Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worships the Colback, Pards and Ashley. Despises the KK, Shearer and Robson. Daft lad must live in Opposites land.

But we once got beat 0-4 when we had open terraces and it was cold in the 80s so what would I know.

Yes.

We won't get sold in the Championship but we won't get sold in the PL either so I'd rather be where it makes the fat controller the least amount of money.

Also would serve them right for running the club like a fucking flee market.

Yes.

The club is completely fucked in every possible way. There is no point to us being in the Premier League under Ashley's ownership. None, its fucking shit, even when we win its shit. Staying up will only drag this shit out for years. There are no buyers for us now so I don't see what difference it makes getting relegated so who gives a fuck? Any buyer worth his salt should not be detered by our league standing. At this point, total implosion seems the quickest way of reclaiming our club back so bring it on.

Yes.

The club is completely fucked in every possible way. There is no point to us being in the Premier League under Ashley's ownership. None, its fucking shit, even when we win its shit. Staying up will only drag this shit out for years. There are no buyers for us now so I don't see what difference it makes getting relegated so who gives a fuck? Any buyer worth his salt should not be detered by our league standing. At this point, total implosion seems the quickest way of reclaiming our club back so bring it on.

:thup:

Yes.

We won't get sold in the Championship but we won't get sold in the PL either so I'd rather be where it makes the fat controller the least amount of money.

Yeah, this is the kind of thinking that has me scratching my head. As though something that's bad for Ashley has to be good for us. No matter what.

On balance I still just about say no.

I'm not convinced of any link to the likelihood of a sale so I'd rather not have to follow the Championship. Not that I'll feel gutted like I did last time, but I don't want to go down.

Guest chopey

Ashley could have it so easy....

Give the job to Paco Jemez

Give him £30 million of the £38 million in the bank

Tell him he can run the football side of the club as he see's fit

Leave him alone till May

Have a major meeting with three games left.

Re-assess.

No.

Madness that the question could even be asked. It's getting like winning this battle with Ashley is more important than what happens to the club.

:lol: :lol: you realise that winning the battle with Ashley IS the most important thing that could happen to the club, right?

Yes.

Yeah, this is the kind of thinking that has me scratching my head. As though something that's bad for Ashley has to be good for us. No matter what.

It's not good for us, but would staying up be good for us? It would just show Fat Mike where the sweet spot is, that this is how cheap and shit he can keep us while still advertising his sweatpants to the world.

No. I'd like to think that we have a bigger chance of Ashley selling the club if we stay in the premiership. Then again I'm not totally sure. At least we should be making life for Ashley here a living hell. I won't be much bothered if we go down though.

Need to stay in the league so we can continue to pay off the money owed that Ashley was so kind to loan the Portsmouth case of a club we were. We've no chance of doing that in the Championship...

Yes.

Are you for fucking real, man?  How have you found the last 7 years?  You're absolutely full of shit man, stop trying to be contrary with people who realised what the craic was a long time ago and want change.  You haven't got a clue what you're on about.  Sammy Ameobi still your favourite player?

Voted no, purely because I dont think Ashley will go if we go down. Being in the PL will keep us in the spotlight for anything anti Ashley aswell. I think the best chance we have of him going is if he tries abit of a overhaul this summer and still end up in a relegation battle next season, then maybe he'll see us a risky investment incase we do actually go down.

If going down this season meant he went I'd be all for it though.

Struggling to see the obsession of some of just existing in the PL. Making up the numbers and providing slight opposition for the good teams who have ambitions to win the damn thing. Purely from a fan's point of view being in the PL is shite unless you support all but 3 or 4 clubs, the only upside I can see is that you get to see good opposition players in the flesh.

Can't understand how any Newcastle fan could look back on the last 5 or 6 seasons with any fondness. We've had the odd notable scalp and the odd really good performance and/or result but it's been pretty grim when viewed as a whole. Losses have long ceased to hurt due to the regularity with which they occur, draws fail to initiate any emotion of any kind and wins barely seem worth celebrating as they just help to perpetuate to situation.

Relegation shouldn't be championed necessarily, it's still a massive stigma, but I know surviving another year will change nothing. The same problems that have been here for years will still be there. The money will keep rolling in and the club will continue to be neglected by Ashley. It'll be a case of "as you were lads" and "same again please" if we somehow squeak a win from somewhere and 'survive', that's all it is - survival, we're not going anywhere, we're just hanging around.

Relegation would certainly change things, maybe for the worse initially granted, but it would force the club to be run differently. How they'd cope, what they'd do I've got no idea but I'd far rather have my interest piqued by dropping than following this club as it's currently operating. In the words of Bob Dylan - "When you ain't got nothing, you've got nothing to lose".

Fuck it, what's the worst that could happen? 

I don't, because Ashley still wont sell. So I'd rather be in the Prem than risk never getting back up. I hate everything about this club right now but I don't think relegation is the answer, it'll just make things worse.

Struggling to see the obsession of some of just existing in the PL. Making up the numbers and providing slight opposition for the good teams who have ambitions to win the damn thing. Purely from a fan's point of view being in the PL is shite unless you support all but 3 or 4 clubs, the only upside I can see is that you get to see good opposition players in the flesh.

Can't understand how any Newcastle fan could look back on the last 5 or 6 seasons with any fondness. We've had the odd notable scalp and the odd really good performance and/or result but it's been pretty grim when viewed as a whole. Losses have long ceased to hurt due to the regularity with which they occur, draws fail to initiate any emotion of any kind and wins barely seem worth celebrating as they just help to perpetuate to situation.

Relegation shouldn't be championed necessarily, it's still a massive stigma, but I know surviving another year will change nothing. The same problems that have been here for years will still be there. The money will keep rolling in and the club will continue to be neglected by Ashley. It'll be a case of "as you were lads" and "same again please" if we somehow squeak a win from somewhere and 'survive', that's all it is - survival, we're not going anywhere, we're just hanging around.

Relegation would certainly change things, maybe for the worse initially granted, but it would force the club to be run differently. How they'd cope, what they'd do I've got no idea but I'd far rather have my interest piqued by dropping than following this club as it's currently operating. In the words of Bob Dylan - "When you ain't got nothing, you've got nothing to lose".

Fuck it, what's the worst that could happen?

been thinking this a lot myself in recent seasons, in theory the quality of the football is higher but there's next to no competitiveness same teams fighting for the prizes season after season while 14 teams may as well not exist because none of them even bother trying to compete just exist to survive and keep the cash flowing to pay it to agents and average players in increasing amounts.

I don't even see the quality of the football as being higher (I know you said in theory). IMO it's markedly worse than it was 10-15 years ago. Even the games between the top teams are usually a bore-off.

The whole Premier League experience seems more 'Emperor's New Clothes' every year to me, although obviously not to everyone else since the public continue to throw money at Sky for it.