Mitro Armstrong

Break though seasons for:

Roberts

Gilliead

Gillesphey

Saivet

Toney

The following would all be gone:

Krul, Janmaat, Coloccini, Mbemba, Sissoko, Gouffran, Marveaux (?) Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Townsend, Perez, Cisse and De Jong.

I have doubts about one or two of them but think that's pretty much worse case scenario.

A little piece of me and maybe my naívety thinks Mitro would stay and would be pretty boss in the Championship. Armstrong would come back and play alongside him and we'd end up with probably Pearson as manager.

Not sure who else we'd get in, but I reckon the team would probably look something like this:

Elliott

Mbabu Taylor Lascelles Dummett

Obertan (?) Colback Anita Aarons

Mitro Armstrong

I forgot a few on your list of 'goers'. I think Shelvey would stay, he's been quoted as saying he'd want to, but I guess the club may feel the need to cash in.

I think Townsend would stay also.

I'm fairly sure Anita would go. Same for Saivet.

Agree on Mitro, gut feel is that he'd like to stay.

The gutting thing is that there is no way NUFC would pay Rafa's money in the championship and he'd be the biggest loss of all. Literally, the only glimmer of hope throughout pretty much the entire Ashley era and we'd lose him for the sake of a few million and him wanting to work for the club. That would never happen under an ambitious board/owner.

I'd sell any player if I thought that money would contribute to Rafa staying.

The following would all be gone:

Krul, Janmaat, Coloccini, Mbemba, Sissoko, Gouffran, Marveaux (?) Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Townsend, Perez, Cisse and De Jong.

I have doubts about one or two of them but think that's pretty much worse case scenario.

A little piece of me and maybe my naívety thinks Mitro would stay and would be pretty boss in the Championship. Armstrong would come back and play alongside him and we'd end up with probably Pearson as manager.

Not sure who else we'd get in, but I reckon the team would probably look something like this:

Elliott

Mbabu Taylor Lascelles Dummett

Obertan (?) Colback Anita Aarons

Mitro Armstrong

I forgot a few on your list of 'goers'. I think Shelvey would stay, he's been quoted as saying he'd want to, but I guess the club may feel the need to cash in.

I think Townsend would stay also.

I'm fairly sure Anita would go. Same for Saivet.

Agree on Mitro, gut feel is that he'd like to stay.

The gutting thing is that there is no way NUFC would pay Rafa's money in the championship and he'd be the biggest loss of all. Literally, the only glimmer of hope throughout pretty much the entire Ashley era and we'd lose him for the sake of a few million and him wanting to work for the club. That would never happen under an ambitious board/owner.

I'd sell any player if I thought that money would contribute to Rafa staying.

Aye, I wasn't so certain on Shelvey leaving like and think he'd be massive for us to keep.

I'd probably about Benitez though.

The one thing we need to do is ensure we act quickly in the window if we do go down. Get everything in place immediately and start afresh.

If and when we go down we're going to be gasping for some bigger, stronger players for the set-pieces that so much of that shitty league is based around.

I think the only certainties to go would be Janmaat, Gini, Sissoko and Perez all of whom are replaceable pretty easily at that level.

Big sales will be Sissoko, Krul, Janmaat, Wijnaldum, Perez, Tiote and Cisse - to be honest, a lot of those won't really be missed!

Marveaux, Taylor and Gouffran will go to ease the wage bill. Unsure about Shelvey and Townsend, but I'd like to think we can keep Mbemba, Mitrovic, Anita and De Jong.

What's left is a decent squad full of Championship-level players and a few who are arguably too good for that division. Just need to add some good players and plenty of back-up, maybe a few loan deals like last time.

GK:    Elliot, Darlow, Woodman

DEF:  Mbemba, Lascelles, Coloccini, Dummett, Haidara, Mbabu

MID:  Shelvey, Townsend, Colback, Anita, Obertan, Aarons, Saivet, Ameobi

FOR:  Mitrovic, De Jong, Armstrong, Riviere

I wonder how long it will take them to appoint a manager especially if the promised review takes place and Charnley's position is genuinely at risk as has been reported.

How much scouting of the lower leagues have we done to be able to sign players quickly.

There will be no time for them to waste and they don't like to do things quickly.

Even selling players promptly will probably be a problem because of the Euros and we may well need the cash in before we buy.

Perez will probably be here at the start of the season because Spurs don't sign players until the transfer deadline!

I wonder if De Jong would stay. I'm sure he'd be in demand but he seems a bit honourable and may feel he owes us something. Obviously his wages may prove prohibitive but we kept Enrique, Colo, Nolan, Barton and Jonas last time we went down. A team like the below would be very competitive and would still allow for plenty of money to be made via Krul, Janmaat, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita and Cisse.

Darlow

RIGHT BACK

Taylor/Lascelles

CENTRE BACK

Dummett/Haidara

Abeid

Colback

De Jong

Perez/Cabella

Aarons

STRIKER

Might be a slight problem here...

I wonder if De Jong would stay. I'm sure he'd be in demand but he seems a bit honourable and may feel he owes us something. Obviously his wages may prove prohibitive but we kept Enrique, Colo, Nolan, Barton and Jonas last time we went down. A team like the below would be very competitive and would still allow for plenty of money to be made via Krul, Janmaat, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita and Cisse.

Darlow

RIGHT BACK

Taylor/Lascelles

CENTRE BACK

Dummett/Haidara

Abeid

Colback

De Jong

Perez/Cabella

Aarons

STRIKER

Might be a slight problem here...

Yeah - it's a post from last May for one.

Big sales will be Sissoko, Krul, Janmaat, Wijnaldum, Perez, Tiote and Cisse - to be honest, a lot of those won't really be missed!

Marveaux, Taylor and Gouffran will go to ease the wage bill. Unsure about Shelvey and Townsend, but I'd like to think we can keep Mbemba, Mitrovic, Anita and De Jong.

What's left is a decent squad full of Championship-level players and a few who are arguably too good for that division. Just need to add some good players and plenty of back-up, maybe a few loan deals like last time.

DEF:  Mbemba, Lascelles, Coloccini, Dummett, Haidara, Mbabu

MID:  Shelvey, Townsend, Colback, Anita, Obertan, Aarons, Saivet, Ameobi

FOR:  Mitrovic, De Jong, Armstrong, Riviere

Colo will go this time. De Jong would be earning too much money for the Championship and Saivet would go imho.

I'd be amazed if we kept Riviere but stranger things have happened.

DEF:  Mbemba, Lascelles, NEW GUYS x2, Dummett, Haidara, Mbabu

MID:  Shelvey, Townsend, Colback, Anita, Saivet, Ameobi, 2x NEW GUYS

FOR:  Mitrovic, Armstrong, NEW GUYS x2

Is how I see it.

Colo would go this time imo.

Key will be the manager and we may have to think and accept the unthinkable in the short term.

Is how I see it.

Key will be the manager and we may have to think and accept the unthinkable in the short term.

Isn't Woodman out of contract too?

If this had been bumped the day before Rafa signed it would in some weird way be fun to make a semi-realistic championship squad combined with some hope to see how we could "reset" and start over again like last time. Now though I just desperately hope we stay up in order to keep Rafa.

If we go down, I hope we manage to keep Mitrovic, Perez, Aarons, Mbemba, Lascelles, Armstrong and Mbabu. Those are the players I see with a potential to be better than what we can attract even when being in the premier league, and a full season in the championship might actually do more good than harm for their development.

All the others are replaceable and not likely to get any better than they are today.

Is how I see it.

Isn't Woodman out of contract too?

Thought it was a 3 year deal up to 2017/18 he signed ? May well be wrong.

Can't see us keeping both Elliot and Darlow.  One of them will choose to leave.  It is one thing being the 2nd keeper at a Premier League club but why would Darlow want to stay to be second choice when he has already been first choice for a Championship club.  Woodman could fill that role.  I am not sure why they have not loaned him out again since Darlow returned to fitness.