The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Guest reefatoon

Seeing the coaches arrive and all hug on them training photos gets me giddy. Mental what a professional coaching staff can do for confidence.

What training photo's?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/e9/46/0,,10278~14698217,00.jpg

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez has spoken of some of the new additions he's made to his backroom staff in the close season.

Benitez added Matz Sels, Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie to his playing squad this week, but behind the scenes, the Spaniard has also been overseeing changes to both the coaching and medical departments.

Cristian Fernandez Martinez has joined the Club as rehabilitation fitness coach after a spell with Hull City, while Daniel Marti - who has acted in a consultancy role for West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur - has also checked in as a physiotherapist.

"We've increased the number of people in the medical department. We have a fitness coach for the rehabilitation (Fernandez Martinez) to try and make sure that the players come from the physios to the fitness coach to the training ground fine. We have this fitness coach," Benitez told nufcTV.

Meanwhile, Mikel Antia has arrived as first team coach, following the departure of former Juventus midfielder Fabbio Pecchia to take up the manager's job at Hellas Verona.

"Fabbio Pecchia has left because he had an offer from Hellas Verona, and I'm really pleased for him because obviously he will be number one there, and it's his country," said Benitez.

"We signed Mikel Antia, who was my former player at Real Madrid. He was in Aspire for four years, he has experience in coaching the coaches and training the players, and also he's played in Spain. He's a very good professional."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160702/benitez-on-backroom-additions_2281670_5696600

Guest chopey

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/e9/46/0,,10278~14698217,00.jpg

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez has spoken of some of the new additions he's made to his backroom staff in the close season.

Benitez added Matz Sels, Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie to his playing squad this week, but behind the scenes, the Spaniard has also been overseeing changes to both the coaching and medical departments.

Cristian Fernandez Martinez has joined the Club as rehabilitation fitness coach after a spell with Hull City, while Daniel Marti - who has acted in a consultancy role for West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur - has also checked in as a physiotherapist.

"We've increased the number of people in the medical department. We have a fitness coach for the rehabilitation (Fernandez Martinez) to try and make sure that the players come from the physios to the fitness coach to the training ground fine. We have this fitness coach," Benitez told nufcTV.

Meanwhile, Mikel Antia has arrived as first team coach, following the departure of former Juventus midfielder Fabbio Pecchia to take up the manager's job at Hellas Verona.

"Fabbio Pecchia has left because he had an offer from Hellas Verona, and I'm really pleased for him because obviously he will be number one there, and it's his country," said Benitez.

"We signed Mikel Antia, who was my former player at Real Madrid. He was in Aspire for four years, he has experience in coaching the coaches and training the players, and also he's played in Spain. He's a very good professional."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160702/benitez-on-backroom-additions_2281670_5696600

:D first comment

Interviewed by The Times newspaper on Saturday, former Newcastle United midfielder Didi Hamann claimed that he'd been invited to join the current backroom staff at Gallowgate:

"Rafa asked me to be his assistant at Newcastle which I turned down with a heavy heart.”

Hanging up his boots in 2010, Hamann had brief stints coaching at MK Dons and Leicester City before an unsuccessful period as Stockport County manager ended in November 2011. He's now a TV pundit.

Interesting

Shame. Although he shafted us, he was one hell of a player and leader off and on the pitch for Liverpool and man city.

Is this the same guy who told us, that his wife was so very homesick, that he would have to go back to Germany. Then signed for Liverpool ?

I usually file this sort under ''Lying Twat ''

Guest firetotheworks

I see Sammy Lee has left Southampton. Maybe Rafa will go for him?

I couldn't stand that.

If he joins I bet he says something like this.

"I am delighted to join Newcastle United Football Club.  When Rafa called me and asked me if I'd like to join him at Newcastle United Football Club I though how could I turn down the chance to work with Rafa at Newcastle United Football Club. Newcastle United Football Club has a proud history,  Newcastle United Football Club has passionate fans, Newcastle United Football Club is Newcastle United Football Club need I say more "

[emoji38]I knew this post was coming.

Hamann for a 3-4 month spell was the best midfielder I've seen here. Loved watching him play. Wasn't he another one fucked around by Gullit? Sure there was a massive row at half-time during the Cup Final or something which probably didn't help his decision to stay (plus Arsenal & Liverpool were simply way better at the time).

Guest Howaythetoon

Hamann for a 3-4 month spell was the best midfielder I've seen here. Loved watching him play. Wasn't he another one f***ed around by Gullit? Sure there was a massive row at half-time during the Cup Final or something which probably didn't help his decision to stay (plus Arsenal & Liverpool were simply way better at the time).

He had it all, I loved Rob Lee, but Hamann could get forward just as well, score goals just as much, but he was so much more switched on off the ball and defensively. Hamann in KK's team and you'd be talking about one of the best player's we've ever had for me. He was great at Liverpool as well.

Can't wait to see how the rest of the backroom setup takes place.

In particular how much I have faith in Rafa reforming our academy setup. No more jobs for the boys for the likes of Beardsley, Stone, Carver, Clark etc. Purely going to be the best candidate for the job.