Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Premier League or Championship? Whatever division we are in you have to ask yourself which scenario is more likely the, way i see it...

The negative, Stay up - things carry on as they are, Go down - things get worse

The positive, Stay up - ol' fatty changes his ways, Go down - beginning of the end for ashley

I don't think he'll ever sell while the TV money for the premier league is flowing in. I agree it may be poor business rather than getting us back up but i think the only chance he sells is if he's cutting his loses

Guest Brendan_Rice

I don't think he'll ever sell while the TV money for the premier league is flowing in. I agree it may be poor business rather than getting us back up but i think the only chance he sells is if he's cutting his loses

This.

Even if we get relegated there is a parachute payment, that will keep Ashley here. Like it or not he is here for the long run, like everyone else I wish he would f*** off, but that isn't going to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22171365

If we are talking about what we want to happen, I want us to limp over the line, stay up, Ashley to realise what a tremendous f*** up he has made, get rid of Charnley, Carver, bring in a new manager who plays attacking football and give him money to rebuild. I also want my lottery numbers to come in this week.

Can't see it though.

To think the shit served under this regime might, just might, extend to yet another season in the EPL is....  :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Ashley does not deserve more chances...

I've done it a few different ways and it always results in Sunderland going down, it relies heavily on them not beating Everton, draw or loss would be acceptable.

This went well.

I found myself biting my nails and constantly checking on the Hull score the longer our game went on. I'm guessing that means I want us to stay in the division more than I realised.

I don't really care tbh(which is a sad state of affairs itself), but i do believe that the longer we are in the Championship the more likely it is he'd sell. He'll never sell in a million years if we stay in the PL.

I found myself biting my nails and constantly checking on the Hull score the longer our game went on. I'm guessing that means I want us to stay in the division more than I realised.

same here done alittle fist pump when ayoze scored.

so pretty much identical to two years ago, going to qpr needing to stay up. hopefully they'll gift us three points again. hba winner from the spot.

Was there ever any context behind his "not selling until at least the end of the 2015/2016 season" comment? Seems like an odd thing to say if there's no intention at all to sell.

For me the most powerful message to Mike Ashley would be if NUFC aren't relegated but people continue to cancel season tickets and protest. He may have fooled himself into thinking the fans are protesting because we might get relegated rather than because of the shite house way he runs the club from top to bottom. If we do get relegated he'll probably put the protests and season ticket cancellations down to that.

Was there ever any context behind his "not selling until at least the end of the 2015/2016 season" comment? Seems like an odd thing to say if there's no intention at all to sell.

It was a statement in response to this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11330409/Alan-Pardew-left-Newcastle-as-Mike-Ashley-is-about-to-sell-club-suggests-Alan-Shearer.html

It was a statement in response to this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11330409/Alan-Pardew-left-Newcastle-as-Mike-Ashley-is-about-to-sell-club-suggests-Alan-Shearer.html

I don't even know. I just don't see any positive prospects no matter what happens. Staying up, Ashley fills his pockets and probably sticks around a while. I can't see people staying away from games either. Going down, he still may stick around a while, but even if he doesn't, who knows how long we'll be stuck in the Championship. Everything is shit.

Its a way to pacify fans, there's absolutely no reason for him to sell now or in a years time as things stand.