Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Aye it makes no sense to say its more likely he will sell after relegation when theres no offers now never mind when we lose about 75% of our income and are left with bare bones. Why would the £250m offers flood in then?

I think it's a way of coping with relegation. Aye, it's shit, but we'll sell the club and things will get better. But they won't. It'll be like last time, go with what we have with minimal investment, only this time what we have isn't as committed.

Guest Roger Kint

I think it's a way of coping with relegation. Aye, it's shit, but we'll sell the club and things will get better. But they won't. It'll be like last time, go with what we have with minimal investment, only this time what we have isn't as committed.

Well it comes down to Ashley either writing off £150m to sell or funding the club by £20m or so trying to get promoted. I wonder what the scrooge businessman will do?

Depends what you think is more likely surely.

1: Ashley accepts a loss &/or an investor sees potential in Newcastle in a lower division.

2: Mike Ashley randomly decides to sell a premiership club earning him a fortune for no reason whatsoever.

Depends what you think is more likely surely.

1: Ashley accepts a loss &/or an investor sees potential in Newcastle in a lower division.

2: Mike Ashley randomly decides to sell a premiership club earning him a fortune for no reason whatsoever.

Regarding point 2, there is a reason and since the turn of the year we've seen it. There's the risk that by investing little into the staff and playing side of the club, you can slip off the gravy train.

Aye it makes no sense to say its more likely he will sell after relegation when theres no offers now never mind when we lose about 75% of our income and are left with bare bones. Why would the £250m offers flood in then?

There are no offers now because the PL Gravy Train inflates the value effectively the purchase price will take into account future revenues. After a few years in lower leagues the value of the club will be far below £250m and it is likely to represent a good investment opportunity. For the life of me, unless the football bubble bursts I can see no reason for Mike Ashley to sell a Premier League Club. I can also see little reason to buy it.

I don't want NUFC to be relegated. That said it's what the club deserves and I am firmly of the view that Ashley is more likely to sell a club outside of the Premier League. Voted yes.

So you do want NUFC to be relegated then?

Want suggests a willing or desire. I don't want it to happen but I fear it is a necessary evil.

Guest Roger Kint

There are no offers now because the PL Gravy Train inflates the value effectively the purchase price will take into account future revenues. After a few years in lower leagues the value of the club will be far below £250m and it is likely to represent a good investment opportunity. For the life of me, unless the football bubble bursts I can see no reason for Mike Ashley to sell a Premier League Club. I can also see little reason to buy it.

You dont know that the price is more than the £250m he originally put in. Thats purely guesswork, i agree theres no reason he will go unless the fans make it impossible for him(yeah right) but i still dont think he will suddenly throw away a fortune either on relegation.

If relegation meant Ashley sells up (eventually) yes.

if relegation meant Ashley has more difficulty selling us, or scares off would-be buyers, then, no.

A buyer would likely do the full-scale clear out we need/desire, and re-energize the club and the supporters.

I personally, from a position of only being able to follow matches via the TV, would not really support a relegation b/c I'd not be able to see us play so easily over here. But, having said that, my decision is based solely on Ashley fucking off.

What's interesting about this question is how it confirms my complete disillusionment with English football; as opposed to just NUFC. The wrench of being away from the top league would hurt - but then, the league is an institution I'm starting to detest. I barely even want to be a part of it, regardless of Newcastle's situation.

I don't know what the fuck I want, really. I agree with Midds' sentiments regarding relegation forcing change of some description, as opposed to the sheer predictability of another year in the Premier League. Maybe that puts me in favour of relegation.

the only reason Ashley going to sell the club is due to huge fans pressure, like the riots during that relegation period.  And only another relegation could wake up the cunts in St James Park that Newcastle will have no future and they have to come out like last time. If we escape relegation this time, those cunts would just continue to be SD zombie and join the ritual held every weekend.  The point is, Newcastle has to be TOXIC to his business empire.  Under no other circumstances he would sell the club, and no way there would be an Abramovich come in to save us under the FPP rule.

Guest Brendan_Rice

No. The last time we went down we had a lot of dead wood. This time the squad is threadbare, we would struggle to get back into the premier league. Shit league as it is, I want to see NUFC *compete* at the top level. 

You dont know that the price is more than the £250m he originally put in. Thats purely guesswork, i agree theres no reason he will go unless the fans make it impossible for him(yeah right) but i still dont think he will suddenly throw away a fortune either on relegation.

I don't know what the price is now. I just know that PL football clubs are not really a buyers market. Also if you're Ashley and you consider NUFC an investment he is getting good value from his investment now and for the foreseeable. I don't think he'd do anything on relegation but I think if we were out of the top league for a while he'd be more inclined to sell, I also think it's more conducive to fan pressure being exerted.

It's a shitty situation either way which there isn't an obvious way out of.

can't answer the question. It all depends on Mikes response. will he sell or....

Anyway...point is made - relegation or not!

He needs to invest heavily in the squad...his brand is very damaged....we are a joke worldwide! Not just your locals who feel sad/humiliated/angry also us foreigners!

We also loose interest and NUFC worldwide fanbase will decrease massively....can´t imagine the fanbase have increased much (internationally) since the 90s.

Sad thing is that 2 years ago we were probably very close to having a proper squad pushing for europe with out problem. Probably just needed a quality signing in each chain and a good mangager!

He pissed it all away! No pride or passion - only PROFIT....you fat fuk! :rant:

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that we're more likely to find buyers for the club if we drop down a division. The investment to gain promotion would be slightly less than that to keep us up. Also as new owners, maybe starting out in the championship, away from the spotlight of the PL, might be better if they intend to fix the problems Ashley has left us with. It would be easier to assemble a young and hungry squad, and install a forward thinking, young and hungry manager to take us back up. Not too dissimilar to the methodology applied by SJH.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that we're more likely to find buyers for the club if we drop down a division. The investment to gain promotion would be slightly less than that to keep us up. Also as new owners, maybe starting out in the championship, away from the spotlight of the PL, might be better if they intend to fix the problems Ashley has left us with. It would be easier to assemble a young and hungry squad, and install a forward thinking, young and hungry manager to take us back up. Not too dissimilar to the methodology applied by SJH.

Which is why I simply can't see him selling off cheap, which he'd have to do if we're in the Championship, when he can just wait it out, loan us enough to modestly invest in the team, get promoted, and we're back where we are now a few years down the line except with more money owed to Ashley.

Getting promotion won't be easy at all, the squad we would start with would be absolute dross. And the manager would probably be Carver.

Yup. We were lucky to have Hughton and the key players that dragged us up last time, hard to see who would step up now.

Getting promotion won't be easy at all, the squad we would start with would be absolute dross. And the manager would probably be Carver.

Yup. We were lucky to have Hughton and the key players that dragged us up last time, hard to see who would step up now.

totally, not a chance this set up, staff and players would stand a chance of bouncing straight back up unless we spent 50 million or something

totally, not a chance this set up, staff and players would stand a chance of bouncing straight back up unless we spent 50 million or something

Under Ashley yes. But maybe new owners can rejuvenate the whole place and re-work the club's structure to move us forward, without spending astronomical amounts. And even if they do, the sheer size of our club makes it a sound investment. It's so fucking easy for Ashley to do it but he's too stupid/tight to do it.