The Coaching Staff

NUFC

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/andy-woodman-finally-leaves-newcastle-for-palace-with-simon-smith-set-to-replace-him-1-7387631

Simon Smith not Steele coming in according to this. Find that hard to believe but I guess Smith has more recent history with the club.

Why is that hard to believe? Hasn't Steele already got himself a new job?

Missed the above completely. DOH.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2015/jul/four-new-interim-coaches-appointed-280715  Steele's new position

Article says he's been working at the FA, so naturally should be better than Woodman :lol:

Big daddy has been looking over the biggest goalkeeper prospect in England for some time now. Show some respect.

Article says he's been working at the FA, so naturally should be better than Woodman :lol:

Big daddy has been looking over the biggest goalkeeper prospect in England for some time now. Show some respect.

Is Freddie Woodman really that highly rated?

NUFC's ex-goalkeeping coach says he's a future star

NUFC's ex-goalkeeping coach says he's a future star

See? Even when I say something with tongue in cheek I'm right. :smug:

Just had the pleasure of telling a palace supporting colleague of what to expect from woodmans coaching. He thinks they are after obertan as well

Please... do not joke about that. I am about to fling my clothes off and do the (see below) if this happens to be true....

http://tv.mymuti.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/aeNAX4Q_460sa.gif

Is this Simon Smith chap good? He did work for us when we had the likes of Given and Harper on the books.

Sound as owt when I went to his keeper coaching classes as a 10-year-old.

He might've changed in the 16 years since but he was really encouraging and seemed to put a bit of thought into what he was teaching, not just lumping balls at us for the sake of it.

EDIT: his son Ben was also in our academy when he was here under SBR, too. Anyone know what ever became of him?

Guest Howaythetoon

Heard one or two good things about him when I was into coaching. He can't be any worse than Woodman!

It's been particularly pleasing during my time here to have worked with Tim Krul and played a part in him rising through the ranks to become the Club's first choice goalkeeper and a regular international.

*snigger*

It's been particularly pleasing during my time here to have worked with Tim Krul and played a part in him rising through the ranks to become the Club's first choice goalkeeper and a regular international.

*snigger*

"I'm particularly proud of his form last season and his vast improvements with his kicking ability"

Guest neesy111

*snigger*

Wasn't he already first choice before Woodman and Pardew arrived?

*snigger*

Yep

*snigger*

Yep

Harper was wasn't he?