Lee Clark - new assistant manager?

lovejoy

Guest firetotheworks

Must we be forced to eventually come to hate every local man associated with the club? :lol: I can't think of one that I like(d) apart from Shearer.

Can't say I know much about him, but he doesn't strike me as the smartest of blokes. Also, as soon as you even consider signing for the mackems, you can no longer play the 'I love the club'-card.

If it's who McClaren wants then I don't really have a problem with it, I do think there is some merit to having a local lad on the staff. His last two jobs as manager have been disasters no doubt, but being assistant is far less challenging.

Of course the problem is that he'll be made manager if McClaren ever leaves in a cost saving move, but then that's true of almost anyone we could appoint.

Can't say I know much about him, but he doesn't strike me as the smartest of blokes. Also, as soon as you even consider signing for the mackems, you can no longer play the 'I love the club'-card.

Its Lee Clark man, he is Newcastle through and through...even tho he played for the mackems.  Absolute nonesense.

Having said that, it still shouldn't automatically qualify him for the job.