FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Loads of  injuries about. Ironically, probably due to the mad fixture pile up caused by the WC.

Criminal that this tourney was allowed to happen in the winter. seriously angers me. 

I personally don't care which players may or may not miss the World Cup. Obviously for those players in question its a horrific situation to be in as it's a dream for them all but it won't change my enjoyment of it.

I am still looking forward to this tournament as much as I would for any other. Alot of people are really down on it and won't agree with me but football is football and I'll be watching and enjoying Senegal Vs Netherlands or Belgium Vs Canada as much as I would if it were in the summer in any other country.

21 hours ago, Nobody said:

Turned 18 during the 2006 one in Germany. Since then, it'll have been in South Africa, Brazil, Russia, Qatar and USA. I'll be in my 40s for the next one in Europe that I could plausibly go to :lol:

Next Euros is in Germany. Will be class.

Bit annoying so many games are 10am/1pm/3pm on a weekday.

advantage of European/Americas/African tournaments is all the games are late afternoon or evenings. Workplaces tend to be flexible for England games, but a bit harder to explain why you’ve done no work for 2 hours whilst Croatia vs Morocco is on.

4 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Bit annoying so many games are 10am/1pm/3pm on a weekday.

advantage of European/Americas/African tournaments is all the games are late afternoon or evenings. Workplaces tend to be flexible for England games, but a bit harder to explain why you’ve done no work for 2 hours whilst Croatia vs Morocco is on.

I’ll be taking full advantage of remote working

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bl5jpqcooa2i6aokgt

9 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The more grim aspects aside. It is just absolutely mental to have the World Cup somewhere so tiny. It’s like if Tyne and Wear got awarded the entire World Cup.

Yep, that’s been lost somehow.  Qatar is a city-state not a country.  If San Marino was awarded WC hosting rights we’d all think that was completely and utterly fucking mental.  Because it would be.

Of course, San Marino is unlikely to stuff shitloads of notes and jewellery into the pockets of the FIFA exec, so we can rule out San Marino 2030 I reckon. 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Did we create a thread for each group for the last few tournaments? Kept all of the posts for each game in each group in the same individual thread? Or did I imagine all of that? ???

Yeah there was a different sub forum, that was broken down into individual groups, then for every round. As well as stuff like the prediction league etc.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Yeah there was a different sub forum, that was broken down into individual groups, then for every round. As well as stuff like the prediction league etc.

Cool :thup:

What are the general thoughts on doing the same again? Pros and cons?