no one would buy him anyways. Since we are stacked at LW, doubt they will see a need for another RW. Maybe if they get offered a loan player, that's best we can hope for here.

Up front, Cisse and Perez are as good as gone, Rivierre and Armstrong backed up by Roberts, could be the extent of our strike force. That would be folly in the extremely, we need at least another one. I expect they'll bring in a freebie "past his prime" or a loan from the PL.

Going down is really shit guys, those thinking it will be fun like last time will be sadly disappointed, enjoy Raylor, Sammy and Obertan. Possibly even Willo getting a reprieve !!

The thing is all their scouting has been based on looking for players to play in the Premier League.  Those lists will have to be torn up and they will need to start again and knowing how long it takes them to make their mind up, how are they going to cope?

Will they still look abroad?  Have we already scouted any players that would be suitable for the Championship.  I would also expect English clubs to put the prices up for any players we might be interested in as everyone knows we have loads of cash in the bank.  And there will not be enough time to hold the moral high ground and walk away from deals before the season kicks off again.

Their recruitment in the Summer would be very interesting if we go down.  Mind you they have to find a manager first.

What a mess they have got themselves into.

Imagine being Lacselles and Darlow, man.  'Yay, we get to play Brentford again this season' :lol:

:lol: Except they won't, as Brentford will be in the PL and we in the Championship.

The defence is an absolute mess whichever division we are playing in.

Last time we went down, I don't think we bought a single play in the summer, we did invest in January on Willo and Routledge, but this time we have to do something in the summer, the squad being left behind is simply not  good enough even for that division.

Willo has surely played his last game for us, I would be shocked if Colo is back for the final year of his contract, yu can't rely on Saylor for a whole season, so that leaves Laschelles and Dummet as the only senior players they have at CB. Assuming there is not a change in their apparent lack of trust in Satka and Streete.

Janmaat isn't playing in the championship, so we need at least one RB probably two. Haidara is made of paper too, so relying on him for a full season is a bit risky, Dummet has other commitments at CB, so we need another LB too.

No one is going to buy Colback or Anita. Abeid, and Tiote will be sold, so we are light in CM, I expect the idiots to give Raylor an extension, and possibly Jonas too, if so there won't be another CM coming in. Vuckic adds a wild card to their plans, surely they will keep him at this level considering what he did at Rangers, Kemen too seems to be coming along, we also have Bigi too although he may have talked himself out of a future with the club.

We are fortunate in many ways that Aarons has missed so much of the season, no one will buy him now, so he stays. The Championship means another contract for Sammy, with Gouffran and Jonas, they'll not look to strengthen LW at all. We've also got Marveaux coming back too

Obertan could shine in that league,  that'll be Carver's thinking for sure, and no one would buy him anyways. Since we are stacked at LW, doubt they will see a need for another RW. Maybe if they get offered a loan player, that's best we can hope for here.

Up front, Cisse and Perez are as good as gone, Rivierre and Armstrong backed up by Roberts, could be the extent of our strike force. That would be folly in the extremely, we need at least another one. I expect they'll bring in a freebie "past his prime" or a loan from the PL.

Going down is really shit guys, those thinking it will be fun like last time will be sadly disappointed, enjoy Raylor, Sammy and Obertan. Possibly even Willo getting a reprieve !!

we got in Simpson on loan iirc in the summer and Lovenkrands came back but that barely counts.

• 10 months later...

Who are certainties to leave?

- Janmaat will be off anyway.

- Mbemba - would like to think he'd stay and form a good understanding with Lascelles but guess he's on big money.

- Taylor - would probably be released due to wage demands/contract status.

- Krul - probably been looking at going for a while truth be told.

- Perez - a cert to be sold imho.

- Riviere - no loss.

- Gouffran - no loss.

- Cisse - see Krul.

- Tiote - see Cisse and Krul.

- Colo - see Cisse, Krul and Tiote.

- Aarons - probably off anyway imho.

- Mitro - you get the feeling that he'd accept a bit of responsibility and want to put right this season. Whether club would keep him remains to be seen.

One thing is for sure, if the club are expecting a fire sale and to generate a big lump of money, then they might be in for a shock as there's not too much value there.

Also, when you look at the number of established players who clearly aren't happy and/or wouldn't be arsed to go that might give a pretty big hint as to why we're in the current predicament.

Elliot

New RB - Taylor - Lascelles - Dummett

Townsend - New CM - Colback - Aarons

Armstrong - Mitrovic

Should walk the championship next season

Darlow

New RB - Dummett - Lascelles - Haidara

Townsend - Shelvey - Saivet - Aarons

Armstrong - Mitrovic

Imo

The following would all be gone:

Krul, Janmaat, Coloccini, Mbemba, Sissoko, Gouffran, Marveaux (?) Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Townsend, Perez, Cisse and De Jong.

I have doubts about one or two of them but think that's pretty much worse case scenario.

A little piece of me and maybe my naívety thinks Mitro would stay and would be pretty boss in the Championship. Armstrong would come back and play alongside him and we'd end up with probably Pearson as manager.

Not sure who else we'd get in, but I reckon the team would probably look something like this:

Elliott

Mbabu Taylor Lascelles Dummett

Obertan (?) Colback Anita Aarons

Mitro Armstrong