Charlie Austin

HawK

I can't remember ever being less excited about a potential signing. Tedious as fuck the way it's dragged on, although I don't think we were ever interested unless it was an end of contract adjusted fee like about half of what QPR are asking.

Personally, I hope QPR lose him for free in the summer.

They were stupid enough to spunk ridiculous fees on average players and expect other clubs to do the same for their players. Clubs who might have been interested have rightly baulked at the asking price and gone elsewhere. Hopefully by the end of the window they end up desperately trying to hawk him out for £10-12m when it's too late.

Edit: Or sunderland will go and buy him for £15m :lol:

Sunderland might well be desperate enough to pay the fee pretty soon btw, whether he'd go there is another question.

Think he would be good for us but would absolutely prefer a pacey tricky forward that can play out wide and contribute more to the team.

I trust cisse and mitrovich to get goals it chances are created for them. That is the biggest problem we have and Austin won't help solve that.

Rather have Rolan or someone that can fit with the strikers we have and can play multiple roles. We miss pace and someone that can create something from nothing through the middle.

I don't see Austin adding a whole lot more than experience in the premier League. Not convinced he can work alongside cisse or mitrovich and shouldn't be keeping the latter out.

Either way would rather see us use that money on a LB and CB.