The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Thats the still of the clip where he was hilariously ignored.

Doesn't change the fact that the 'best coach in the premier league' managed an actual club for 6 months and there was no chance of him being sacked

He was sacked.

After 6 months, not before. Made the whole club a laughing stock (No Offence) for that period and wasn't sacked despite serious threats of relegation

No s***. So what's your point?

That Carver managed the club and Pardew was better and still good enough for the Premier League

Pardew only got 3 more points in the last 20 games of the 13-14 season as what Carver got in his 20 games last season. Carver didn't have the benefit of people like Mbiwa, Santon, Ben Arfa, Remy....

Pardew is the so-called respected Premier League manager who has his arse kissed in the media, Carver is a shit coach who shouldn't have held that position in a million years.

Pardew is an horrendous coach/manager, Carver was just cut from the same cloth and basically copied his style when he got the job rather than change it up.

Doesn't change the fact that the 'best coach in the premier league' managed an actual club for 6 months and there was no chance of him being sacked

He was sacked.

After 6 months, not before. Made the whole club a laughing stock (No Offence) for that period and wasn't sacked despite serious threats of relegation

That Carver managed the club and Pardew was better and still good enough for the Premier League

Pardew only got 3 more points in the last 20 games of the 13-14 season as what Carver got in his 20 games last season. Carver didn't have the benefit of people like Mbiwa, Santon, Ben Arfa, Remy....

What about Pardew's best three 20 game spells?

He was sacked.

What about the two times he had us in relegation form, one time nearly actually getting us relegated?  What about him benching any decent, creative, flair player?  What about us playing the most negative, turgid football in the league.  He makes Fat Sam and Pulis seem cultured FFS.

I genuinely believe there were long spells under Pardew, that were worse than Allardyce.  When you consider the players he had at his disposal.  That is criminal

Guest chopey

Some of the football under Pardew was criminally bad, one of the things I'm actually looking forward to this season is Palace crumbling after a good Pardewing

Guest GoonerAlexis

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02327/pardewshove_2327644b.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/01/article-0-1BF08D0A00000578-962_634x471.jpg

Considering I'm an Arsenal fan, his touchline antics are hardly likely to surprise me, he did tend to annoy Wenger a lot too...

He was sacked.

What about the two times he had us in relegation form, one time nearly actually getting us relegated?  What about him benching any decent, creative, flair player?  What about us playing the most negative, turgid football in the league.  He makes Fat Sam and Pulis seem cultured FFS.

I genuinely believe there were long spells under Pardew, that were worse than Allardyce.  When you consider the players he had at his disposal.  That is criminal

He also had two periods of CL form. One time nearly actually getting us in the CL.

Pardew was a manager of extreme ends. Some brilliant runs of form. Some truly dreadful. Carver = only dreadful. IN his entire career. With bias you can make a case that Pardew is a top manager or an awful manager. Truthfully, he's bang average. Capable of stringing together incredible - ambitition defying runs of forms and simultaneously capable of never being abel to get a team out of a rut.

I'd argue he's not even 'bang average' though.  Everywhere he has been, he starts well, due to his motivating or whatever it is.  His plan A works for a long time.  Then it goes to shit, the football gets worse and worse and is  magnified further due to results changing.  He then proceeds to blame everything and everyone, get even more cocky and arrogant and the usually ends up getting the boot/leaving.  He only lasted here so long due our owner being a complete and utter joke, the same reason Carver got the job and lasted so long.  Pardew got to turn it around a bit, another win streak and then got us back to midtable mediocrity.  Only because our owner wanted a cheap yes man as manager.  90% or more of other clubs would have got rid of him long before IMO. 

It'll be interesting to see how he does at Palace this year.  Sounds like he may get backed with a bit of cash, but I fully expect him to follow his career record and it all to go horribly south. 

I'm sure we had West Ham and Charlton fans predicting the future for us and warned us about all of the above. 

I agree he is a streaky manager though.  Puts together a load of dodgy wins and manages to keep the momentum going.  Which is a positive of course.  Also manages to go on record breaking losing streaks and get absolutely hammered by 'bang average' teams and out-coached by 'bang average' managers. 

The man is a charlatan and a complete fraud.