Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Sissoko's hero as well isn't he?

'I loved Thierry Henry and above all Patrick Vieira as we played in the same position. He radiated such power. He could cross the whole pitch with the ball at his feet.

'In midfield, he was the boss'

Guest firetotheworks

It's a bad appointment (providing it happens) dressed up as a forward thinking, ambitious one. It's a trick, a fairly obvious one as well.

To everyone it'll be seen as 'The unknown beats the known as being shit.' But employing someone that you know is bad and employing someone that you don't know anything about are as bad as each other when you could and should be employing someone that's known as good. Think of it that way.

But if someone's unknown, how can you know he's bad?

That's not the point, they don't know whether he's good, when they could employ someone that they know is good.

It's a very interesting proposal, but it's utterly impossible to know if he's 'better than Carver'. We all know Carver is garbage, Vieira could quite easily be too given there's no evidence either way. :lol:

As others have said, it's difficult to believe he'll be impressed by our Mickey Mouse approach to running a football club after being at Arsenal and Man City.

It's a very interesting proposal, but it's utterly impossible to know if he's 'better than Carver'. We all know Carver is garbage, Vieira could quite easily be too given there's no evidence either way. :lol:

As others have said, it's difficult to believe he'll be impressed by our Mickey Mouse approach to running a football club after being at Arsenal and Man City.

No disagreeing with this. Who knows, either his appointment could mean an improvement in our approach, or he could end up sacrificing his managerial career before it starts.

I don't think he'll be the only candidate we look to speak to next week.

This is what I'm guessing. Hard to be lover Viera would be their number one choice right now.

The express have stated we will speak to a Forrin candidate whos under contract as well as Vieria and McClaren next week.

Guest firetotheworks

:sweetjesus: Someone new to hate.

I don't want to hate Vieira. He was a bit of a knob at times, but I loved him as a player.

I don't think he'll be the only candidate we look to speak to next week.

This is what I'm guessing. Hard to be lover Viera would be their number one choice right now.

The express have stated we will speak to a Forrin candidate whos under contract as well as Vieria and McClaren next week.

:thup:

Why would we take a punt on him but not Gourvannec, Garde or Galtier?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/581100/Newcastle-Interview-Steve-McClaren-Arsenal-Patrick-Vieira-For-Manager-Role

When Pardew departed for Palace the first name on the Newcastle board’s wish list was Garde but according to an insider his interview unravelled when he kept asking whether there were any art galleries in the North East.

:mackems: