Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Still offering the most important job at the club to people because:

1) They're cheap

2) They'll accept players coming and going without their say

3) They'll work with the idiots we gave 8 year contracts to

4) We won't have to pay compensation

His name is irrelevant. That's the basis we hire on, it hasn't changed since Keegan left.

I'd be very surprised if Vieira is coming in on the cheap mind, he's probably on more than the rest of our staff put together at the moment.

There is a bit of evidence, he's intelligent, highly experienced and a real competitor.

It's doesn't mean he'll be a good manager, but it gives him a chance.

He isn't highly experienced.  He literally has no experience in management beyond youth level.

Aye I know, I obviously meant in football.

Great my students are highly experienced in a classroom I'm going to let to fuckers start doing the teaching.

This is crackers if true. Not sure what to think. He could have the making of a good coach but if you listened to the media so did John carver; the coach who had all the experience and guidance. This club man, who the fuck knows.

There is a bit of evidence, he's intelligent, highly experienced and a real competitor.

It's doesn't mean he'll be a good manager, but it gives him a chance.

He isn't highly experienced.  He literally has no experience in management beyond youth level.

Aye I know, I obviously meant in football.

Great my students are highly experienced in a classroom I'm going to let to f***ers start doing the teaching.

Outstanding teachers will facilitate this with all their groups :smug:

Guest firetotheworks

It makes no sense to get excited about this like, sorry. He has zero top level experience and is purely being seen as a good thing because he was a great player and it's more glamourous than Carver. That's it, we know nothing about him, nor do they, nor does anyone and that should be met with negativity.

Nah. Given the realistic alternatives (that Charnley and Ashley might actually appoint) of Brucey and McLaren, an unknown quantity breeds some amount of excitement. He's unproven, and based on that he'll probably fail at a PL club. But the fact we don't know what he'll bring, and that he's done some ok things with the Man City youth and his establishment of Diembars, as well as his invoolvement at Tromsø IL in Norway and such makes me quite excited.

Obviously would rather have the likes of Garde and Jemez, but Vieira instead of McLaren? Yes. Every day.

You're presenting the scenario that Bruce or McClaren are the only alternatives when they're obviously not, they're enforced alternatives, which is why someone like Vieira isn't anything to get excited about when the club could and absolutely should be making appointments based on actual merit.

People saying he's never done anything. Neither had keegan. Got to start somewhere

Exactly, Keegan had been playing golf on the Costa Del Sol for 8 years before managing us, at Least Vieira is still involved in the game and at a top club as well.

It's a gamble, but why not?

Guest firetotheworks

It makes no sense to get excited about this like, sorry. He has zero top level experience and is purely being seen as a good thing because he was a great player and it's more glamourous than Carver. That's it, we know nothing about him, nor do they, nor does anyone and that should be met with negativity.

So If they appoint him would you get behind him?

I can't see me getting behind any managers under Ashley, but the honest answer is that I don't know because I know absolutely nothing about him and nor does anyone else. If it was a good manager, yes. A bad manager, no. An unknown manager, I don't know.

Cheer up you moody lot ffs :lol: I doubt anyone's excited that we're about to and win the league or something, it's exciting because it's Patrick Vieira! Would make next season at the very least interesting.

Or he could be absolute shite (the more likely answer at this point) and next season will be just as bad as this one. I honestly cannot see what's exiting about this at all? :lol:

He's a genuine leader with presence and commands respect. While he has no proper managerial experience these are qualities which are part of being a good manager. Yes he would have to prove other things, but he'd have these traits to build on and I'd also like to think he wouldn't accept being treat like a mug by those above. 

Nah. Given the realistic alternatives (that Charnley and Ashley might actually appoint) of Brucey and McLaren, an unknown quantity breeds some amount of excitement. He's unproven, and based on that he'll probably fail at a PL club. But the fact we don't know what he'll bring, and that he's done some ok things with the Man City youth and his establishment of Diembars, as well as his invoolvement at Tromsø IL in Norway and such makes me quite excited.

Obviously would rather have the likes of Garde and Jemez, but Vieira instead of McLaren? Yes. Every day.

You're presenting the scenario that Bruce or McClaren are the only alternatives when they're obviously not, they're enforced alternatives, which is why someone like Vieira isn't anything to get excited about when the club could and absolutely should be making appointments based on actual merit.

I'm not opposed to Vieira as manager though, at all. I find it a refreshing option and given what I know of his work I'd under normal circumstances, albeit he's never managed a top side, be excited we're the team giving him the chance. We'll never give him the tools to succeed though, which is a shame. But yes, I don't think it's a bad appointment at all. I'd rather have Jemez, Garde and such, but I'm not at all displeased if we get Vieira.

Guest Gomez

At very least he'd be able to command the players' respect. I know notihng about him as a coach, but the fact that he's in that position at Man City and possibly being groomed for the first team role must mean someone's seen something in him.

At least not being confirmed shit yet would give us a little bit longer ot dream before the reality of supporitng S**** D*****'s marketing department hits again.

Cheer up you moody lot ffs :lol: I doubt anyone's excited that we're about to and win the league or something, it's exciting because it's Patrick Vieira! Would make next season at the very least interesting.

Spot on. The unknown makes it interesting and exciting