Charlie Austin

HawK

Huge difference how? We would have lost to Swansea anyway, we hardly had a shot against Arsenal and against Man Yoo considering how the game was approached i doubt anything would have happened there either.

If he was actually given the start against Southampton fair enough, considering how the whole team played tonight fat chance of anything happening there. Nothing would have changed.

I've seen Austin create his own shot, I've seen Austin trap a ball, I've seen Austin look remotely a threat of creating something for someone else too.

I'm a huge fan of Cisse's but I can't see how on earth he's supposed to do anything if he can't even do the basic shit which is trap a ball, pounce on a defenders error (which in turn he can't trap), or if he's supposed to be the instinct finisher, then he needs to get something on target when he's taking a half volley. 

I've seen Austin create his own shot, I've seen Austin trap a ball, I've seen Austin look remotely a threat of creating something for someone else too.

I'm a huge fan of Cisse's but I can't see how on earth he's supposed to do anything if he can't even do the basic shit which is trap a ball, pounce on a defenders error (which in turn he can't trap), or if he's supposed to be the instinct finisher, then he needs to get something on target when he's taking a half volley.

:thup:

Austin bagged a great amount of goals in a shit QPR side. I know we pretty shit ourselves, but I'd imagine 5 games of Austin up top would have led to some goals of his own or at least linking up play to create more chances for others.

Fairly sure Austin would look like he gave a fuck as well, trying to impress and get in the England squad and that.

Exactly. Cisse has fuck all to play for at this stage of his career and he certainly gave an Oscar winning performance tonight if he doesn't feel that way.

He scored goals in the QPR side because they actually created chances believe it or not despite the fact they went down, far more than we ever do anyway.

He averaged something like 7 shots a game last year, don't ever recall we getting that as a fucking team. Not about Cisse anyway as i'm aware he's shite and i'm aware Austin is better but i don't think it would have made much different to the end game of being win less.

Like I said, huge Cisse fan but my patience has run its course with him. We're essentially playing with 10-8 men sometimes when the likes of Colback, Anita, and Cisse are on the pitch contributing fuck all to the attack + the former 2 contributing fuck all in stopping goals.

I'm a huge fan of Cisse's but I can't see how on earth he's supposed to do anything if he can't even do the basic s*** which is trap a ball, pounce on a defenders error (which in turn he can't trap), or if he's supposed to be the instinct finisher, then he needs to get something on target when he's taking a half volley.

So why are you a huge fan of him then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to join "a team on the up"...

Dig at us?

Who knows, apparently once Southampton showed an interest in him that was the only club he wanted to sign for... not sure I believe that but good luck to him I suppose, still think we've missed a trick but if he didn't want to come this far north then fuck him. Just hope we have an equally prolific striker lined up to bring in for an equally good deal, Mitro doesn't appear to be able to hit the side of a barn sadly.

Just not convinced he is what we need unless we are willing to drop Mitro and give up on him because his confidence will be killed by bringing a similar striker and dropping him. We need someone that can compliment and play with him as well as hold his own.

Austin is likely to be more injury prone as he gets older and hasn't set the world a light in the championship. I wouldn't have minded him here but I think we can a better suited fit.

• 6 months later...